“Wine in wine & dine offer restricted to first night of stay.”

Britannia Hotel - Aberdeen
Ranked #64 of 65 Hotels in Aberdeen
Reviewed March 27, 2013

Room satisfactory but somewhat dated.
We were on a 2 day wine and dine package with no mention on the confirmation invoice that the wine was restricted to the first night only.After much research discovered an obscure footnote on the third page of the website.Arrogent management not prepared to consider there was a misunderstanding.Cant think it is not deliberate.
Restaurant meals poor due to buffet being intermittently serviced.Cold meats in salad bar were nonexistent or frozen to the plate.Temperature of food in hot buffet varied from warm to downright cold.Especially the chips

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
GMAberdeen, General Manager at Britannia Hotel - Aberdeen, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2013

Dear sandyakaarchie, the terms and conditions are actually on the same website page as the offer which you need to go to before booking the offer. I am sorry if you did not enjoy the buffet and if the food was not at the correct temperature, I have passed these comments to our chef.

Reviewed March 26, 2013

We have informed the company that we work for that if they book us in here again I will refuse to travel to Aberdeen. This is the dirtiest, scabbiest hotel in the UK and is comparible to some dumps I have stayed in in central asia and west africa. (Where, at least you get some sunshine!!)
For your evening meal I would reccommend a taxi somewhere else or a pot noodle in your room. Bring a leeping bag as the bed linen is minging and don't forget to wipe your feet on the way out!
This hotel needs tearing down and something nice building in its place. You have been warned!
On the plus side........ the wifi in the rooms is free. (So it bloody should be!)

Room Tip: Tip for a good room????? Might I suggest a taxi to another hotel.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
GMAberdeen, General Manager at Britannia Hotel - Aberdeen, responded to this reviewResponded April 7, 2013

Dear Terry Compo M, I am sorry that you did not enjoy your stay with us.

Reviewed March 22, 2013

I'm writing this review right now from one of the bedrooms of the Britannia hotel itself. I stayed here last night and can honestly say it is nothing short of horrific. The cleanliness, the staff, the food, the atmosphere, the bed, the bathroom etc etc. I'm trying not to find bad points, I really am. But it is literally, absolutely disgusting.

The main thing I'd like to review, is the food. Oh the food. Good grief the food. Last night it was actually hilarious. A few of us were sat in the bar watching the so called head of staff direct the waiters etc. It got so bad, that one of the guests waiting, went onto youtube on his phone and played out the Fawlty Towers theme song at full volume. The song and scene went perfectly.
The food is almost practically un edible. You have to pay for a minimum of two courses, even if you just want one course, which is a minimum of £14.95. I supposedly ate fish and chips, but I had one spoon full of fish and couldn't eat any more.

The only good thing going for the hotel, is that it's close to the airport, I'll give it that, but really, honestly, that's about it.

Enjoy your stay at the Britannia!

Room Tip: Stay elsewhere at all costs.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank john_smith88131
GMAberdeen, General Manager at Britannia Hotel - Aberdeen, responded to this reviewResponded March 24, 2013

Dear john_smith88131, I am sorry your did not have a good stay and will pass your comments on the food to our Chef.

Reviewed March 20, 2013

I see the manager keeps telling people that the hotel is needing refurbished and this is being looked into but it isn't stopping them charging top dollar especially when they know Aberdeen is packed full! To charge just shy of £200 pounds with no breakfast for a twin room in this condition is absolutely ridiculous. The transition at the door between the ensuite and the bedroom was covered in duck tape, the room in general was sadly run down. Smells in the corridor were not very nice, I really could go on and on but to what point. Would recommend avoiding at all costs!!!!!!!!!

Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank mcadamwj

Dear mcadamwj, we are currently getting quotations for works to be done and some refurbishment will be done at the same time as these works, however as the hotel runs more or less full all the time it is hard to get any works done in between.

Reviewed March 20, 2013

A dirty, shabby, run-down hole of a hotel, stay anywhere but here. I steered well clear of the restaurant because I'd read the warnings in previous reviews, however I probably would have avoided eating there anyway based on the rest of the hotel's standards. Possibly this hotel chain should consider looking after bus stops rather than places of accommodation. The shower was good though, which was just as well considering the layers of dirt you come into contact with in the room.

Stayed: March 2013
2  Thank Sarah W

Dear SW, I am sorry that you did not have a pleasant stay and will pass on your comments to our staff.

Reviewed March 18, 2013

My husband met with clients who flew in from Denmark, he was appalled at the staff- no manners, not a smile to be seen, food was atrocious, filthy surroundings, tins of beer lying in the toilet sinks etc etc.
Have just come home thankfully didn't have to stay there and looked up the reviews just out of interest! They are all true!! Book in somewhere else!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank HMM311

Dear HMM311, I am sorry that your husband did not enjoy his visit but may have found it different had he actually stayed.

Reviewed March 18, 2013

Oh my god!!!!!!!! This is a real stinker, never before have I seen such a god awful pit!!!!! I visited the restaurant to be greeted by an array of "treats". Unfortunately these we're all burnt to a crisp on the molten hot plate, when I did eat the stir fri was clearl made of rubber and also had been made the year prior to my arrival.i left hastily !!!!! My room was a stable at best!!!! Bathroom door off it's hinges, cracked sink and a toilet that had been used by others.The bed was ok though!!!!! Tv did not work . Filthy hotel, the worst I have stayed in anywhere in the world, and believe me, I have stayed in some crackers. PLEASE do not part with your hard earned cash. This experience was all for the princely sum of £140 for one solitary night. BRTANIA HOTEL, YOU ARE A DISGRACE TO THE HOSPITALITY INDUSTRY '!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: Book somewhere else
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Danielg12345
GMAberdeen, General Manager at Britannia Hotel - Aberdeen, responded to this reviewResponded March 20, 2013

Dear Danielg12345, I am sorry if the hot plate was turned up too high and the food overcooked because of this, I will get the chef to monitor this more. It is a shame if you had all these maintenance issues that you did not report them as to date we do not know of a door of it's hinges and could have sorted the tv etc.