“Weekend away”
Review of Palm Court Hotel

Palm Court Hotel
Ranked #14 of 65 Hotels in Aberdeen
Reviewed March 25, 2013

My boyfriend wanted to treat me to a weekend away for my birthday and gave me the choice of venue. I chose Palm Court Hotel as I've stayed there before whilst on business in Aberdeen. The rooms are extremely comfortable and all the staff are very professional and friendly. The main bar is relaxing and warming, the restaurant is equally comfortable and the food is fantastic and don't ever sleep in and miss breakfast in this fantastic hotel. I would recommend this hotel and already have done since my stay.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
GrahamUrquhart, General Manager at Palm Court Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2013

Good Evening

Thank you for your review and I am delighted you enjoyed your recent stay here at the hotel. It was a pleasure to have you back at the hotel again albeit this time for a leisure stay. Hopefully you managed to relax a lot more.

It was great that you continue to enjoy the high level of quality and service we offer all our guests and I will pass on your feedback to the team.

Once again thank you for your review and we look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the not too distant future.

Reviewed March 24, 2013

Thanks to the excellent care and attention from Graham and his staff we enjoyed a wonderful two day stay at the Palm Court Hotel. From the fantastic pre-wedding dinner the night before to the actual wedding day itself we have nothing but praise for the staff. Our every need was catered for, nothing was too much trouble and as a result my daughter's wedding day was made very special and went off smoothly and effortlessly making it indeed a memorable day.

Good Evening

Thank you for your review and I am delighted that you enjoyed your recent stay with us here at the hotel on the occasion of your daughter's wedding. It was an absolute pleasure looking after your family and it is with our best wishes that your daughter and son in law had such a memorable day.

We strive to ensure all our guests enjoy there time whilst in the hotel and enjoy our high level of quality and service we offer.

With best Wishes

Reviewed March 19, 2013

My lovely English daughter was marrying a Scotsman and they chose Palm Court Hotel. Good choice. We were a party of 15 from England. We were made to feel very welcome at all times.
The service by the young staff was great. Lots of smiles nothing too much trouble. Well done to you all. The arrangement for the wedding was very professional ran like clockwork. Every one was happy. Room size adequate but very clean and tidy.

I hosted a party of 10 for dinner the night before the wedding at the Hotel. The food was
excellent and the cost very reasonable. Again the service by the young staff could not be faulted. Would return to this hotel with my family at any time.

Good Evening

Thank you for your review and we are a delighted that you enjoyed your recent visit and stay for the occasion of your daughter's wedding. It was an absolute pleasure looking after you all and i am delighted you got the opportunity to experience our high level of quality and service first hand.

I am also delighted that our local people in the bar made you feel welcome. The wedding was such a great day for you all and it was with our best wishes that your daughter had such a memorable day.

Reviewed March 18, 2013

We held our Ruby Wedding on 9/3/20013.in the conservatory which was lovely laid out.The food was good and the attention from all the staff especially Elliot and Ross was excellent. All staff are a credit to the managers. The rooms were cosy and beds comfy We would recommend the Palm Court as a good venue for any function.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends

Good Evening

Thank you for your review and I am delighted that your Ruby Wedding Celebrations were a great success.

It was an absolute pleasure looking after all your guests and I am pleased that you enjoyed our high level of service and quality throughout. I will pass on your feedback to the team in particular Elliott and and Ross.

Reviewed March 17, 2013

We held our wedding in the Palm Court on 15/03/2013. We choose the Hotel because of all the places we looked at it had the most reasonable package and there were no hidden costs. The managers were very open to discussing Our needs and requests and accomdating them rather than getting us to stick to a one plan fits all wedding. As people on a budget we found the team down to earth and helpful in enabling us to stick to that budget.

We held the ceremony in the Sanderson Room which was bright and airy and even the photographer commented on how pretty the room looked with the natural light. The room was changed twice during the day, quickly and without fuss.

The staff were brilliant at ensuring all the touches I wanted during the day were arranged and even better were able to take items I had bought for decoration and use them to maximum affect. Even on the day they were great at anticpating our needs or the needs of guests and going with the flow of changing requests.

The managers were lovely and accomodating and the wider staff were so obliging from getting scissors, pins, extra batteries or tidying up my bombsite of a dressing room nothing seem to be too much fuss. I heard from guests that a fussy niece was given extra crispy bacon on request at the evening buffet and my sister in law was given a vegetarian option which we had completely overlooked. This was done quickly and without bothering either of us. Heck we even had some barman make up the male number during the ceilidh- now thats good service!

We had an amazing day and were able to totally relax knowing the staff had it all covered.
Amanda and Tony Anderson

Good Evening

Thank you for your review and I am delighted you had a great day. It was an absolute pleasure looking after you both and I am delighted that your day was such a success. I will pass your feedback on to the team who also offer the congratulations to you both.

Once again thank you for your review and we look forward to seeing you in the hotel in the not too distant future.

Reviewed February 19, 2013

I like it here. I've stayed in quite a few Aberdeen hotels and I feel more comfortable in this one than most. It is not at all pretentious, it is simply a decent hotel. There is a good atmosphere in the bar which has a few screens with live football, and a decent choice of beers and lagers. I ate in the bar on 2 successive nights and enjoyed both meals; the first an excellent steak and the second a very tasty fish and chips. There is a separate restaurant but I believe it serves the same food as the bar.

The rooms are small but well presented with a shower and no bath which suits me fine. The bed was very comfortable and contributed to an excellent night's sleep on both of the evenings I stayed there. The service was also good.

Hotels in Aberdeen rarely deliver value for money due to a combination of ridiculous pricing and poor service, but overall I would say this one is a decent choice, especially for business travellers.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business

Good Evening

Thank you for your review and I am delighted you continue to enjoy your stays with us here at the hotel. We have so many regular guests within the hotel and it is a pleasure for my team to look after everyone.

The hotel is indeed very comfortable and it is our aim to ensure there are no strangers within the hotel and everyone feels at home with the high level of quality and service we offer to compliment.

I will pass onto the team your feedback and we very much look forward to you returning to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed February 18, 2013

Hello, My wife and I stayed for 1 night on the 16th Feb and found the staff very friendly and ecellent accommodation, we also had dinner in the Bothy Restaurant (first class food).
Also I forgot my cufflinks and the staff went out their way on finding me a pair
so thank you everybody at the Palm Court SUPERB!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family

Good Evening

Thank you for your review and I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay here at the hotel whilst you were attending birthday celebrations. The weekend was a great success and everyone enjoyed themselves.

I am pleased you managed to experience our Bothy whilst in the hotel and enjoyed your meal. In reference to assisting you with cuff links this was our pleasure to help you out and I will pass on your feedback to all the team.

Once again thank you for your review and we very much look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.