This Hotel is in a great location if you are attending an event at the AECC but that is the only positive thing I can think of. I stayed there while it was very hot weather, the room has no air conditioning and the window only opens ajar. It was important I felt refreshed in the morning as I was working at busy Conference, however I struggled to sleep for the heat, also with the window open I could hear a rather loud buzzing noise all the time, possibly a generator. I was then rudely awakened at 4.17am with my neighbours TV at full volume, which I now understand is the 'alarm call'. I was just about dropping off again when the early morning traffic started....in all honestly I would've been better off staying in a nicer, quieter Hotel in the City Centre and getting a taxi as I felt very tired. I have to say the food in the Restaurant was very average, £17 for fish and chips ??? There were a few complaints that evening in the Restaurant regarding the food, surprising considering the very high prices. Also shocked at the price of drinks at the bar, just under a tenner for 2 x Gin & Tonics, I am just glad it was only 2 nights as I could not have afforded to stay longer. Very overpriced, I would've just about forgiven the problems with the room if the Restaurant and bar had been the same as the room .....'cheap and cheerful' ! Never again, staff were very unhelpful and quite honestly in my opinion all of the Restaurant staff need re-training if they are going to charge that high then at least provide the service and quality !
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy direct access to Aberdeen Exhibition and Conference Centre from the Holiday Inn Aberdeen-Exhibition Centre hotel, conveniently just off the A90 motorway. Friendly staff greet you as you enter Holiday Inn Aberdeen-Exhibition Centre's spacious, light-filled Lobby. Stroll straight through to your event at Aberdeen Exhibition and Conference Centre, or finish off work on the uncluttered desk in your modern Guest room. We've plenty of complimentary parking at our handy location, tucked away from Aberdeen's bustling centre but only a speedy 15-minute journey by bus. Aberdeen Airport is 5 miles away. Holiday Inn Aberdeen-Exhibition Centre is well-placed in the Bridge of Don's oil business hub, and is a short drive from General Electric, Weatherford and RBG Rig Blast. Wood Group Engineering and Sparrows Offshore are also nearby. You can link to wireless Internet throughout the hotel. Wander by rolling greenery at lush Royal Aberdeen Golf Club , 500 metres from the hotel. For family outings, head for beachside thrills at nearby Codonas Amusement Park and make a trip to legendary Loch Ness, 3 hours away. Chic Maximilian's Restaurant serves locally caught fish and chargrilled fillet steak. You can sample whiskey and grab favourites from burgers to pizzas in our stylish Maxi's Bar. Order late-night snacks from Holiday Inn Aberdeen-Exhibition Centre's 24-hour Room Service menu. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, IHG, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Aberdeen - Exhibition Centre reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Aberdeen - Exhibition Centre Hotel Aberdeen
- Holiday Inn Exhibition Centre
- Aberdeen Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Aberdeen - Exhibition Centre Scotland