My husband and I stayed here for a long weekend break in September 2011. The objective was to explore old Aberdeen and the hotel was ideally placed for this. We were able to walk everywhere and it was very central. We enjoyed the setting, looking out over the gardens but within a few minutes of the city centre.
The room was large enough with a good sized bathroom and flat screen TV. Furnishings were modern and comfortable. The staff were all polite and helpful so compliments all round!
The breakfasts were OK - not wonderful and not freshly made but plentiful and were buffet service. We ate out at night and there was a huge choice of restaurants nearby. This was paid by using up Tesco vouchers but I would pay to stay here again.
The car park was very small but once we found a space, the car was left till we left for home!
An enjoyable break altogether!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mercure Aberdeen Caledonian Hotel, is perfectly placed for exploring handsome, vibrant Aberdeen, known to the world as the Granite City. Located in the centre of Aberdeen, overlooking Union Terrace Gardens and five-minute walk from the railway station, The Caledonian Hotel is a grand example of the city's distinctive Victorian architecture. It's close to many local attractions, and an excellent base for touring the Highlands. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with ACCOR, Booking.com, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Expedia, Agoda, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotels.com, Hotwire and HotelQuickly so you can book your Mercure Aberdeen Caledonian Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Caledonian, Aberdeen Hotel Aberdeen
- The Hotel Aberdeen
- Caledonian Thistle
- Mercure Aberdeen Caledonian Hotel Scotland