The physical layout of this hotel makes it really difficult for front of house-all food has to be carried through reception area and into eating area; as such breakfast items were cold (beans)overcooked(sausages) undercooked(tomatoes)hard(eggs).When complained re breakfast ,were told we cd have freshly cooked breakfast -how does that reflect on the rest of the customers- u take it or leave It We were told we had to pay £14.95 for breakfast each-it was quite quickly remedied that we had indeed prepaid this, but a bit embarrassing all the same as we sat in "waiting seats whilst it was sorted out".Room was ok-discoloured grouting in bathroom n badly broken tile in bathroom floor which we reported-we got what we paid for. no tea/coffee facilities in room-very unusual! £55 for 2 bnb.Corridor noises throughout the night-folk closing doorsetc didn't sleep well.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mercure Aberdeen Caledonian Hotel, is perfectly placed for exploring handsome, vibrant Aberdeen, known to the world as the Granite City. Located in the centre of Aberdeen, overlooking Union Terrace Gardens and five-minute walk from the railway station, The Caledonian Hotel is a grand example of the city's distinctive Victorian architecture. It's close to many local attractions, and an excellent base for touring the Highlands. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, ACCOR, Orbitz, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Mercure Aberdeen Caledonian Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Caledonian, Aberdeen Hotel Aberdeen
- The Hotel Aberdeen
- Caledonian Thistle
- Mercure Aberdeen Caledonian Hotel Scotland