“Bob's 50th Birthday Bash”
Review of Palm Court Hotel

Palm Court Hotel
Ranked #14 of 65 Hotels in Aberdeen
Reviewed August 19, 2013

We had the best evening ever on Saturday night. We booked one of the private rooms for a dinner for 34 and the food was amazing. The hotel staff decorated the room exactly as I had planned and could not do enough for us. We had Elvis as our entertainment and the hotel had helped us in organising this - a great place to hold a function. All our friends thoroughly enjoyed the evening.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
GrahamUrquhart, General Manager at Palm Court Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2013

Good Evening Bob and Jane

Thank you for your review and I am delighted you both had such a great time last weekend. It was such a pleasure working with you throughout the planning of the event and the big surprise with the Elvis entertainment. All your guests seemed equally delighted at being at such a great event and I am pleased we played such a large part in the night.

I will pass on your feedback to the team and in the meantime I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the not too distant future.

Reviewed August 18, 2013

Went for family lunch expecting good pub grub. Ordered macaroni cheese. Dish of pasta with thick melted cheese served. On tasting it was plain pasta in a white sauce with the cheese dumped on top. Tasted disgusting. Even my cheese addict son had to pass on eating it. Returned it and was left with only choice of soup of the day and a sandwich. I would have liked to have had fish but as it only came battered I could not eat it. Most hotels are willing to bread the haddock. Not here. Soup arrived with a doorstep of a sandwich.... On stale bread. The soup was cold but as I had already complained about the macaroni and being diabetic i was in urgent need of food so i had to eat it. The breaded scampi was over cooked and dry. Drinks were ordered and served wrong brands. Onto the desserts. The sticky toffee pudding was microwaved to within an inch of burning and as a result was hard, dry and inedible. Back it went. The dark chocolate panacotta was solid enough for a spoon to be stood in. The mint sauce served with it tasted as if it had come straight from a tube of toothpaste. All in all not a pleasant first time experience and doubt very much there will be a second. We wondered if the fact there was a wedding taking place had anything to do with our sub standard meals.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank pepperbunny

Good Afternoon

Thank you for your review following your recent visit to the hotel. Clearly I am disappointed with your experience within the bothy last weekend. We pride ourselves in the high quality of food and service we offer and it is disappointing to read of so many issues you had with your meal. I would be more than happy to discuss your concerns re your visit last week and I can be contacted directly on graham.urquhart@g1group.co.uk

Best Regards

Reviewed August 10, 2013

We held our Wedding ceremony and reception here on 19th July 2013 and it was the best decision we have made. Graham and all the staff couldn't do enough for us and our guests. They made sure everything ran smoothly. Nothing was too much trouble at all. All our guests have commented on the service they received. Also the food was second to none. If anyone is looking for a venue for any occasion, then look no further! You won't find anywhere better!!

• Stayed: July 2013
GrahamUrquhart, General Manager at Palm Court Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 18, 2013

Good Evening

Thank you for your review and once again many congratulations on your recent marriage. It was an absolute pleasure looking after you both and your guests and I am delighted you all had a wonderful day.

I will pass your feedback onto the team and we very much look forward to welcoming you both back to the hotel in the not too distant future.

Reviewed August 3, 2013

Having just had our wedding ceremony and reception at palm court would highly recommend to others. The staff could not do eneough for us and the day ran smoothly and efficiently. The food as always was terrific and every guest commented on how delicious it was. It is clear to see why the hotel wins awards for their wedding packages we could not have asked for a better service. Thanks again

• Stayed: August 2013

Good Evening

Thank you for your reveille and once again many congratulations on your recent marriage. It was an absolute pleasure looking after you both and your guests and I am delighted you all had a wonderful time on your big day.

I will pass all the feedback onto the team and we look forward to welcoming you both back to the hotel in the not too distant future.

Reviewed August 2, 2013

I would like to thank Graham the Manager and his extremely helpful team who provided my partner and myself an outstanding experience whilst dining in the hotels restaurant. Graham's service was outstanding and he went out of his way to provide me with a fantastic range of delicious vegetarian options. His attention to detail was impeccable and even provided a separate vegetarian menu on printed paper on my arrival.
I have been in Aberdeen for a week now and have visited a number of restaurants including Jamie Oliver's which was extremely disappointing. I asked for a fresh pasta dish and received hard uncooked pasta (from a packet) Not fresh which was stated on the menu. The pasta was so undercooked that my partner insisted to sent it back to the chef. We also tried another couple of restaurants in town this week and sadly left very unhappy by their lack of service and poor quality of food. Both restaurants stated on their menus that they used vegetarian cheese in their dishes but when we asked the Managers they told us to avoid the cheese because it was not vegetarian and made from a calfs rennet. This alone was shocking and is actually false advertising.

After these terrible experiences, I am just absolutely delighted to find Palm Court Hotel and feel refreshed that there is still some honest helpful people out there, providing a great service.

Therefore we visited Palm Court Hotel again last night after our first amazing meal at the start of the week. I enjoyed another delicious fresh pasta dish which was far superior to Jamie Oliver's uncooked packet pasta. I highly recommend this place for dinner and drinks as the whole experience was flawless and extremely enjoyable. They offer a great range of fantastic dishes from a variety of meats, fish options etc and also if you are a vegetarian like me, you will not be disappointed and will be catered for separately.. I loved and thoroughly enjoyed my meals this week. I visit Aberdeen regularly and am delighted to have found such an amazing place. I will definitely be booked another table on my next visit to Aberdeen next month.
Thanks again to Graham and his lovely helpful team for your outstanding service and food. See you soon Gail & Craig

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple

Good Evening

Thank you for your review following your recent visit to the hotel. I am delighted we could accommodate all your specific dietary requirements. The staff are equally pleased that creating a menu for you gave you a wider selection to choose from on each occasion and they all very much look forward to your future visits.

You have my details and if I can be of any further assistance to you in the future, please be sure to get in touch.

Reviewed July 29, 2013

I would just like to express my sincere thanks to everyone at Palm Court Hotel Aberdeen who made my son's wedding reception memorable for all the right reasons.

The day was enjoyed by everyone and that was due in no small part to the excellent organisation, superb food and comfortable accommodation.

The friendly, helpful and efficient attitude of the staff ensured that everyone had a superb day from arrival at the hotel to departure after a hearty Scottish breakfast.

I would recommend the hotel as an excellent venue for a wedding reception.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
GrahamUrquhart, General Manager at Palm Court Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2013

Afternoon Gordon

Thank you for your review and I am delighted you enjoyed your Son's wedding at the weekend. It was an absolute pleasure looking after you and your extended family.

We strive to ensure that all our guests receive our high level of quality and service and I am delighted you had the opportunity to experience this first hand.

Once again thank you for your review and I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the not too distant future.

Reviewed July 28, 2013

Really nice hotel with modern decor room & en suite & the most amazing cooked Scottish breakfast you will ever eat. Receptionists & restaurant staff were polite & well presented. We will be back & will be recommending to our family & friends.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
GrahamUrquhart, General Manager at Palm Court Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 29, 2013

Good Evening

Thank you for your review and I am delighted you enjoyed your recent stay at the Hotel. We strive to ensure that all our guests experience the high level of quality and service we offer and I am delighted you had the opportunity to experience this first hand.

I will pass your feedback onto the team and we look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the not too distant future.