I stayed at the Holiday Inn as i was working in Aberdeen. I did request something more central but the location of this hotel is anything but central. It is rather a long walk into the city centre. Not for the faint hearted.
The hotel itself i can only describe as a Holiday Inn, nothing special. It was clean and tidy and the staff were very pleasant. The room was similar to what you would expect in a Premmier Inn but certainly nothing better.
Due to its remote location i ate in the bar during the evening. It was nearly £19 for a Guiness with burger and chips.
Breakfast was good, a buffet style hot plate.
In summary the standard of this hotel i would view as reasonble but the prices are shocking, £149 bed and breakfast. I have stayed in 5 star hotels in city centres for less. A very very expensive hotel taking into consideration it is very average.
If you have to stay here take out a loan for a good night in the bar and for some decent food. Otherwise make sure you take biscuits tea and coffee for your room. My complimentary tea and coffee lasted a couple of hours. NO BISCUITS. For £149 every room should have a bottle of wine and some decent biscuits (even cream cakes).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy direct access to Aberdeen Exhibition and Conference Centre from the Holiday Inn Aberdeen-Exhibition Centre hotel, conveniently just off the A90 motorway. Friendly staff greet you as you enter Holiday Inn Aberdeen-Exhibition Centre's spacious, light-filled Lobby. Stroll straight through to your event at Aberdeen Exhibition and Conference Centre, or finish off work on the uncluttered desk in your modern Guest room. We've plenty of complimentary parking at our handy location, tucked away from Aberdeen's bustling centre but only a speedy 15-minute journey by bus. Aberdeen Airport is 5 miles away. Holiday Inn Aberdeen-Exhibition Centre is well-placed in the Bridge of Don's oil business hub, and is a short drive from General Electric, Weatherford and RBG Rig Blast. Wood Group Engineering and Sparrows Offshore are also nearby. You can link to wireless Internet throughout the hotel. Wander by rolling greenery at lush Royal Aberdeen Golf Club , 500 metres from the hotel. For family outings, head for beachside thrills at nearby Codonas Amusement Park and make a trip to legendary Loch Ness, 3 hours away. Chic Maximilian's Restaurant serves locally caught fish and chargrilled fillet steak. You can sample whiskey and grab favourites from burgers to pizzas in our stylish Maxi's Bar. Order late-night snacks from Holiday Inn Aberdeen-Exhibition Centre's 24-hour Room Service menu. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, IHG, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Holiday Inn Aberdeen - Exhibition Centre reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Aberdeen - Exhibition Centre Hotel Aberdeen
- Holiday Inn Exhibition Centre
- Aberdeen Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Aberdeen - Exhibition Centre Scotland