I stayed here for 2 nights on a business trip recently. After reading the negative reviews, I was a little wary, but I have to say it was a lot better then I was expecting. There was nothing at all wrong with the place, ok its not 5*, but its clean, central and warm.
The staff are all helpful, cant fault the cleaning etc.
Rooms have tv's with sky sports etc
Didn't like Aberdeen itself, found it to be very "rough", and the hotel is right in the middle of the main "strip", so expect some noise, altho it is set back 1 street so its not as bad as the travel-lodge down the road
Feel free to contact with any Q's
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mercure Aberdeen Caledonian Hotel, is perfectly placed for exploring handsome, vibrant Aberdeen, known to the world as the Granite City. Located in the centre of Aberdeen, overlooking Union Terrace Gardens and five-minute walk from the railway station, The Caledonian Hotel is a grand example of the city's distinctive Victorian architecture. It's close to many local attractions, and an excellent base for touring the Highlands. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, ACCOR, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Mercure Aberdeen Caledonian Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Caledonian, Aberdeen Hotel Aberdeen
- The Hotel Aberdeen
- Caledonian Thistle
- Mercure Aberdeen Caledonian Hotel Scotland