“3rd time in this hotel”

Copthorne Hotel Aberdeen
Ranked #42 of 65 Hotels in Aberdeen
Reviewed June 23, 2014

It's my 3rd time when I visited Copthorne Aberdeen. My first stay was average- nothing good, nothing bad (October 2013). My second there was horrible room was cold, dirty and really dusty. I told myself it's last time when I choice that place (February 2014). Only reason why I am back here again was my friend recommends me this place. he said staff it's really nice and rooms are much clean. And that's was true. He was right. This time (June 2014) my room was excellent clean. Staff was amazing especially Michael which first brings me a fan to my room as on my request- was too hot for me, and then after he serve me in restaurant. I will for sure back here again and I will recommend this hotel to all my friends.

Room Tip: ask for 4th floor rooms much more nicer then on 2nd.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
3  Thank Tom M

Reviewed June 23, 2014

I am amazed how good the stay was. Brilliant time at the bar, the bartender Micheal serving very well, made our trip to Aberdeen really pleasnt. Rooms were good size, genrally the service was great. Definately i would like to recommened this place to anyone who is visiting Aberdeen.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
3  Thank Emilio C
Reviewed June 16, 2014 via mobile

Came for 4 nights for business, welcoming staff allowed me to leave my bag before and after check in/out.

Room was clean with good if slightly dated decor, the bed was not great for me but I do suffer with a bad back so this is not necessarily a reflection of the hotel.

Room service excellent, limited options but what was there was good also a great grab and go option for breakfast.

The only issue I had was the heat, it may not often be an issue for Aberdeen but it was a heat wave and I was on the fourth floor with no air con!

Overall great stay for business, walking distance to station and shops

Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed June 16, 2014

We stayed here for an overnight and the service was really good. The room was spacious and the bed really comfortable in fact I had such a good sleep I asked who their supplier of pillows were. Maria at reception promised to find out for me and called me at home with the information. Well done to her for a great service. The staff who were serving breakfast were very courteous and Aldis was very attentive. The breakfast was excellent with a varied choice. The only downside was the underground car park. There was a couple of spaces but due to the limited room it was too tight to park to allow exit in and out of car.

Reviewed June 15, 2014 via mobile

I stayed here with my sister for 2 nights on the 13 June 2014. It's a lovely hotel. The staff are very friendly and helpful. We got a great price for 2 nights with breakfast included. We asked for a twin room and it was a lovely large room with 2 double beds. This is my second time at this hotel and I will definitely come again.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 14, 2014

I was a bit apprehensive when booking this hotel as I had read some mediocre reviews, but was very pleasantly surprised when we arrived. The check in staff were friendly and efficient and the room was very nice. We had a top floor room which was light and airy and the location was great for Union Street.
The only downside was the parking. The garage was very small and tight and if you go down and it is full, it is very hard to get out again.
I would definitely recommend staying here

1  Thank JackieHallCarnoustie
Reviewed June 13, 2014

We stayed overnight, the price was an excellent offer for attending a function within the hotel.
Check in was efficient and the room was comfortable, the reception area, lounge and dining room were all nicely furnished.The buffet breakfast had an excellent choice, although there was a slight wait for some items which in fairness was probably due to the dining room being busy at the time.The hotel staff were friendly and we would stay here again!
The only downside is if you have arrived by car the underground car park is very small ! It has a very tight entrance, it was full when we arrived and needed a 6 point turn to get back out. Then the only other alternative for parking close by was in the multi car park, which was only across the road but quite expensive.