Britannia Hotel - Aberdeen
Craighaar Hotel(Aberdeen)
  • Pool
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Restaurant
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 6, 2012

hi to who ever reads this ,the hotel was very clean and tidy ,,,shower easy to use ,which i found out after a 13 hour journey ,,meals ok.breakfast self service ,plenty of everything you need in fact great ,manager were he finds is energy i wish he would pass it on to me ..the man is every where a credit to this hotel ..oh and the barman and manager run the pub in hotel like clock work ..never have i seen 2 more dedicated staff members than those two guys .thanks for great 5 days cheap cheerfull holiday,,,, thanks guys .oh and travelstyle who we booked it through ..hope to see you again sometime ,two happy punters bob and phyllis ...

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
GMAberdeen, General Manager at Britannia Hotel - Aberdeen, responded to this reviewResponded November 9, 2012

Hi Bob and Phyllis, I am glad that you had a great stay with us and look forward to having you back again. I will pass your comments on to all concerned as I am sure they will appreciate them.

Reviewed November 1, 2012

Staying here for work this week. First room stank of damp & eventually they sent someone to take a look who agreed it smelled but nothiing they could do. After about 4 hours they eventually moved me to a non smelling room.

Last night I went to the restaurant at 815pm, it closes at 900pm, and despite it being completely empty was sat at a table in the middle of the room. I asked to sit at a table by the wall where I had sat the night before. 'No thats not for lone diners' I was told, when I pointed out the place was empty he said 'it's my rules'.

At this point I walked out. The Duty Manager was just outside the restaurant and I mentioned this to him but he didn't seem bothered!

The service and standards at this hotel are shocking. My advice is to avoid at all costs.

Room Tip: Stay at another hotel. The Craighaar is not far and had a rather enjoyable stay there earlier in the year.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank Kevin M
GMAberdeen, General Manager at Britannia Hotel - Aberdeen, responded to this reviewResponded November 3, 2012

Dear Kevin M, I am sorry that you say your room smelled but happy that we did get your room changed for you. Unfortuantely we do run full most nights so changing rooms can take a little bit of time. I will speak to the restaurant staff and duty managers about your other issue as I am not sure which night you are reffering too.

Reviewed October 30, 2012

First impression was not good from outside. Old and tired looking building. Rooms were spotless and perfect for a family of 5 . Never used facilities so can't comment on pool or gym. Deal was DBB plus wine for 5 plus bottle of house wine £65 for everything. Meal was great as was breakfast. No complaints at all. Good choice and kids enjoyed it also. Ages 13, 4, 2 . Assume it was the manager (english gentleman)couldn't have done enough at meal times . Credit to brittannia.if you want to pay crazy prices for decor then go elsewhere. 4miles from city centre and 3 miles fro, airport.

Room Tip: Family room had 2doubles and a single with loads of space . Not cramped at all. Room number 9 .
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Martin_Brogan
GMAberdeen, General Manager at Britannia Hotel - Aberdeen, responded to this reviewResponded October 31, 2012

Dear Martin_Brogan, thank you for your comments so many people use these site just to complain. I am glad you and your family had a great stay and we hope to see you back soon.

Reviewed October 30, 2012

I would avoid this place like the plague!! Yes i only paid a small amount to stay here (price the same as a travel lodge) but i would have been more comfortable sleeping in my car... Our first minute in this place instantley made me regret booking it.... as we approached the receptionist she let out a huge sigh and i mean huge!! I even looked behind me to see if something had happened?? but there was nothing!! she asked me my name how i was paying and told me to sign here and here...handed me my room card and walked off...we found our way to the 4th floor eventually!! down corridors that smelt of cigarettes and the ceilings were covered in cobwebs :( we got to our room and the card did not work so we had to all the way down to the delightful receptionist to tell her that the card didnt work she asked our room number did something with the card then abruptley told me to keep it away from my mobile phone and slapped the card back on the desk and walked off....at this point i was stood utterly gobsmacked and bemused and the sheer bad mannered abruptness and disgusting rudeness i witnessed!! had i been just myself i would have asked for my money back and requested to speak to a manager but i had my daughter with me....and to be honest after reading the other reveiws about this hotel she is cleary being allowed to behave in this way.....the room was basic smelt unclean the matress on the bed was clearly passed its best i am sure i would have been comfier in a doorway...... avoid avoid avoid :(

Room Tip: anywhere but here!!!
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank lorna m
GMAberdeen, General Manager at Britannia Hotel - Aberdeen, responded to this reviewResponded November 2, 2012

Dear lorna m, I am sorry that the receptionist was rude and abrupt and we will have words with all receptionists about this. The hotel is large and spread out, you obviously passed along our smoking floor which is on the third floor, this can be avoided by going along the ground floor to the second lift that would take you directly to where the 4th floor rooms are. The keycards do work with magnetic strips and as such can be effected by mobile phones, keys, metal etc.

Reviewed October 28, 2012

This hotel is fine and I enjoyed my stay here , fine room decent breakfast and staff were helpful , location was ideal for me superb B&B value at £62 also the communal bar staff were friendly and were swift at serving bar meals no more to add here folks

Room Tip: cant advise only stayed once
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business

Dear Hibee1973, thank you for your comments and I am glad that you had an enjoyable stay with us, we hope to see you back again in the future.