Not worthy of 4 stars except for the staff. Stayed for two nights. From arrival, lift sounded as though it was about to break down throughout stay, broken chair obvious as soon as we got in room, complained and they did replace it promptly, shaky/broken table, 4 little cartons of milk for two people, bathroom shabby with dirty grout and mould around fittings, soap dish on wall above bath hadn't been cleaned in months, unidentified open pipe in wall above bath, terrible shower fitting and water kept running from bath tap meaning that shower water never got to right temperature, towels on second day were old, worn and rough, wash cloth disappeared on second day, extractor fan didn't work, cheap toilet paper and one set of toiletries between two people, no air conditioning in bedroom and tilt and turn window tilted and turned at the same time meaning that couldn't be left open because of wind. Only plus was that staff were polite and pleasant, giving excellent service, and food was good but there was less of a choice on the Saturday than on the Sunday. Reception staff were reserved and I was not surprised as they must get lots of complaints. We only complained about the broken chair on arrival as the list got so long it was embarrassing and staff were obviously doing their best. The first breakfast was not charged to room - staff member said that for some reason our name was circled on the list - and assumed it was because of complaint about chair and I heard another couple being told that their evening meal was not being charged to their room. I think the policy is that maintenance is non existent but they compensate with no charge for something. The maintenance? man who replaced the chair was not in any sort of uniform and gave no identification except that when he arrived at door he knew it was the chair that was faulty. Had I been on my own, I wouldn't have been keen to let him in.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton EMEA, Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your DoubleTree by Hilton Aberdeen City Centre reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Doubletree By Hilton Aberdeen City Centre Hotel Aberdeen
- Doubletree Aberdeen City Centre
- Hilton International Aberdeen
- Patio Hotel Aberdeen
- Aberdeen Hotel Patio
- DoubleTree By Hilton Aberdeen City Centre Scotland