“Value for money”

Ranked #39 of 65 Hotels in Aberdeen
Berwick
“Value for money”
Reviewed January 24, 2013

Hotel has a basement Car Park, a huge bonus *. Reception staff helpful and friendly with a smile on arrival.
Room was warm and spacious, had everything you require. Fridge in your room. Not noisy!
Beds are very comfortable. No road noise for being in the middle of Aberdeen. Had a drink in the bar that evening and again attentive very friendly service and non intrusive.
Breakfasts are well presented and had plenty of selection fruit juices, fruit, cooked breakfast and cereals etc. Service was again very attentive and with a smile!!. Asked for freshly cooked poached eggs and was served them a few moments later. All in all no complaints. People should stop trying to find complaints, the Copthorne Hotel in my opinion is good value for the money. Does an excellent service in this economic climate. Well done everyone keep it up ****

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with clever-hotels.com

Daniel L, General Manager at Copthorne Hotel Aberdeen, responded to this review, January 27, 2013
Dear GranaryGuestHouse,

Thank you for taking the time to give us your constructive comments following your recent stay here at Copthorne Aberdeen.

Firstly can I on behalf of everyone at the hotel say how delighted that we did meet your expectations on this occasion.

Once again, please accept our gratitude and, we look forward to welcoming you back to the Copthorne Aberdeen Hotel in the future.

Hotel Management.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (132)
  • Czech first
Pelynt, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 23, 2013 via mobile

Convenient for the city centre this hotel needs a bit of a face-lift, rooms are large and well-appointed but in need of some tlc. Breakfast was... ...edible?! Staff were very friendly. I would stay here again but I am sure there is better.

• Stayed January 2013
Daniel L, General Manager at Copthorne Hotel Aberdeen, responded to this review, January 24, 2013
Hi Guy B,

Rotherham, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 17, 2013

I remember when I was younger that this hotel was one of the best in Aberdeen but unfortunately now very dated. The rooms are needing a right good update and I haven't seen a tv like that since the eighties. Ok for one night stay but until this hotel is giving a good lick of paint this 4star hotel is living on past reputation.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Daniel L, General Manager at Copthorne Hotel Aberdeen, responded to this review, January 21, 2013
Hi David M,

Thank you for taking the time to give us your constructive comments following your recent stay here at Copthorne Aberdeen and your memories of staying with us before! We always love to welcome back returning guests.

Firstly can I offer our sincere apologies we did not meet your expectations on this occasion.

Indeed we are embarrassed our lack of standards that you experienced which spoilt what should have been an enjoyable visit.

Rest assured we have reviewed your comments in great detail and have started to implement the corrective action to ensure this does not occur in the future.

Once again, please accept our apologies and, we look forward to welcoming you back to the Copthorne Aberdeen Hotel in the future.

japan
Reviewed January 16, 2013

This hotel is in need of a update & refurbishment, it's dated, dirty and one to aviod in aberdeen city centre. The food is the worst I've experienced in my 30 years of visiting Aberdeen. On the plus side I found the staff very welcoming & helpfull. There are many new hotels in aberdeen city centre so this needs to up it's game to compete.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Daniel L, General Manager at Copthorne Hotel Aberdeen, responded to this review, January 30, 2013
Dear Japan 2007,

Firstly can I once again offer our sincere apologies we did not meet your expectations on this occasion.

Indeed I we are embarrassed our lack of customer care and standards that you experienced which spoilt what should have been an enjoyable visit.

Rest assured we have reviewed your comments in great detail and have started to implement the corrective action and re-training to ensure this does not occur in the future.

Once again, please accept our apologies and, we hope to welcome you back to the Copthorne Aberdeen Hotel in the future.

Hotel Management

Travelers are raving about these Aberdeen hotels

Kendal, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 14, 2013

Stayed here for Three Nights The Reception Area was Quite nice but a bittaken aback when i got to the Room its very dated and tired thet still have the old style TV sets in that sit on the Floor,went to look at the Bathroom and looked down at the Floor and there was a used Cotton Bud which had not been Cleaned up !! The Hotel does have Wifi in the rooms which was ok I Dined in the Restuarnt and was the only one in but very overpriced the Cheapest was £12.95 for Burger and Chips the only good thing is the location of this Hotel.

Hi bogmalobobby,

Thank you for taking the time to give us your constructive comments following your recent stay here at Copthorne Aberdeen, whilst on business.

Indeed we are embarrassed our lack of customer care and standards that you experienced which spoilt what should have been an enjoyable visit.

Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 13, 2013

I stayed in this hotel for a few nights recently and my overall opinion is that it is adequate but very dated. My initial impression came from the difficulty I had in finding a parking space. The tiny car park under the hotel was full and so I had to park on a local street. The issue with this being that I could only park between 2000 and 0800 free of charge - out with these times it cost £1 for 20 minutes. This meant I had to be up an away each morning before 0800. The rooms are nice and clean however worn carpets and a toilet which would not flush most of the time let the room down. The hallway outside was very noisy with every footstep being heard in the room. Towards the weekend I was surprised to find what sounded like a lot of young people shouting and banging doors in the early hours of the morning - presumably after being out at night. This was not something I expected to experience in a hotel of such status. The checkout process was also a let down with the receptionist not enquiring how my stay was or even thanking me for staying there, I was simply given my receipt and that was it. Needless to say I was quite disappointed!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Hi AJ,

Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 11, 2013

Spent two nights here over New Year. Really disappointed at standard of room. It was clean but very tired and dated looking. Desperately in need of up-dating to keep up with other Aberdeen Hotels. Car-park is a joke as it is so tight and nearly impossible to park without being guided past the huge pillars. We do not all drive tiny cars. My main frustration though was room cleaners who in their haste decided to open my room and start cleaning whilst I was at breakfast. Fair enough they have to start somewhere but I had left my handbag on my bed wide open and all my personal items scattered around and returned from breakfast to find my door wide open and the cleaner in the bathroom!! Surely when the cleaner in question saw my bag and personal items on the bed she could have worked out I was still in the hotel and not ready to have my room serviced, especially as it was only 10a.m.!
Sorry won't be returning and will not be recommending you to my friends and family.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple