“Fantastic Hogmanay Gala Ball”

Copthorne Hotel Aberdeen
Ranked #44 of 65 Hotels in Aberdeen
Reviewed January 8, 2014

Brilliant way to bring in the New Year. Champagne reception served with piping hot chicken satay sticks and spring rolls. Lovely 4 course meal (although a little too much for me), great entertainment (mixture of ceilidh/disco), perfect way for me and my family to get together, have fun and celebrate Hogmanay in style. Very friendly staff.

• Stayed: December 2013
1  Thank 94Gill

Reviewed January 8, 2014

I stayed one night on business, the public areas are excellent and the food was very good. The restaurant staff were amongst the best I have come across especially waitress called Emma, friendly greeting, attentive without being intrusive. However, whilst my room was comfortable it was tired, scuff marks on the skirting boards and the walls, veneer chipped of the furniture. Would benefit from re-decoration but okay for one night on business..

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed January 6, 2014

I just wanted to say a huge thank you and ask if you would pass on my thanks for the quality of service and food that we received on the 22nd.

The food was excellent as you promised it would be and the service from the staff was second to none. Credit where credit is due so thank you very much.

I do hope you will have us again next year.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed January 5, 2014

Stayed in this hotel as my daughter had her wedding reception here staff were nice and friendly food was good ,my grandson was in a wheelchair and we had a problem with the lift ,it was broken that took him down to the room where the wedding reception was held it was rather awkward as him and the chair had to be lifted up and down the stairs the staff were very sorry and came to my sons room with a big bottle of champagne to say sorry for any inconvenience caused" nice thought " over all enjoyed the rooms as they were adjoining rooms for our family, breakfast was excellent .

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed January 2, 2014

My wife and I booked into the Copthorne Hotel Aberdeen for the 2012 Hogmanay Gala Ball. From the first to the last staff member we were treated so well. The room spacious and immaculate. The Ball was well organised and the carvery was excellent. Very quiet room despite Hogmanay and the full cooked breakfast was superb! Great stay and great value too!
10 out of 10 to all concerned........we will return

Room Tip: Three minutes walk from the heart of Aberdeen City.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 31, 2013

Did not stay at the hotel but had christmas day lunch which was excellent especially the buffet style starter which was amazing because it allowed you to have little bits of everything which was different from your usual starter.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 28, 2013

I was a guest at the Copthorne for one night! It was actually a layover and I was along with my sister. We booked the room based on the web photos and the Millennium group reputation. We only managed to check-in at 9.30p.m (our flight was delayed) and It was smooth and the receptionist was quite nice (given that we had forgotten to book a room with two separate double beds, she gladly allocated us to one). Once we got to our room we were slightly disappointed (I was, my sister went bonkers) because the rooms were a bit dark and outdated (It was like travelling to the 80's: some of of the furniture and some parts of the bathroom were definitely hard to look at ), however, room service was prompted and at 10p.m you don't have that many options (kitchen closes and only a selected number of sandwiches or light meals are available), but then again staff was nice (we also ordered room service for breakfast the next day which was also really good; Food is definitely the highlight of the hotel).
We managed to check-out at 11a.m and again the process was smooth and the receptionist kindly offered us fruit (oranges, apples) .. well to my sister at least and when she politley refused she joked about the importance of vitamin C (she was nice in a non obnoxious way).
Overall thoughts? There are plenty other hotels with the same service in Aberdeen and that are good value for money, the Copthorne sure isn't due to its outdated style (one thing is being conservative and being classical but the decor is straight "old"), although the hotel has good service, staff and the food is good.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family