“Amazing changes”

Ranked #39 of 64 Hotels in Aberdeen
Glasgow
“Amazing changes”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2013

I've been staying in Aberdeen for the last 17years on a fortnightly basis. I've stayed in all of the 4/5 star hotels. I'm really impressed by the recent changes to this hotel. Great location, very pleasant staff, warm welcome. The breakfast menu is vast and all cooked to order. The new menu in the evening has great choice and the specials are just that.. Tonight I had the tastiest Aberdeen Angus burger I've ever tasted from the specials menu..

Room Tip: The Connoisseur rooms are lovely, big comfy beds. Plenty toiletries in the bathroom and Dressing go...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
John K, General Manager at Copthorne Hotel Aberdeen, responded to this review, April 30, 2013
Dear Guest
Thank you so much for noticing the changes we have made. The team here in Aberdeen work hard for you the guest to ensure we deliver an experience that meets with your need, from housekeeping to the food and beverage teams our focus is you. Planning ahead it very exciting as we look at our product to see how we can make changes there to show you the customer we do listen to your wishes and wants.
I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future,
John

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (131)
  • Czech first
Aberdeenshire
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2013 via mobile

How this hotel is a four star I will never know! It is dated and extremely over priced for what's on offer. The service was poor and the rooms were dirty, hence why we decided not to eat there. Advice, go to a travel lodge or even a park bench. It would be cheaper, healthier and more comfortable!

• Stayed April 2013
1 Thank Harold-Von-Icebats

Travelers are raving about these Aberdeen hotels

Fraserburgh, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

The staff here were very friendly and accommodating and the hotel itself was very clean.

However the decor was very dated. This hotel badly needs a face lift as it is beginning to show its age.

The price does not reflect this (even by Aberdeen standards). If I'd looked a little harder I could have got a newer hotel with breakfast for a lot less but it was a last minute booking.

In short I had a nice stay but could have done better elsewhere.

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2013

Sad that one relies mostly on stars given to a property.
My partner and i found this hotel after some research and based on a 4 Star qualification we went ahead and took it!
The Tv was from the previous century, the room looked old and the internet went as fast as good old dial up in 1999.
Breakfast was good and the personnel was courteous and professional.
I did not mind the hotel... What i minded was feeling cheated with the rank given. It felt as disappointing as frozen beef lasagna which ended up being horse meat...

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Conor S, Guest Relations Manager at Copthorne Hotel Aberdeen, responded to this review, April 8, 2013
Dear Prssvicky

Thank you for you review, I have had a look at your review and it appears that it is also posted to the Copthorne Hotel Aberdeen as well as ourselves. Here at the Caledonian all of our rooms are fitted with 32 inch or bigger LCD TV’s and we have high speed wifi throughout the hotel, My personal email address is conor.summersgill@thistle.co.uk please feel free to email myself if you would like to stay with ourselves here at the Caledonian Thistle Aberdeen

Conor Summersgill
Guest Relations Manager
moray
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 6, 2013

We chose this hotel because it was an easy walk to the music hall. It used to be a favourite of ours but it was a while since we had visited. We did manage to get a space in the tiny car park which was mostly filled with 4x4 vehicles, which probably doesn't help when space is at a premium! The hotel clearly has seen better days. Some of the furnishings, particularly in the room were a bit shabby. The public areas are quite pleasant. We were ready for a nightcap as we returned from our concert just before 11 but the bar was closed. Breakfast was nice though. The staff we met seemed nice. Unfortunately the hotel now has a lot of competition in the city centre. I feel that unless a refurbishment is undertaken it will be left behind by the slicker operations of its competitors. That would be a real shame!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
John K, General Manager at Copthorne Hotel Aberdeen, responded to this review, April 8, 2013
Dear Guest
The team and I would like to thank you for your kind words and I am pleased the hotel is a favourite of yours, we are ideally situated to the music hall making us a popular choice, an ongoing refurbishment programme is in place we have started on some of the bedrooms and are hoping to continue into the public areas after that.
Do come back and see us again next time you are in Aberdeen,
Fraserburgh, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2013

Charming
I have recently been staying at the Copthorne Aberdeen where I have to be honest the hotel is charming with really pleasant staff O and the food was great. I had read some of the previous reviews and was sceptical yet I think some comments are a bit unjust. This is not a new hotel with all the mod cons but a charming older property we stayed for two nights, the location was spot on right in the centre we walked to the shops and we visited HM theatre. As we needed to be at the theatre early the general manager got us an early dinner. Well done and thank you Copthorne Aberdeen

Room Tip: Club Room Was Great
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
John K, General Manager at Copthorne Hotel Aberdeen, responded to this review, April 11, 2013
Dear Guest
Thank you for responding to trip advisor after your recent stay, I will pass on your comments to the team they will be pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. His Majesty’s theatre makes us the ideal choice for when visiting the theatre I hope you enjoyed the performance you chose to see.
Myself and the team look forward to welcoming you back.
Auckland
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2013

I've been staying here the last 9 days and will be leaving next week. The hotel staff are very friendly and helpfull but both reception and the bar are sometimes understaffed which is an issue the management need to address. The hotel Chef turns out some excellent meals in the evening and the full Scottish Breakfast is also very good. The room that I am working from is supposed to be a club room but is a real dissapointment. The work desk is very small and jammed in between the bed and a wall. The televison is an old style TV that needs to be changed out for a flat screen, right now it takes up a third of a very small desk. The biggest problem with this hotel is the noise, all the floors creak and the walls are paper thin I get to listen to conversations and snoring in the adjacent rooms. I get to stay in a lot of hotels and this room is the noisiest I have come accross.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest
I would like to thank you for taking the time to feedback to trip advisor. All guest comments are used in a positive way as this helps us to ensure we keep improving the guest experience.
The Copthorne is an older style property compared to some of the new developments within the city however this makes for the charm of the hotel, the building itself is steeped in character and history, we are working our way through the hotel making improvements as we go, I do hope you make me aware of your next visit so that I can show you the changes we have made.