“Small hotel, clean , friendly and decent room.”

Copthorne Hotel Aberdeen
Ranked #43 of 65 Hotels in Aberdeen
Reviewed November 5, 2012 via mobile

Stayed one night on business trip. Upgraded room to club room, comfortable but average size. Hotel car park very small, and had several attempts to get my car parked in such a small underground space, definite draw back. Ate in bar area as restaurant was closed due to a 'accident' I was told. Served by waitress who called me 'love' and 'dearie' which for a four star hotel was a bit too familiar.
Food was OK, soup was tasty and plentiful, but steak and ale pie had a very hard crust and little meat, but gravy was tasty. I did complain to the waitress when she removed my plate but no explanation from kitchen came back. Breakfast was however very good and was served in the restaurant. Plenty of choice and attentive staff in the morning.
On arriving at the hotel I was greeted with a big happy smile by the receptionist and after a long day was most welcome, on checking out no such smiles or much communication. Consistency of service and staff obviously lacking here. As a regular user of Millenium hotels this visit , I would say was slightly disappointing for the points raised above, but I would recommend the hotel overall as a place to stay on business and would stay again, but give the steak pie a miss.

• Stayed: October 2012
Daniel L, Manager at Copthorne Hotel Aberdeen, responded to this reviewResponded November 13, 2012

Dear Scotsman127

Thank you for taking the time to give us your constructive comments following your recent stay here at Copthorne Aberdeen.

Firstly can I on behalf of everyone at the hotel say how delighted that we did meet your expectations on this occasion. Your feedback regarding the evening meal has also been reported.

Once again, please accept our gratitude and, we look forward to welcoming you back to the Copthorne Aberdeen Hotel in the future.

Hotel Management

Reviewed November 5, 2012

I recently phoned up this hotel to enquire about whether they are offering a Christmas Day lunch for non-residents this year.
Firstly, I was immediately transferred by the person I initially spoke to - was not advised who I was being transferred to but was put on hold.
The number I was transferred to was just an answermachine so I opted to be re-directed to an operator.
The lady I then spoke to suggested that Christmas Day was 21st December (?!?). When I advised her it was the 25th I was told they are closed on that day.
Poor poor service for a very simple query.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family

Dear Lynnie

Many thanks for your feedback. We take all feedback very seriously and we will ensure to make sure that this does not happen again.

Our staff strive at providing the best customer service to all of our customers whether face to face or over the telephone.

In this instance there has been a misunderstanding in communication and we apologise for any inconvienance caused.

Kindest Regards

Reviewed November 1, 2012

The Copthorne might have been a 4 star hotel back in the day, it's not anymore.
The hotel is showing wear and tear, it's dated and needs updating. They were changing carpets when we were there though. The bathrooms need to be renovated and rooms need a coat of paint and it would be much better.

We stayed for 3 nights.

The service(helpful and friendly), beds and breakfast buffet were good. The location is great and it's good value for money I guess.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business

Dear Palvs

Hotel Management

Reviewed October 26, 2012

Was put up in the copthorne by my work, for me this was a good thing because i know a few years ago the aberdeen copthorne was one of the top hotels in aberdeen. Sadly the hotel is showing its age, the public and reception areas are very nice and have benifited from recent renovation but the room i had was very tired even the carpet in the hallway was looking very tired.

breakfast was good but overall i was dissapointed.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business

Dear Ebz2252,

Firstly can I once again offer our sincere apologies we did not meet your expectations on this occasion.

Rest assured we have reviewed your comments in great detail.

Once again, please accept our apologies and, we look forward to welcoming you back to the Copthorne Aberdeen Hotel in the future.

Reviewed October 21, 2012

Right in the city Center, great for all clubs. Pauline the breakfast chef was so helpful in getting us coffee and a bite to eat before we checked out early.
Rooms were pretty good with a new bed and new carpet but the shower height was a bit low though. Overall i was delighted with everything at the hotel! Thanks guys!

• Stayed: October 2012

Dear Kat511

Reviewed October 15, 2012

stayed in this hotel for 2 nights,asked for a quiet room away from lift wich we got,we stayed in room 332,i found the room a good size but very tired although they had went to the bother of putting a new carpet down,the paper was marked where the electric heater was,also the roof looked grey as it hadnt been painted for years,very dissapointing as the hotel is in a good location,staff are all very friendly and helpful,breakfast also good,parking limited but they dont charge,get a coat of paint on this room,lighter curtains,job done

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Hazzyblu,

Reviewed October 14, 2012

Located in the center of Aberdeen. Ace place to stay. Limited parking but for city centre is ok. Nice bed. Excellent breakfast. Dave from Accounts helped me out as to where I could play Golf and gave some advice on some great Restaurants in Aberdeen. Overall, very good!

Room Tip: Ask for a room that has been refurbished.