“Cannot fault this hotel at all”

DoubleTree by Hilton Aberdeen City Centre
Ranked #19 of 65 Hotels in Aberdeen
Reviewed December 1, 2010

I have no complaints at all about this hotel. Again we stayed in the Platinum Club. We also ate dinner in the hotel (something we don't usually do in Hiltons) and my brother-in-law who lives in Aberdeen used a SPREE voucher so that it was even better value.I cannot believe the gripes of some people- if you need more milk - just ask reception- if you need more toiletries -just ask reception- we would- but people who can afford to stay here don't need toiletries!

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
CraigEwan_8, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Aberdeen City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded February 28, 2011

Dear Guest,

Thank you for giving us your feedback. I am delighted you had another great stay and enjoyed the Platinum Club and our friendly staff. I look forward to welcoming you back again in the future.

Area General Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,453)

Reviewed November 30, 2010

Our family booked Mum and Dad in for one night as part of a Diamond wedding anniversary present. We made it known when booking, that it was for a special occasion.
They were extremely well looked after, with facilities and staff being as good as could possibly be expected and unexpected treats a real bonus. Nothing was too much trouble.

Thanks Doubletree.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
CraigEwan_8, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Aberdeen City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded December 5, 2010

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback. I am delighted to hear that your parents were WOWed by the hotel and the team members who were involved in looking after them. We have a great team and they like the challlenge of a special occasion.

I look forward to welcoming them or yourselves back to the Doubletree by Hilton, Aberdeen at some point in the future.

Reviewed November 22, 2010

Thank you for another brilliant time. This is the second time we have stayed at this hotel
and it certainly wont be our last We had a complimentary upgrade to a platinum room. It was really lovely and really made our stay even more enjoyable. The staff couldnt do enough for you. We hope to be back again in February and look forward to seeing you then.

Lynne Ireland

this hot

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to give us some feedback. I was delighted to read you enjoyed your upgrade to our Platinium club. These rooms are fantastic and we gets lots of excellent feedback from them.

I am glad you that all of our team members were on hand to assist you with your stay and that they created a great impression with you.

Reviewed November 15, 2010

We stayed at the Hilton Doubletree Aberdeen on Friday 12th and Saturday 13th November 2010. The hotel is situated only a minutes walk fro the beach, near plenty of fast food restaraunts such as TGI Fridays, Jimmy Chongs etc. We were welcomed by very polite staff and shown to our room quickly. The hotel is a little tired but not bad. The problems started at 0230 am on the Saturday morning. Guests in room 106, directly below us started to have a party and it appeared the nightshift staff were unwilling to do anything about it. I complained the following morning and we were immediately offered a free upgrade to a premier room. Vrery nice touch from the manager. The leisure facilities were good, pool, sauna, jacizi, steam room and gymnasium. The bar as expected was a little expensive and the breakfast was nice but a bit on the cold side. For £170 pounds for two nights it was not too bad. Would we stay again????????? probably as it is only a few minutes walk from the town centre.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thanks for your feedback.

I was sorry to read that you were disturbed by the guests below your room at 2.30am in the morning. I am aware that that night was a very eventful evening for our night team and unfortunately they were tied up with an incident which took priority at the time.

I was glad that overall you found our team members to be helpful and friendly. If you are traveling back to Aberdeen in the future please contact me directly.

Reviewed October 27, 2010

Hotel is located quite near the city center, which is one of the main attraction of Aberdeen. Nice place to shop and drink beer sitting in sun!

It's quite easy to get to the hotel from Airport.

Rooms are comfortable and cozy. Quite clean.
Hotel has a nice bar and food is good. Nice place to have conversation with friends or colleagues.

Staff is polite and helpful.

Aberdeen is mostly visited by people in Oil & Gas business. Location of this hotel is quite central to most of the major oil company offices.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your guest feedback. I appreciate these they are important to us. Our location is very central and useful to the majority of oil and gas offices in Aberdeen as well as offering the largest hotel leisure facilities in Aberdeen.

I will pass on your positive feedback regarding the food to our chef.

Reviewed October 10, 2010

1st time here although we are Hilton fans, usual polished performance by staff, food, including bar meals was excellent and unusually for us meant eating in instead of going out which was a nice change.

• Stayed: October 2010

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking time to give us your feedback. I am delighted to read that you found the hotel very comfotable and that you enjoyed chefs fantastic food. Chef does source the food locally and buys the best of quality.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the Doubletree by Hilton Aberdeen at some point in the future.

Reviewed September 28, 2010

My 10 y/o niece and I have just returned from the Doubletree for a Friday-Monday break and we had a fantastic time. We arrived in the morning to get the best out of our day so were far too early for our check-in, this was no problem, our bags were stored by the team ready for us to collect when we came back. Check in smooth as silk, the team were quick, courteous and helpful (I only wish I had booked three separate nights as the cookies we were given upon check in were delicious and I'd have happily eaten one each day). I booked a Classic smoking room and as per the comments of the General Manager on earlier reviews, the condition of the room was showing a little wear and tear and could do with refurb - cracks in the sink, laminate missing from some parts of the furniture, etc. there were also cigarette burns on the carpet and around the sink however I absolutely consider these as resulting from a complete lack of respect from previous guests and not a reflection on the hotel. The standard of cleanliness couldn't have been higher in our room and in the communal areas we used. The beds were brilliant, we both slept very well and there were plenty of pillows which hasn't been the case in other places we have stayed. We were in the pool on Saturday and Sunday mornings and again couldn't have been treated better by the staff on duty. My only niggle was that two of the five womens shower cubicles were closed for maintenance and we had to wait a while to use the shower. On Friday night my niece realised she needed scissors to open the packaging of her toothbrush (of course I had none, there is always something!) she is a quiet wee girl but went to reception herself and they quickly helped and must have been very kind to her as she said the lady was nice. We only had breakfast on the Monday morning and it was lovely with a good broad selection, everything was of a nice quality and plentiful (watch out for fresh fried eggs coming through as they tend to go funny under the warming lamps). The location was perfect for us as we spend a lot of time at Codona's, the cinema and the beach which were all two minutes away. Going to and from Union Street, you could get the 13A and it drops you at the Satrosphere which is right at the hotel, heading back to the Centre you just cross the road for the bus, taxi's aren't too expensive either, maybe about £6/£7 to the main street, bus or train station and to walk to Union Street took us about 10 minutes but we were dawdling and talking. On checking out Laura was on duty at the reception desk and she was fantastic, we were able to leave our bags until nearer the time we had to leave and when we came back for them she was good enough to call a taxi for us. All in all my experience of the Doubletree was that it was a very well run hotel, staff take ownership for their areas of reponsibility and give you the impression that you are valued as a customer without fawning all over you. I wouldn't hesitate to come back for a stay or to recommend to friends.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your detailed feedback.

I am glad you really enjoyed your stay and that the team members did their best to assist you and your niece. The classic rooms are due for a refurbishment and we are hoping to start that project in quarter two of 2011.

Taxis from the hotel to the station during the day are between £5.50 - £6.50 or it is an easy walk, just taking 15 minutes.