“made me feel at home”

Ranked #40 of 65 Hotels in Aberdeen
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“made me feel at home”
Reviewed March 9, 2013

been staying at this hotel on and off for past couple of months on business and cant really say a bad word about it.

staff are freindly and very welcoming always remembering who you are and making you feel like you are coming home,especially reception staff, which is great for a female on her own.

corridors and some bedroom carpets are a bit worn but always clean and smelling fresh when you arrive, TV and some furniture bit dated and could do with an upgrade especially the telly..

food is great too wheather in the bar or restarant, althought it does get a bit cold in the bar at times, they need to turn the heating up a bit when it gets cold, at breakfast often the wee lady chef come's into the restaurant and goes around the tables asking if everything is ok, just what your mum would do. First class.

service is good and always friendly, when you do have a problem always sorted quickly.

great location too only couple minutes from city centre.

i'll certainly be back when ever i am in the city.

well done copthorne.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (132)
  • Czech first
scotland
Reviewed March 3, 2013

I have never stayed overnight, but I can highly rate Copthorne Aberdeen firstly for their food. I eat here regularly at business meetings and I am never disappointed. Dishes are well thought out, presented and taste amazing! I have also been to a variety of functions including business lunches, a christmas party and a food and wine night... all of which I highly recommend. Location is perfect for the centre of town too.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Ochiltree, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 3, 2013

Stayed here while on business in the city. Located on a side street with access across from a high rise car park and flats. Aberdeen can be cold in January, but the heating in the bedroom was turned up high, making it unpleasant. Nothing makes this hotel stand out.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed February 26, 2013

My first stay in Aberdeen was marked primarily by my shock at the price of hotels here. One of the few places that makes London hotels look cheap... But the Copthorne met my threshold price and looked ok, despite the mediocre reviews. And it is ok - the people are nice, the decor is dated but homey, room was reasonably equipped and had a nice overlook of a local church, and the hotel is close to town. One real negative for a business traveller is the terrible wireless internet service. I almost walked to Starbucks in the middle of the night after spending far too long trying to get a consistent connection that didn't kick me out every 2 minutes. It was very frustrating and the well-intentioned staff were unable to correct it. It's been the only hotel this year at which I've had an issue (and I'm writing this review from India).

Would I stay here again? Not likely unless I was convinced that this problem was solved. Unfortunately, in my business I can't put up with a lack of internet service.

1 Thank pk_yvr
Fife, Scotland
Reviewed February 24, 2013

We booked this last minute and it was cheap. It is located within walking distance of Union Street, so very central. We were there for only one night and never really used the hotel facilities at all. The room was fine but a little shabby in parts, things like the tv had seen better days. They charge £10-£12 for wi-fi which is free in many places these days and £14 for a breakfast, we didn't choose either of these services.
We probably would use this again assuming we got it at a similar budget price, definitely wouldn't pay the advertised prices.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
london
Reviewed February 20, 2013

Hotel in good position 5 mins. from Union St., inoffensive decor, much bigger than average room, but broken tiles and lights that don't work, shower ran cold after a minute, and wi-fi cost far too much; instead of being free as you'd expect they wanted £12 per session, ridiculous. The mini bar was empty, though I expect it would have been expensive anyway, as breakfast would have been. If some money was spent on basic upkeep, and if they didn't overcharge for things that shouldn't even be extras, this might be o.k.,but mostly for business travellers.

Room Tip: try to be away from the lift, and as high as possible for least noise.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Daniel L, General Manager at Copthorne Hotel Aberdeen, responded to this review, February 22, 2013
Dear Mikedeath,

Thank you for taking the time to give us your constructive comments following your recent stay here at Copthorne Aberdeen.

Firstly can I once again offer our sincere apologies we did not meet your expectations on this occasion.

Indeed I we are embarrassed our lack of customer care and standards that you experienced which spoilt what should have been an enjoyable visit.

Rest assured we have reviewed your comments in great detail, and have started to implement the corrective action and re-training to ensure this does not occur in the future.

Our Broadband is competitively priced within the city; however our wifi is considerably cheaper.

Once again, please accept our apologies and, we look forward to welcoming you back to the Copthorne Aberdeen Hotel in the future.

Yours sincerely

Hotel Management.
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 18, 2013

The room looked beautiful, the food was delicious and the staff were excellent and could not have been more helpful, both in the build up to the event and on the day. Several attendees at the event commented on the quality of food and service.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Daniel L, General Manager at Copthorne Hotel Aberdeen, responded to this review, February 21, 2013
Hi Kim S,

Thank you for taking the time to give us your constructive comments following your recent event here at Copthorne Aberdeen.

Firstly can I on behalf of everyone at the hotel say how delighted that we did meet your expectations on this occasion.

Once again, please accept our gratitude and, we look forward to welcoming you back to the Copthorne Aberdeen Hotel in the future.

Yours sincerely