“Lovely hotel, but hot in a heat wave!”

Copthorne Hotel Aberdeen
Ranked #40 of 65 Hotels in Aberdeen
“Lovely hotel, but hot in a heat wave!”
Reviewed June 16, 2014 via mobile

Came for 4 nights for business, welcoming staff allowed me to leave my bag before and after check in/out.

Room was clean with good if slightly dated decor, the bed was not great for me but I do suffer with a bad back so this is not necessarily a reflection of the hotel.

Room service excellent, limited options but what was there was good also a great grab and go option for breakfast.

The only issue I had was the heat, it may not often be an issue for Aberdeen but it was a heat wave and I was on the fourth floor with no air con!

Overall great stay for business, walking distance to station and shops

Stayed June 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (132)
  • Czech first
East Kilbride, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 16, 2014

We stayed here for an overnight and the service was really good. The room was spacious and the bed really comfortable in fact I had such a good sleep I asked who their supplier of pillows were. Maria at reception promised to find out for me and called me at home with the information. Well done to her for a great service. The staff who were serving breakfast were very courteous and Aldis was very attentive. The breakfast was excellent with a varied choice. The only downside was the underground car park. There was a couple of spaces but due to the limited room it was too tight to park to allow exit in and out of car.

Reviewed June 15, 2014 via mobile

I stayed here with my sister for 2 nights on the 13 June 2014. It's a lovely hotel. The staff are very friendly and helpful. We got a great price for 2 nights with breakfast included. We asked for a twin room and it was a lovely large room with 2 double beds. This is my second time at this hotel and I will definitely come again.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Carnoustie, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 14, 2014

I was a bit apprehensive when booking this hotel as I had read some mediocre reviews, but was very pleasantly surprised when we arrived. The check in staff were friendly and efficient and the room was very nice. We had a top floor room which was light and airy and the location was great for Union Street.
The only downside was the parking. The garage was very small and tight and if you go down and it is full, it is very hard to get out again.
I would definitely recommend staying here

1 Thank JackieHallCarnoustie
Erskine, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 13, 2014

We stayed overnight, the price was an excellent offer for attending a function within the hotel.
Check in was efficient and the room was comfortable, the reception area, lounge and dining room were all nicely furnished.The buffet breakfast had an excellent choice, although there was a slight wait for some items which in fairness was probably due to the dining room being busy at the time.The hotel staff were friendly and we would stay here again!
The only downside is if you have arrived by car the underground car park is very small ! It has a very tight entrance, it was full when we arrived and needed a 6 point turn to get back out. Then the only other alternative for parking close by was in the multi car park, which was only across the road but quite expensive.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 13, 2014

Service was very good, all staff were friendly and helpful.
decor is slightly dated but this is made up by the friendly staff.
I had a room near the roadside and Abhilasha Markan on reception was very helpful in giving me option to swap at any time.
recommended stay if you are visiting business clients in and around the the city - good location!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Glasgow
Reviewed June 11, 2014

I now stay in the Copthorne every second week in the month. I stay for at least 2-3nights each time.. After a long hard day I always receive a Happy Welcome.. This is why I consider this hotel to be my home from home. Abbey is always genuinely interested in how my day has been, where I have been and how I am? I love it when the first point of contact in a hotel is happy, smiley and chatty unlike many other hotels.

Room Tip: Third floor is my favourite