“A bed for 2 nights”

Ranked #53 of 65 Hotels in Aberdeen
atlanta
“A bed for 2 nights”
Reviewed September 10, 2012

The building is old and the decor is minimal. No air conditioning. Bar is adequate, restaurant fair.
Staff is extremely friendly and helpful. Pure and simple a no frills place to lay your head. If you have to be outside of Aberdeen near the Exhibition Center this will work, if not stay in the city and enjoy the old city charm.

Room Tip: Stay in Aberdeen unless you have reason to be outside the city.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
K_Parchimowicz, Manager at Holiday Inn Aberdeen - Exhibition Centre, responded to this review, September 11, 2012
Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for feedback related to your recent stay at our hotel.

I am happy to hear that you have appreciated services provided by our staff and overall rated your stay as good. I must admit that on occasions during the summer season heat can potentially be a problem and we are hoping to get that issue solved. In the meantime we offer portable fans to our guests - they can be obtained from reception or provided by Duty Manager at any time of your stay.

Once again I would like to say that I appreciate your comment and I look forward to welcoming you back.

Many thanks
Reservations Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
yorkshire
Reviewed August 28, 2012

We always stay at this hotel in Aberdeen. We rate this as one of the best Holliday Inns we have ever stayed at. Prices during the week are high but at the weekend are very reasonable. It is a pleasure to stay there; the staff are pleasent and carry out there work to a high degree. If you fancy something not on the menu, just ask the cheif and if he can he will prepare it for you.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
K_Parchimowicz, Manager at Holiday Inn Aberdeen - Exhibition Centre, responded to this review, September 4, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your kind review - I am delighted to see that it is the second time when you decided to share your feedback with other travellers on Tripadvisor and that your experience has actually improved as you have granted as 5 stars on that occasion. We appreciate your effort and will be all delighted to have an opportunity to welcome you back.

With Kind regards
Scotland, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 20, 2012

Stayed the night at this Hotel for the first time. Going up to our room surprised that the doors on the lift closed on my arm my husband had to step forward to help. Room was clean and tidy. During the night it got extremely hot, no heating was on. The window only opened a small amount. I did not sleep well due to the heat. The extractor fan in the bathroom did not work so the room steamed up quickly, but did not want to leave the door open as it was already very hot in the bedroom, no shower caps as usual for these budget Hotels. Decided to leave and not bother with breakfast. Caught the lift with an American gentlemen again the lift doors closed on him. He told us he had never see lifts where to doors did not retract, as he was staying a on longer he said he would have to be careful. We also noticed the hallways leading from the bedrooms had an unpleasant stale smell and could do with some air freshners.
Was not impressed and would not wish to stay there again..

1 Thank Frances-Jane
K_Parchimowicz, Manager at Holiday Inn Aberdeen - Exhibition Centre, responded to this review, September 28, 2012
Dear Guest,

Many thanks for your recent review - we do appreciate all the feedback both positive and negative as it allows us to recognize areas where we can improve.

I am sorry to hear that your stay was not the greatest and I apologize for the issues that you and your husband have both encountered. I have shared your comments about the elevator with our General Manager to make sure that it gets looked at to avoid similar problems in the future.

When it comes to heat in our bedrooms I do admit that they tend to get hot on certain occasions during the summer time however we are always happy to provide portable fan to cool the air in the room.

Once again thank you for your feedback.

I do hope that regardless of your experiance I will have the pleaseure of welcoming you back in our hotel.

Kind Regards
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 15, 2012

Many good things about this hotel as shown in ratings below. Room was small however for three people. Ventilation very poor as window opens only a little and there is no AC.
The public areas are pleasant and as you would expect in a HI. On the evening of our stay the bar area was dominated by a small number of male guests watching football. The sound level was much too high to ensure the amenity of all guests. In the public areas there were three TV screens all showing football. The background music was barely audible above the commentary of the football match.Our quiet nightcap was spoiled by this.
In the morning our door was opened by the maids just after 8.00am. I then placed the 'do not disturb' sign on the door and the same thing happened around 30 minutes later!
I mentioned the above at check out and sympathetic noises were made but I really wanted to be assured that the management would be made aware of my comments.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
K_Parchimowicz, Manager at Holiday Inn Aberdeen - Exhibition Centre, responded to this review, August 16, 2012
Dear Guest,

First of all I would like to thank for your comment - we do appreciate it as it gives us the opportunity to recognize the areas where we should improve and allow us to do even more to satisfy our guests needs.

