“Fantastic Wedding Venue”

Palm Court Hotel
Ranked #15 of 64 Hotels in Aberdeen
“Fantastic Wedding Venue”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2012

My son and daughter in law got married at the Palm Court Sept 7th 2012.
Graham is a fantastic wedding planner, the quality of service and food amazing. All the staff were efficient and friendly (nothing was too much trouble). I really can't recommend enough. Best wedding I have ever attended.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
GrahamUrquhart, General Manager at Palm Court Hotel, responded to this review, September 13, 2012

I am delighted that you and your guests all had a great time at your son's wedding last weekend. It was an absolute pleasure looking after you all on the day and indeed in the organistaion of the wedding also.It was nice to see that the sun managed to shine for them also.

It is always great to hear feedback like this on the service we provide and I will pass all your comments onto the team this week.

Once again thank you for your reveiw and I am delighted that you enjoyed your time at the hotel.

With best wishes

Graham

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
Fort William, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2012

Fantastic time at the Palm Court Hotel - attending a wedding 2/9/12.
We stayed the night before the wedding and the staff although very busy - were very attentive to our needs.
The room was very tastefully decorated, usual facilities - very comfortable.
The meals are veryof a very high standard - the mushroom ravioli - too tasty!!
Breakfast is buffet style - plenty of choice and loads of it.
The wedding was lovely - the hotel certainly appeared to have worked hard at making it a very special day for the couple.
The wedding meal was fantastic - everything cooked to perfection and beautifully presented.
I would not hesitate in recommending the Palm Court Hotel.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

I am delighted that you enjoyed your recent stay at the hotel and indeed that you had a good time at the wedding. It is always good to see feedback from the guests and I will pass your comments onto the team.

The bride and groom both had an amazing day and are just so happy so many of the freinds and family could join them in celebrating with them at the hotel.

Again, thank you for your reveiw and I look forward to welcoming you all back to the hotel in the not too distant future.

With best wishes

Elgin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2012

Our son got married at the Palm Court on 28th July 2012 the day was perfect and everyone had a really good time.All the staff were brilliant especially Graham who went out of his way to make sure everything was perfect. Nothing was too much trouble and from planning stages to the wedding day he was calm and cheerfull. He collected the cake, saved the day when one of the guests broke the zip of her dress by producing safety pins and a wrap before arranging a car to take her to town to get another dress while the photo's were being taken..
We stayed for 3 nights the rooms were clean and comfortable and the hotel accomadated the needs of all the guests. The food was excellant at the wedding and throughout our stay.
We can't fault the hotel in any way and would definately recommend it and hope to return for a weekend break.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

I am delighted that you enjoyed your son's and daughter in law's recent wedding and it was an absolute pleasure looking after you all in the organisation of the big day and indeed the day itself. The high level of service we provide to all of our guests allows them to have nothing but happy memories of the ocassion.

I will pass on your commenst to the team and in the meantime please look after yourselves and I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the no too distant future.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2012

I have visited the Palm Court Hotel numerous times for events including dinners, a Golden
Wedding Anniversary, birthday celebrations & most recently a more sensitive family & friends occasion.

The management & staff have always been welcoming, friendly, courteous & most helpful.

From the planning stages of the event I had complete trust in their professionalism, in fact nothing is too much bother and they are only too happy to accommodate your personal needs & wishes.

Their meals are of excellent standard & quailty and the buffets are outstanding and cater for everyones tastes.

The service provided is second to none & I would not hesitate to recommend the Palm Court Hotel - whatever the reason for your visit!

I look forward to more get-togethers there in the future.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
GrahamUrquhart, General Manager at Palm Court Hotel, responded to this review, September 10, 2012

I would like to thank you for your comments and I am so pleased that we have been able to assist you with so many different events and occasions over the last few years and it is a pleasure to always have you and your family with us at the hotel. We pride ourselves in delivering the highest level of quality and service throughout and pleased to see so many of our guests return to the hotel.

