“Wedding 8/12/12”
Review of Palm Court Hotel

Palm Court Hotel
Ranked #15 of 65 Hotels in Aberdeen
Reviewed January 18, 2013

I had my wedding here on the 8/12/12 and everything was perfect :) We changed venues only 6 months previously due to terrible service and it was the best decision we ever made!

Graham is fabulous and a real asset to the hotel, no matter how many times I called or emailed, I always received a quick and friendly reply. Everytime we came in to the hotel we were always offered tea or coffee with juice for the kids and nothing I asked for was too much for them. Although, I mostly dealt with Graham, when he wasn't available Sharlene was very helpful.

On the day everything was set out beautifully and even the Christmas tree decorations were changed to match my colours. All the guests commented on how lovely the meal was and how generous the portion sizes were. You are given a meal choice on the day as standard which my previous venue was going to charge at least an extra £300 for. In the evening there was a Christmas party in the other function room but as the doors were closed off I never noticed them. Only thing I would say if you are having a function with a lot of guests is do not let the air conditioning get turned off.

The service was excellent throughout the day and night and all the staff were efficent and friendly - I really must pop in and give them something as they all did a great job. The hotel is a lovely hotel but it was the staff that helped make my day so special

The room we were in was a standard double room which clean and nicely decorated. The bed was comfortable and I didnt hear any noise from outside or inside the hotel.

I will definately return to this hotel for food or one of their murder mysteries in the future and I cannot recomend this hotel enough for any function or wedding.

Room Tip: We had room 17 which wasn't the biggest but was comfortable and quiet.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Nicola C
GrahamUrquhart, General Manager at Palm Court Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 16, 2013

Good Evening

Thank you for your reveiw and I am delighted that you had such a great day on the occasion of your wedding. It was an absolute pleasure looking after you both and i thought your room looked great. You put so much effort into your wedding Nicola and it was a pleasure working with you.

I am delighted your guests all had a great day also and I look forward to wlecoming you back to the hotel in the not too distant future.

I hope married life is treating you well.

There are newer reviews for Palm Court Hotel

Reviewed January 14, 2013

We were invited to The Palm Court for a friend's party & have to say the food was excellent & the ambiance was superb. We did not stay there but just want to recommend this hotel for food.It is also very accesible & the staff were all very attentive.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends

Good Evening

Thank you for your reveiw and I am delighted that you enjoyed your recent visit to the hotel.

We strive to ensure all our guests recieve our high level of standards and quality and I am delighted you experienced this first hand.

Once again thank you for your review and I look forward to wlecoming you back to the hotel in the not too distant future.

Reviewed January 12, 2013

Had our post Christmas works night out at the Palm court last week. We picked a murder mystery dinner as something a little different. We were greeted on arrival with a glass of wine or orange and shown to our table. The theme of the evening was a theft aboard a pirate ship and the dinner guests had to question members of the crew during dinner with a view to finding out who who did it, what their motive was and how it was done. There was a choice of 3 dishes for each course and around the table we had a selection of everything. Each choice was delicious, with generous portions and very attentive staff. The entertainment of the evening was well presented, brilliantly acted and great fun. A fantastic night out for a group with great food and a little something extra thrown in.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Wendy C

Good Evening

Thank you for your review and I am delighted you enjoyed the recent murder mystery dinner at the hotel. These are always excellent nights and we indeed receive great feedback. I am delighted you enjoyed the meal also and i will pass you feedback onto the team.

We have a number of Murder Mystery dinners throughout the year and very much look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel for future events or perhaps a meal in the Bothy.

Once again thank you for your reveiw and I would like to wish you all the very best.

Reviewed January 3, 2013

We had dinner in the bothy restaurant on hogmanay with friends abduction cabout only describe it as excellent. The food was outstanding and the service we received was second to none. The two managers that we dealt with were so friendly (Scott and Ross) abduction gadgets exceptional customer service. We will most certainly be back. We also stayed over on Friday 28th as we were attending our friends festive gathering and graham and the team excelled themselves. A fantastic night had by all.

• Stayed: December 2012

Good Evening

Thank you for your review and I am delighted that you enjoyed once again, your recent stay at the hotel. It was a pleasure having you as our guests again and it must feel like home from home attending 2 events here at the hotel just days apart.

You will be delighted to see it is still the same team and indeed we continue to strive to ensure our guests are still enjoying the high level of quality and service we provide.

Once again thank you for your reveiw and I very much look forward to welcoming you both back to the hotel in the not too distant future.

Reviewed January 2, 2013

Overall a pleasant stay at The Palm Court Hotel . Booked a family room for one night and stayed for two . To be fair a family room is just a double room with a camp bed added to it . The room was modern and clean with everything you would require for a short stay although once a third bed was added the room was pretty small . The restaurant was lovely and the breakfast excellent .

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family

Good Evening

Thank you for your review and I am delighted that you enjoyed you recent stay at the Hotel.

We strive to ensure that all our guests within the hotel enjoy our excellent facilties and high level of customers service and I am pleased that you experienced this first hand.

Once again thank you for your reveiw and I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the not too distant future.

Reviewed December 28, 2012

I booked this hotel for 2 nights (Thursday & Friday) for my mother in law to stay while visiting at Christmas. The hotel itself is very nice BUT there was a wedding on the first night and a disco the second night with loud music until 2am and guests making a lot of noise until past 3am! My mother in law didn't get any sleep and when she phoned the general manager he was very unhelpful and basically said there was nothing he could do! Unless you are staying for a function in the hotel I would not recommend it as you will get no sleep!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank carolineandphil
GrahamUrquhart, General Manager at Palm Court Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 30, 2012

Following your mother in laws recent stay at the hotel this week, I am pleased to note she like the hotel and the facilities.

As discussed on the telephone with a gentleman, I would like to apologise again for any inconvience caused due to the noise from other guests within the hotel and indeed from the noise levels from any music from the weddings. Firstly I can clarify that the music stopped at 1am on Thursday rather than 2.00am as you have noted. This was confrimed also on the call. I would also like to reassure you that I did not say at any time that we couldnt do anything and would like to confirm that we requested that the music be turned down. I also spoke to the main wedding party to advise that there was higher additional noise than normal being made in the bedroom corridors which they addressed immediately.

It was my intention to write to with regards to your issue with the noise, however with you opting to issue this reveiw instead I am unsure whether an additional letter of apology and compensation is necessary.

Reviewed December 19, 2012

Stayed at the Palm Court after a family meal. There is so much choice on the menu and the meal was beautifully presented and served by very friendly, professional staff. After spending a very comfortable night in a lovely bedroom with adjoining spotless bathroom we headed for breakfast which was again well presented - again plenty to choose from. All the staff were friendly from check in to check out. Sadly there was a down side - we had to leave to go home, but we will certainly be back to the Palm Court and will recommend this hotel to our friends.

Room Tip: Number 2 was beyond 100%
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank my3boys-great

Good Afternoon

Thank you for your reveiw and I am delighted that you enjoyed your recent stay at the hotel and enjoyed first hand our high level of quality and service we offer all our guests.

It was a pleasure to have you as guests of the hotel and we very much look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the very near future.

With Best Wishes for the New Year