I would like to thoroughly apologize for the inconveniences you have encountered during your recent stay at our property. I am very dissapointed to learn that you have not at all enjoy your evening in our bar. What is concerning as well is the fact that our Housekeeping team did wake you up so early and repeated that regardless of the DND on your handle and the fact that we have not followed up your comments during your check out . I would like to assure you that all the points raised in your comment will be discussed on our daily business meeting and that issues mentioned will get addressed as soon as possible to ensure we avoid them in future.

Once again I would like to apologize and I am hoping that although your experience was not the best you will choose to stay with us on another occasion allowing us to prove that we have acted on the points you have raised.

Should you wish to provide me with some more details regarding your stay please do not hesitate to do so directly.

With kind regards
Reservations Manager

Travelers are raving about these Aberdeen hotels

Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 13, 2012

stayed for one night at this hotel. It is really nice and the staff cannot do enough for you. The breakfast is really nice and excellent choice available. Bedrooms are really spacious and bed was really comfortable. I would certainly return. Plenty parking in the hotel grounds and you can get a bus into town centre for £3 return kids go free. Its £10 in a taxi. The park and ride isnt available on a Sunday. Hotel was nice and quite and a really nice atmosphere

Room Tip: best if you dont get a room on 1st floor next to lift as I would imagine it would be really busy. We...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
K_Parchimowicz, Manager at Holiday Inn Aberdeen - Exhibition Centre, responded to this review, August 14, 2012
Dear Guest,

On behalf of the whole team at The Holiday Inn Aberdeen Exhibition Centre I would like to thank you for you time and effort to leave the feedback on Tripadvisor.

I am delighted to read that you have thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us and appreciated our services as well as the quality of our bedrooms. I will make sure that your comment is passed on to all the team members and I am sure they will all find it rewarding.

Once again thank you for your feedback - I am hoping to have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon.

Kind regards
Stirling, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 12, 2012

I have stayed here a few times, mainly due it's convenient location, comfortable rooms and good value for money.

The staff are consistent, professional and polite. Rooms are clean and spacious. Breakfast is good too.

The bar is friendly and food is good too, in the evening.

Overall, a very pleasant guest experience.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
K_Parchimowicz, Manager at Holiday Inn Aberdeen - Exhibition Centre, responded to this review, August 13, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for submitting such a good review on Tripadvisor.

I am glad that you have enjoyed your stay with us especially that you appear to be a returning guest who appreciate our services.

I would be a pleasure to have an opportunity to welcome you back.

With kind regards
reservations Manager
Crewe
Reviewed August 2, 2012

After 2 miserable nights at the Premier Inn in Aberdeen City centre this was bliss. It has all the pre requisites for any decent hotel i.e you can park your car easily and securely, you can get a decent nights sleep in a comfortable bed and well appointed room (no seagulls screeching their heads off all night which I omitted to mention in my review of the Premier Inn).

If you're in Aberdeen on business it's a very good choice in my view. If you're in Aberdeen for leisure reasons probably not so good as it is a bit remote from the city centre.

I thought the price reasonable compared to other accommodation around the Aberdeen area and will aim to stay here again next time in the area.

Breakfast and check in all good

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
K_Parchimowicz, Manager at Holiday Inn Aberdeen - Exhibition Centre, responded to this review, August 3, 2012
Dear Guest,

On behalf of the team at the Holiday Inn Aberdeen Exhibition Centre I would like to thoroughly thank you for your fantastic review on Tripadvisor.

It is great to hear that you have experienced a non troubled and overall very enjoyable stay - reviews like yours always put a smile on my face, especially on Friday afternoon.

I am looking forward to welcome you again.

With Kind regards