Holiday Inn Aberdeen - Exhibition Centre
Ranked #45 of 63 Hotels in Aberdeen
uk
“Alright”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2012

Stayed here for one night for work. All the hotel in Aberdeen seemed expensive when I looked.

Don't be put off by the appearance of the hotel from the outside. Hotel public areas look new and modern. Rooms clean but furniture looked dated

Room Tip: I had a room on the front of the hotel near the roundabout. Lots of traffic noise. They seem to have...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
K_Parchimowicz, Manager at Holiday Inn Aberdeen - Exhibition Centre, responded to this review, October 12, 2012
Dear Guest,

I appreciate your recent review our our property on Tripadvisor.

I get the impression that overall you have enjoyed your stay and I do hope that you will choose to return and stay with us again. I am happy to notice that you appreciated our recently refurbished lobby - I can also confirm that we are in the process of replacing all out mattresses. Also new locks are being installed to improve the quality of our bedrooms.

Once again thank you for your comment and time.

Reservations Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
Inverness
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2012

Staff were very polite and helpful at all times. Excellent breakfast and ate in bar both nights which was very good on both occassions. One negative point, extortionate bar prices, hence why the bar was empty on both nights, but nice and relaxing for us. Rooms were very comfortable and location was great. Ryan the Receptionist was very helpful and polite, all in all I think you deserve 5 stars and we will hopefully come back to stay next time in Aberdeen.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank sammacInverness
K_Parchimowicz, Manager at Holiday Inn Aberdeen - Exhibition Centre, responded to this review, September 28, 2012
Dear guest,

I am delighted to learn that you did enjoy your stay with us and i would like to thank you for your time and effort to share your views with other users of Tripadvisor.

It is always fantastic to receive such a great feedback - I have already passed your comment to all my collegues and I can assure you that they will all be proud, especially Ryan.

Once again thank you for your feedback - I truly hope that we will have an opportunity to welcome you all back very soon.

Houston, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2012

Have you ever woken up to wonder where you are at? Here's another hotel to offer you the "been here done that" experience. Unfortuante for the staff was fantastic, the pub was nice and the food was fine. But once retired to the room there was nothing to remind you where you were.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Dear guest,

I would like to take this opportunity and thank you for your recent review.

I am happy to read that you have enjoyed our bar and the restaurant . As a chain hotel we offer standarized services which could sometimes appeal to some guests as "characterless" however we do everything we possibly can to provide the best possible services and I am happy to note that you have in fact appreciated our staff efforts to make your stay comfortable. I am also happy to confirm that we have recently updated our lobby and the bar to make it even more hospitable.

I do hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back at the Holiday Inn Aberdeen Exhibition Centre.

atlanta
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2012

The building is old and the decor is minimal. No air conditioning. Bar is adequate, restaurant fair.
Staff is extremely friendly and helpful. Pure and simple a no frills place to lay your head. If you have to be outside of Aberdeen near the Exhibition Center this will work, if not stay in the city and enjoy the old city charm.

Room Tip: Stay in Aberdeen unless you have reason to be outside the city.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
K_Parchimowicz, Manager at Holiday Inn Aberdeen - Exhibition Centre, responded to this review, September 11, 2012
Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for feedback related to your recent stay at our hotel.

I am happy to hear that you have appreciated services provided by our staff and overall rated your stay as good. I must admit that on occasions during the summer season heat can potentially be a problem and we are hoping to get that issue solved. In the meantime we offer portable fans to our guests - they can be obtained from reception or provided by Duty Manager at any time of your stay.

Once again I would like to say that I appreciate your comment and I look forward to welcoming you back.

yorkshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2012

We always stay at this hotel in Aberdeen. We rate this as one of the best Holliday Inns we have ever stayed at. Prices during the week are high but at the weekend are very reasonable. It is a pleasure to stay there; the staff are pleasent and carry out there work to a high degree. If you fancy something not on the menu, just ask the cheif and if he can he will prepare it for you.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
K_Parchimowicz, Manager at Holiday Inn Aberdeen - Exhibition Centre, responded to this review, September 4, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your kind review - I am delighted to see that it is the second time when you decided to share your feedback with other travellers on Tripadvisor and that your experience has actually improved as you have granted as 5 stars on that occasion. We appreciate your effort and will be all delighted to have an opportunity to welcome you back.

With Kind regards
Scotland, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2012

Stayed the night at this Hotel for the first time. Going up to our room surprised that the doors on the lift closed on my arm my husband had to step forward to help. Room was clean and tidy. During the night it got extremely hot, no heating was on. The window only opened a small amount. I did not sleep well due to the heat. The extractor fan in the bathroom did not work so the room steamed up quickly, but did not want to leave the door open as it was already very hot in the bedroom, no shower caps as usual for these budget Hotels. Decided to leave and not bother with breakfast. Caught the lift with an American gentlemen again the lift doors closed on him. He told us he had never see lifts where to doors did not retract, as he was staying a on longer he said he would have to be careful. We also noticed the hallways leading from the bedrooms had an unpleasant stale smell and could do with some air freshners.
Was not impressed and would not wish to stay there again..

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Frances-Jane
Dear Guest,

Many thanks for your recent review - we do appreciate all the feedback both positive and negative as it allows us to recognize areas where we can improve.

I am sorry to hear that your stay was not the greatest and I apologize for the issues that you and your husband have both encountered. I have shared your comments about the elevator with our General Manager to make sure that it gets looked at to avoid similar problems in the future.

When it comes to heat in our bedrooms I do admit that they tend to get hot on certain occasions during the summer time however we are always happy to provide portable fan to cool the air in the room.

Once again thank you for your feedback.

I do hope that regardless of your experiance I will have the pleaseure of welcoming you back in our hotel.

Kind Regards
Glasgow, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2012

Many good things about this hotel as shown in ratings below. Room was small however for three people. Ventilation very poor as window opens only a little and there is no AC.
The public areas are pleasant and as you would expect in a HI. On the evening of our stay the bar area was dominated by a small number of male guests watching football. The sound level was much too high to ensure the amenity of all guests. In the public areas there were three TV screens all showing football. The background music was barely audible above the commentary of the football match.Our quiet nightcap was spoiled by this.
In the morning our door was opened by the maids just after 8.00am. I then placed the 'do not disturb' sign on the door and the same thing happened around 30 minutes later!
I mentioned the above at check out and sympathetic noises were made but I really wanted to be assured that the management would be made aware of my comments.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
K_Parchimowicz, Manager at Holiday Inn Aberdeen - Exhibition Centre, responded to this review, August 16, 2012
Dear Guest,

First of all I would like to thank for your comment - we do appreciate it as it gives us the opportunity to recognize the areas where we should improve and allow us to do even more to satisfy our guests needs.

I would like to thoroughly apologize for the inconveniences you have encountered during your recent stay at our property. I am very dissapointed to learn that you have not at all enjoy your evening in our bar. What is concerning as well is the fact that our Housekeeping team did wake you up so early and repeated that regardless of the DND on your handle and the fact that we have not followed up your comments during your check out . I would like to assure you that all the points raised in your comment will be discussed on our daily business meeting and that issues mentioned will get addressed as soon as possible to ensure we avoid them in future.

Once again I would like to apologize and I am hoping that although your experience was not the best you will choose to stay with us on another occasion allowing us to prove that we have acted on the points you have raised.

Should you wish to provide me with some more details regarding your stay please do not hesitate to do so directly.

With kind regards
Reservations Manager

Travelers are raving about these Aberdeen hotels