Once again thank you for your reveiw and I look forward to wecoming you back to the hotel in the not too distant future.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2012

We had a fantastic time the room was perfect and the staff was very good especially the manager Scott Horner nothing was a problem for him to deal with very kind and pleasant young gentleman as was Kyle but didnt get his last name would recommend this hotel to anyone my family will definately be back and the food was superb even my 17 month old daughter was impressed could not have asked for a better day and night thanks again Karen Findlay x

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

I am delighted that you enjoyed your time at the wedding last weekend and it is great to see such favourable comments. We pride ourselves in ensuring that all the guests at the wedding have just as good a day as the bride and groom and it seemed that the wedding all had a great time.

I look forward to welcoming to back to the hotel in the near future

Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2012

We got married on the 18th August at this hotel and couldn't of asked for a better venue/service that was provided.
We live in Manchester so all the planning was mainly done over the phone with Graham.
We had a lot of family travel up to Aberdeen for the weekend and the hotel was very accommodating to everyone's needs.
On the actual wedding day is was Scott that took care of everything and him and the other staff working that day did a fantastic job and nothing was too much trouble for them.
The table plan, name place cards, menus which they provided all matched my wedding invites perfectly and they did this without me even informing them what my wedding invites were like. I took my own centre pieces but seeing the tables set up using their own i decided they were so much nicer and used the hotel ones instead.
Scott did a fab job with being toast master and he had the day running smoothly with no problems.
We had a 3 course meal at the wedding breakfast and the guests had a choice of two to select from. All the food came out piping hot and everyone commented how well the food was cook and that they were decent portion sizes.
Evening reception went smoothly as well, we didn't have a buffet but had sausage and bacon barms (softies) instead and these went down a treat with the guests.
I also need to say a big thank you to Graham who helped get us a new cake shop to make our wedding cake within a week as the one we were using closed down.
Bedrooms were very comfortable and really clean, they were on the warm side but the weekend we were there is was quite warm outside but fans were provided. They also had complimentary tea/coffee with a decent carton of milk and there is also a mini bar in the room.
I have no complaints whatsoever with the hotel or its staff and i think the palm court is a perfect wedding venue for anyone getting married in the Aberdeen area.
We stayed for a total of 3 nights along with most of our wedding guests. A couple of the guests including ourselves have kids and they were running about quite a bit over the weekend so they opened up one of the venue rooms downstairs so the kids had somewhere to play without disturbing other guests without kids which i think was a nice thing to do.
for our wedding we had a photo booth and sweetie bar at the evening reception which the hotel was very accommodating for.
On the friday night before the wedding my dad asked for a table for 13 for a pre wedding meal and we were situated in a lovely room upstairs, again the food was cooked perfectly and the service was excellent. My dad did a post wedding meal on the Sunday for 15 people and we were situated down in the Bothy which has very comfortable seating, again food and meal was spot on.
Can't rate the hotel enough for a lovely wedding weekend and we highly recommend this venue.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
GrahamUrquhart, Manager at Palm Court Hotel, responded to this review, August 30, 2012
Thank you for your review.

Congratulations, again on your marriage and I am delighted that we made your wedding a day to remember. It was a pleasure to work with you both throughout your wedding planning even at such distance and I am pleased I was in a position to support you at the hour of need with you cake. It was evident that all your guests enjoyed their time in the hotel and helped make it such a special occasion for you. I will pass your feedback onto the team and on behalf of them all I woul like to wish you both all the very best for the future. Regards Graham
Glasgow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2012

I had the pleasure of staying at the Palm Court when attending a meeting in Aberdeen. I can't rate the hotel highly enough. They do everything so well; from the warm welcome I received when I arrived at reception to the minute I left the next day. I was given a lovely big room at the front of the hotel, which was spotlessly clean and comfortable. Lots of nice little touches including fresh milk in the mini bar for a cup of coffee in the room. The staff in the hotel are extremely pleasant and helpful and I'm looking forward to my next visit already!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business

I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay at the hotel whilst in Aberdeen on business. Our rooms are very comfortable and I am pleased that all the little extras complimented to your very enjoyable stay. I will pass on your feedback to my team and we would be delighted to welcome you back to the hotel in the very near future. Regards Graham