“Delightful night” 5 of 5 bubbles

Craighaar Hotel
Ranked #43 of 63 Hotels in Aberdeen
“Delightful night”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2014

We stayed one night in the Pebble Suite and were delighted with our choice. Check in was simple, the hallway was a little musty but our suite was incredibly clean, spacious and well appointed with a mini bar and DVD player. The sofa was a little uncomfortable, we stayed in and watched a movie and I would have liked a more comfortable seat for this. The bathroom was lovely, clean and had the usual complimentary toiletries. The huge waterfall shower was great, just what I needed. The bedroom was on a mezzanine floor and had another tv, ipod docking station and clock. Our bed was a little on the hard side but I slept fine. Free wifi was fast. The hotel is on the flight path near the airport but even with the window open, this did not bother us. It is also next to the bowling green and I think the bowlers were out late having a party but again a little noise on a Saturday night is to be expected. Breakfast was delicious. A choice of continental, fresh fruits and cereal and a very good cooked selection. I ordered an omelette and was very pleased. Check out was not till 12 which was handy. All in all a very enjoyable stay.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
sheffield,england
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2014

Because of a family emergency my son and I had to find a hotel at short notice and we were very pleased with our choice. Stayed at the Craighaar for 3 nights.The rooms were very clean and comfortable. The hearty breakfast was served by a lovely wee lassie called Shannon(well we were in Scotland). It was plentiful and set us up for the day.
On our 3rd day I had to book a flight back to Manchester which was easy having the free WiFi but I didn't have the facility to print out my e-ticket. Reception staff to the rescue. When I explained the situation to them they were most accommodating and I had my e-ticket in my hand within minutes.
Cannot thank the staff enough for their help at a difficult time.
Please bear in mind that this hotel, although brilliant, is very near the airport, aircraft and helicopter noise is quite loud and frequent between 7am and 10pm.

Room Tip: Quiet through the night, noisy during the day due to planes and helicopters.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Lake District
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2014

We stayed overnight and the hotel delivered on location (for us) parking and wi-fi. Our room was clean but dated. Refurbished bathroom though which was good. The mattress was hard and thin with no support - so I had a bad night. Staff were all friendly and helpful. We paid £120 for 2 for B and B and have had much better standard of room and breakfast. The food was in the restaurant was ok , but limiting for a vegetarian. Breakfast was ok, but croissants could have been fresher. They do a long breakfast but should ensure the buffet is kept replenished. Full marks for cooked breakfast though - better than on a hot plate

Room Tip: All will have aeroplane noise but it goes at night. we had a really long walk right at the end of th...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Inverness, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2014

This was a bit of a random choice which turned out very well indeed as by coincidence it was in the same street as an elderly relative I wished to visit. First class room (15) with a separate seating area - a mini suite I suppose. The en-suite was really a wet room and I have not experienced this in an hotel before - not sure if I liked it - but that is only a minor quibble. We had our evening meal in the hotel restaurant and it was very good, well cooked and served promptly by friendly staff. Breakfast was first class and again the staff were very good. The public rooms in the hotel were undergoing a major refurbishment which appeared to be nearing completion and looked to be a splendid job. Yes it is under the airport flight path but that did not detract in any way from our stay and its proximity to the airport could be an advantage. All in all and enjoyable stay.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Patrick D
Garve, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2014

Excellant value for money especially for Aberdeen. Only stayed the one night but very impressed. Room was clean well kept and had all facilities required. Car parking easy and plentiful. Close to airport. Check in, bar and breakfast service very good by friendly staff. Due to commitments was unable to sample restauarant but menu looked good and if at same standard as breakfast I am sure would be good.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
Inverness, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2014

A lovely Hotel with a great location in proximity to Aberdeen Airport.

The Hotel has had recent upgrades in some areas and looks quite good, however other parts of the Hotel are in need of upgrade and the rooms are a little outdated in some cases and its highlighted by the fact the bathrooms are upgraded its like they have run out of money.

However the Hotel rooms are clean spacious and fairly well laid out.
The staff were friendly and helpful and were kept busy throughout our stay with high volume of people in the Hotel.

The Evening meal was very nice the quantity and quality first class and most enjoyable.

I would certainly return again and recommend the Craighaar as a stopover and hopefully my next visit the upgrades will have all been completed.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2014

Best restaurant in Aberdeen. Nice friendly staff. No worries about parking as have car park at the front. The food is delicious. Nothing is a bother. I do not like spicy food and this one does not serve it, Plain ordinary Aberdeen food just as you like it. Not in the city centre. We will not go anywhere else. You can stay there if you wish. We stay local.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple