“Nice hotel with friendly staff.”

Copthorne Hotel Aberdeen
Ranked #43 of 65 Hotels in Aberdeen
Reviewed June 13, 2014

We stayed overnight, the price was an excellent offer for attending a function within the hotel.
Check in was efficient and the room was comfortable, the reception area, lounge and dining room were all nicely furnished.The buffet breakfast had an excellent choice, although there was a slight wait for some items which in fairness was probably due to the dining room being busy at the time.The hotel staff were friendly and we would stay here again!
The only downside is if you have arrived by car the underground car park is very small ! It has a very tight entrance, it was full when we arrived and needed a 6 point turn to get back out. Then the only other alternative for parking close by was in the multi car park, which was only across the road but quite expensive.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple

Reviewed June 13, 2014

Service was very good, all staff were friendly and helpful.
decor is slightly dated but this is made up by the friendly staff.
I had a room near the roadside and Abhilasha Markan on reception was very helpful in giving me option to swap at any time.
recommended stay if you are visiting business clients in and around the the city - good location!

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed June 11, 2014

I now stay in the Copthorne every second week in the month. I stay for at least 2-3nights each time.. After a long hard day I always receive a Happy Welcome.. This is why I consider this hotel to be my home from home. Abbey is always genuinely interested in how my day has been, where I have been and how I am? I love it when the first point of contact in a hotel is happy, smiley and chatty unlike many other hotels.

Room Tip: Third floor is my favourite
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed June 10, 2014

It was to be a three night stay but I extended it to four! What makes this hotel work is the wonderful reception you receive from all members of staff. Klara could not have been more helpful when I made the booking and made me feel most welcome along with Maria, Lilita and the very helpful Aldis who helped me with all my luggage! The dining and bar staff were excellent and a special thank you to Anupam for the delicious food.
My room was comfortable and great to have a good bed! So important for those with back problems! The bath was fabulous but shower curtain very dated!
The location is perfect. Nice and handy for the shops!
Very much looking forward to returning with my family next week for our daughter's final year fashion exhibition!
The car park below the hotel was invaluable. But you need to be a good driver to manoeuvre into the tight spaces and through the exit! Quite tricky in a 4 x 4! I think I managed without any scratches!

Room Tip: Ask for one!
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed June 8, 2014

The ladies on reception were very efficient and as nearly all rooms were ready for us when we arrived this allowed our bowlers sufficient time to get changed for our afternoon match. We have been in many hotels over the years but the check in on Saturday was one of the slickest. Thanks also to the young gentleman in the bar who printed directions to help us find the bowling club that we were playing at.

Our tour takes us to a different area of our country each year but if we are ever back in Aberdeen again we'll be in touch. Also a number of bowling clubs in our area have annual tours so if we hear that any are heading to Aberdeen then your hotel will receive a good recommendation from us.

David E Barclay
Past President Falkirk Bowling Club

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank davidebarclay
Reviewed June 8, 2014

During my stay In Copthorne Aberdeen Hotel I been serving by Michael. Amazing customer service. Helpfull, charming and provide extra mile to his work. Food was great. Comfy bed, but room dated. I can not complain at all. Big thank you

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank john w
JohnKarwl-Jackes, General Manager at Copthorne Hotel Aberdeen, responded to this reviewResponded June 9, 2014

Dear Guest,
I am so pleased you were looked after during your stay and of course I will pass on your kind words to the team and especially to Michael who will be delighted to hear you mentioned him personally.
Thank you again & I hope we get the chance to “welcome you back” in the near future.
Kind Regards
John

Reviewed June 7, 2014 via mobile

This is a decent hotel tucked away in the corner of Huntly Street. About 3 minutes away from the bustling Union Street and 10-15 minutes walk from the local train station.

The room was clean, spacious, and all the equipment was functioning adequately. It wasn't luxury by any means but it was comfortable.

The chapel street carpark was located just opposite, which offered affordable parking rates. It was also just a few minutes walk to the local sainbury's, banks and high street.

Overall good value for money. Will recommend!

• Stayed: May 2014
JohnKarwl-Jackes, General Manager at Copthorne Hotel Aberdeen, responded to this reviewResponded June 8, 2014

Dear Guest
Many thanks for choosing to stay with us and great to hear your will recommend the hotel. The Copthorne Hotel Aberdeen City Centre as you said is ideally situated within the west end of town making it an ideal choice whatever brings you to the beautiful Granite City.
Over the past 12 months we have made many improvements and upgrades to our bedroom stock including wonderful Hypnos beds to help make your stay with us a comfortable one, for more information on the hotel and to keep up to date with our improvements please like & follow us on facebook.
Kind Regards