“Lovely room in busy hotel”
Review of Palm Court Hotel

Palm Court Hotel
Ranked #15 of 65 Hotels in Aberdeen
Dubai
“Lovely room in busy hotel”
Reviewed December 15, 2012

Stayed for the night while attending a function in the hotel. Room was excellent with some uniquely Scottish touches. Breakfast, which was included in the rate consisted of an freshly prepared cooked breakfast along with a cold buffet. The hotel was very busy with 2 functions taking place on the same evening along with a lively after work crowd. Weekend rate was very attaractive, but believe it is pretty pricey during the week, but that I believe is typical of most Aberdeen hotels and not just nice hotels like the Palm Court.
It gives nice mixture of visiting guests and local people who eat and drink there regularly.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
GrahamUrquhart, General Manager at Palm Court Hotel, responded to this review, December 30, 2012
Good Afternoon

Thank you for your for review and I am delighted that you enjoyed your recent stay here at the hotel whilst attending an event.

We are indeed extremely busy for events at the hotel and I am delighted that you all had a great time. We strive to ensure that our high standards and quality is given to all our guests and i am delighted that you experienced this first hand.

I would like to wish you all the very best for the New Year and look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

With Best Wishes.

I

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (101)
Aberdeenshire Scotland
Reviewed December 9, 2012

Palm Court was the venue for my recent retiral celebration. The venue was beautifully decorated with lots of atmosphere.The choice and quality of food was amazing and waiter service was perfect. Would highly recommend this hotel for any celebrations.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank Jacdor61
GrahamUrquhart, General Manager at Palm Court Hotel, responded to this review, December 10, 2012
Good Evening

Thank you for your review and I am delighted that you enjoyed your retirement celebrations with us here at the hotel last week. It was an absolute pleasure looking after you all and I am delighted it was such memorable occasion.

We strive to ensure all our guests receive the highest levle of quality and service and i am pleased that you all had the opportunity to experience this first hand.

I will pass on your comments to the team and we look forward to seeing more of you now you are in retirement.

Many congratulations and best wishes

aberdeen scotland
Reviewed December 3, 2012

My son was married and had his wedding reception at this hotel on Saturday - I cannot praise the hotel and staff highly enough, its a beautiful hotel, our room was lovely and very well equipped - from the moment we entered the hotel we were greeted and treated as VIPs, the whole wedding ran like clockwork, with thanks to the excellent MC, as a former wedding co-ordinator myself I know it is no easy task - the food served at the reception was first class and so much of it I just simply couldnt eat it all, everyone who was at the wedding praised the hotel and staff to us, we are so pleased. Breakfast in the morning was excellent with everything you could ever wish no matter what your dietary requirements and taste. The guests who came from the west coast of Scotland have all gone away with nothing but good memories of the day and the hotel - I would have no hesitation in recommending this gem of a hotel to anyone, particularly any bride looking for a venue for her special day - I would also like to add that according to my son and new daughter in law the prices were extremely competitive which is a major advantage - thanks again to all the staff and will be back again very soon for a meal

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
GrahamUrquhart, General Manager at Palm Court Hotel, responded to this review, December 9, 2012
Good Evening

Thank you for your review and I am delighted that both you and your family had such a great day here at the hotel on the occasion of your son's wedding. It was an absolute pleasure looking after you all and it indeed it was a great wedding.

We strive to ensure that all our weddings and guests have a day to remember and I am delighted that you have had the opportunity to experience this first hand.

Thank you once again and i look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the not too distant future.

Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 2, 2012

we have just been to a wedding what amazing service fab friendly staff beautiful rooms very clean the food was great and piping hot when we got it that is how to run a great hotel they all deserve a great big thanks.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Good Evening

Thank you for your review and I am delighted that you enjoyed your recent stay here at the hotel and indeed thoroughly enjoyed the wedding.

We always strive to ensure that our high level and quality and service is provided to all our guests and I am delighted that you had the opportunity to experience this first hand.

Once again thank you for your review and I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the not too distant future.

Highampton
Reviewed November 29, 2012

I stayed here for a company arranged event. The room I was allocated was clean but very small. The bed took up the majority of the available floor space and was very low to the floor. The biggest annoyance was the noise from what I was told was the kitchen extract fan somewhere very close to the room. Which was switched on at around 05:30 and seemed to run all day. The evening meal we had was very good. With an excellent menu. All of our party enjoyed the food. However breakfast was a different matter. I ordered a full Scottish breakfast and received a large plate containing bacon that had been folded and only cooked on one side, leaving the fat undercooked, a very runny egg with uncooked white, black pudding and a slice of haggis that seemed to have been microwaved, they certainly hadn't been grilled or fried and baked beans with a skin on top. All very unsatisfactory. The second morning I asked for poached eggs which were excellent.
All in all the hotel is comfortable but could do with a bit of attention to detail. I was left feeling slightly disappointed as those in our party that had stated there previously rated it very highly.

• Stayed November 2012
1 Thank HighamptonGroomy
Good Evening

Thank you for your reveiw following your recent stay here at the Hotel. I am pleased to note that your found the hotel comfortable and that you enjoyed your meal at the hotel.

I am disappointed to read that you has an issue on one of the mornings at breakfast which is completely unusual and I will discuss with the relevant team members. I will also investigate the timers on which any extractions within the hotel are set.

Once again thank you for your feedbcak and I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the not too distant future

Witney
Reviewed November 28, 2012

A sudden and distressing family event necessitated a hurried booking for our family of 4, travelling up from S England. The staff were exemplary in their understanding and support when co-ordinating both the function and accommodation arangements for us. Absolutely nothing was too much trouble and they really made us all feel cared for and supported throughout our stay. Rooms were excellent and provided everything we could want and need. Breakfasts were delicious, stunning and huge - they even managed to stump our 2 hollow-legged teenage boys who can always 'eat for Britain'! Looking forward to returning for a more relaxing break in happier times - a definite for the spring.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
GrahamUrquhart, General Manager at Palm Court Hotel, responded to this review, November 30, 2012
Good Morning

I am delighted that you enjoyed the high level of service and quality we offer all our guests and would like to take this opportunity on behalf of the team to send our best wishes to you all.

I will pass on your feedback to the team and we look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel on a more happy relaxing occasion.

london
Reviewed November 26, 2012

stayed two nights attending a suprise 60th party rooms were immaculate staff friendly and food excellent proper scottish breakfasts as well would definitly stay there again ...could find no faults whatsoever
my thanks to everyone at the palm court for a great weekend
george and joan McN

Room Tip: rooms at rear