Copthorne Hotel Aberdeen
Ranked #44 of 65 Hotels in Aberdeen
Reviewed July 27, 2012

The rooms are a bit dated and could do with a revamp with a bit of up to date technology but everything else was spot on, food was great, service was fab, all the staff are very friendly and the location is perfect for aberdeen town centre. Highly recommended :))

• Stayed: May 2012
Daniel L, General Manager at Copthorne Hotel Aberdeen, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2012

Dear D4nnimc,

Thank you for taking your time for posting your review on Trip Advisor. I am most grateful for your feedback.

Thank you for your comments in regard to your stay in July 2012. As General Manager of the Copthorne Hotel Aberdeen, feedback is important and valuable to us.

In the next 12 months we will be modernising some of the rooms to improve our standard of bedrooms.

I hope I have the pleasure to welcome you back to the Copthorne Aberdeen in the near future.

Reviewed July 17, 2012

Having attended many functions/events in and around Aberdeen, I felt it necessary to compliment the Copthorne Hotel on their wine appreciation evening I attended recently. This was a fantastic night with a great selection of fine wines accompanied by an exquisite 5 course meal! Slick service, friendly staff, excellent food and wine made this an evening I would highly recommend!

Dear Tracey,

Thank you for your kind comments in regard to the Wine Appreciation evening you attended recently. As General Manager of the Copthorne Hotel Aberdeen, feedback is important and valuable to us.

I am extremely pleased that you enjoyed the evening and am delighted to read your comments regarding the staff and service. I will pass this on to my team.

I look forward to seeing you at a similar event in the near future.

Reviewed July 16, 2012

Accomodation in the middle of Aberdeen is always at a premium, it is Europe's oil capital after all.
The Copthorne has a very nice reception, bar and restaurant and the breakfast is fine; however the rooms are very dated. The light is poor and the bed was starting to sag. For the money it is fine, just don't expect **** quality.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business

Dear Ian HR,

I am glad to hear that you found the hotel clean and well maintained.

We have nearly replaced all the beds this year as part of our refurbishment programme, and have spent a lot of money in investing in the people and new jobs at the hotel, which seems to be paying off.

In the next 12 months we will be modernising some of the rooms and addressing some of your other comments.

Our top priority is to provide a high standard of service and facilities to all our guests.

I would like to thank you for your constructive comments. I sincerely hope that we may have the opportunity of welcoming you back to the Copthorne Hotel, Aberdeen in the not too distant future.

Reviewed July 13, 2012

I recently went to the Copthorne Hotel with my company for a meeting/Conference. It is a very lovely hotel with lovely decoration and great service. Everyone enjoyed themselves and it was all in all a successful meeting because of things being prepared so well by the copthorne.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business

Dear Paula W,

Thank you for your comments in regard to the meeting you attended in July 2012. As General Manager of the Copthorne Hotel Aberdeen, feedback is important and valuable to us.

I am delighted to read your thoughts on our facilities and service. I have passed on your comments to my team here.

Reviewed July 9, 2012

A good welcome to the hotel, reception is pleasant and the staff were quick to help. A perfect location for those needing to be close to Union Street.

The room appears a little dated, but was very clean. The bed was comfortable, quiet and I got a good night's sleep. The bathroom was clean to a very good standard and the shower/bath was powerful and the temperature adjustable to that which I desired with ease. Had a little trouble getting enough light in the main room for my satisfaction.

There are a lot of steps in the hotel, which might be a little off-putting for those with a disability or that have difficulty with steps/stairs.

Breakfast wasn't great. An ample choice of cold options, but the hot buffet choices were not great in appearance or taste - acceptable if you're very hungry, but not brilliant. I was asked if I wanted tea or coffee with breakfast - the coffee never came.

The hotel 'booklet' was a little sparse and wasn't clear. I wanted to get wi-fi on my laptop, but didn't have enough information to do so.

The conference facilities provided a huge room and drinks/snacks provided were very good (bacon rolls were excellent!). There was no high tech gadgets, but a great room for the purpose I was there.

Buffet lunch was excellent. A good selection and very tasty.

I would stay there again if I needed to be in the city. Overall, I had a comfortable stay and would recommend it over many others in the city, in that price range.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business

Thank you for your comments in regard to your stay in June 2012. As General Manager of the Copthorne Hotel Aberdeen, feedback is important and valuable to us.

I am glad to hear that you found the hotel clean and well maintained.

Also thank you for the great comments about the staff. I am glad to see you valued them as much as we do.

I want to send you my personal apologies for the problems you encountered at breakfast; I will investigate how this has happened, preventing any reoccurence.

Reviewed July 9, 2012

Stayed 3 nights in superior room which was well equiped & comfortable.
Very close to Union Street with plenty of restaurants nearby & about 10 minutes walk to train & bus stations.
The hotel has a basement car park but most of the spaces are very narrow.
Enjoyed our stay.

Room Tip: Our room faced the front & was quiet.

Dear Artnanmax,

I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and we hope to see you stay at the hotel in the not too distant future.

Reviewed July 1, 2012

We recently stayed here to avoid paying a massive taxi fare home (we're out in the stix) after attending a friends event in the city centre. The Copthorne is spot on for location, very central and well located for attending anything in town. They have a free basement car park for customers which is very small and a bit tight but handy if you can pull off the maneuovres to get in and out. The staff are welcoming and helpful and the lobby decor to greet you is nicely done.

The double room we had however, was very basic and a tad dated. It didn't help that on arrival, the first thing I spotted was another occupant, a rather large spider which my husband had to promptly release into the wild! Firstly, get rid of the shower curtains and invest in screens, nobody likes a clingy curtain. Also, not everyone is under 5ft 3" like me, you may want to raise the height of your showers when you replace the dated ones you currently have, my other half was practically bent double trying to wash his hair. Despite the dated decor, the room was comfortable enough for a night's stay at £59 but I certainly would have been dissapointed had we paid any more than that.

Time the Copthorne was given a bit of an upgrade as it could be a very popular central hotel.

Dear htp1,

We are currently modernising some of the rooms and addressing some of your other comments at present.