Britannia Hotel - Aberdeen
Aberdeen Marriott Hotel(Aberdeen)(Great Value!)
$95
Marriott Hotels
  • Pool
$167
$151
$80
$74
  • Restaurant
Skene House Rosemount(Aberdeen)(Great Value!)
$78
$79
$66
$102
$94
$95
$85
Ibis Aberdeen Centre(Aberdeen)(Great Value!)
$49
$48
  • Restaurant
$167
$94
Palm Court Hotel(Aberdeen)(Great Value!)
$65
$52
Agoda.com
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed October 18, 2012

When entering the hotel the staff were less than helpful, no smiles not even a 'Hello'!
The facilities within the hotel were not explained.
Hotel layout is difficult to navigate, I would describe it was a ‘warren’. Not all doors were labelled.
Hotel is very dirty and run down. I did not feel comfortable walking in my socks around the room.
Two night stay over, first morning waking up no hot water! No explanation why, no apology!
Rooms were very noisy, could hear the people in the next room.
Morning two the House Cleaning Staff knocked on the door at 9am!

Would not recommend to a friend
Would not stay again

Plus points: good parking

Room Tip: Do not stay in the Britannia Hotel Aberdeen
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Laura B
GMAberdeen, General Manager at Britannia Hotel - Aberdeen, responded to this reviewResponded October 21, 2012

Dear Laura B, I am sorry that the reception staff did not explain the facilities properly too you and did not even greet you properly. We did have a issue with the hot water one day in some rooms but we did not know which ones, and engineer was called and came out and fixed it within an hour of us being informed.

Reviewed October 17, 2012

Having travelled seven hours a goodnights sleep was needed. Unfortunately i had been booked into the Britannia Hotel in Aberdeen, so a goodnights sleep was not on the cards. The hotel in general is run down and dirty. It took an ice age to check in and once I was allocated my “cell”, I immediately “hit the sack”.

Hitting the sack, is actually a very accurate and way of describing their beds. The mattress was lumpy and had “people” potholes in it. Meaning wherever you lay, you ended up absorbed by a lumpy, spiky, horrible experience. I would have thought that sit ups on a bed of nails would have been more comfortable. The pillows were also of equal interest. All the pillows supplied were like bags of builders’ sand. Still wide awake at 4am, I decided that I would be more comfortable, by removing the pillow from the case, and filling the case with my clothing. It improved the feel of the pillow and felt less uncomfortable than the mattress.

I got the overall impression that this hotel lacks serious investment and requires competent management and staff to give it any chance of a future.

Total dump, avoid at all costs. Sleeping in the car, on a park bench or even in a shop doorway would be better!

Room Tip: Good room:- Sleeping in the car, a park bench or a shop doorway.
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
3  Thank Razzthejazz

Dear Razzthejazz, I am sorry that you did not have a good stay. The hotel is a bit dated and as such can appear dirty when it is not. We have just ordered more new beds.

Reviewed October 17, 2012

Travelling for work, flying from Aberdeen Airport, I stayed at this hotel. We paid highly for this hotel so to be honest I was expecting a bit of luxury!

Its a huge hotel and a bit of a maze..... food in the restaurant is OK, but as a whole the place is very dated. Trying to call reception (which is also emergency number), only for it to ring out.

Ample, free parking and only a short taxi ride from the airport but don't expect much from the hotel.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business

Dear Karen P, the hotel is large and spread out and could do with some refurbishment to bring it more up to date.

Reviewed October 17, 2012

I booked this hotel for our wedding on the 1st of September 2012 and like so many other visitors i too was deeply unimpressed by the receptions staff attitudes on many occassions, yes there is a language barrier problem, but to stand in front of them and be totally ignored for serveral minutes whilst they giggle and shuffle paperwork around is down right rude, I visited the hotel once a week for approx 2 months to keep our wedding planner "Toni" up to speed with forthcoming details of our big day and what a joy it was each time to be met with such a happy, smiling, well presented woman who without any doubt knows and does her job with professionalism and passion for her brides/grooms, our day went without a hitch, the meal was excellent, the manager Neil did us proud with his announcements, kept the wedding party well informed as to how the order of the day was going and even helped us out on the sunday with removing our wedding gifts, floral arrangements etc, overall the rooms could use updating but they did the best job with the tools they had for us, so cheer up reception girls get some experience on customer care, but a huge huge thank you to "Toni and Neil,

Best Wishes from
Linda and Michael
Mr and Mrs McTigue

Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Linda, thank you for your comments and I am happy you had a great wedding. Reception should not behave this way and have been spoken too about it.

Reviewed October 16, 2012

I stayed in this hotel last night and have never stayed anywhere as bad. The whole room smelled of damp and mould, the sink in the bathroom had a very unpleasant smell /coming from it, I used a whole tin of deodorant in the bathroom. The furniture was dated and worn.

I didn't even venture into the bath for a shower as the plug was full of congealed soap and hair stuck through it, with bits of hair over the bottom of the bath as well, there appeared to be a leak coming from somewhere as the floor had puddles.

The food in the evening was look warm and the staff were none too happy or friendly. The breakfast in the morning was not much better, with a "help yourself" being the only comment from the person at the entrance to the restuarant.

All in all not a nice stay, I have already passes on my comments to my company and we will certainly not be sending anyone else to stay there.

The free wifi is non existant too, could not get this to work anywhere in this hotel

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Suzanne295

Dear Suzanne295, we are currently addressing some of the older bathrooms which do have some issues caused by age.