“OK BUT LOCATION NOT GREAT”

DoubleTree by Hilton Aberdeen City Centre
Ranked #20 of 65 Hotels in Aberdeen
Reviewed June 24, 2014

We are regular Hilton customers but were not overly impressed with this hotel. Rooms good, well equipped and very clean. Staff all excellent and welcoming. Breakfast very disappointing poor selection on the continental breakfast all cheese prepacked, meat limited and no fish. If your deal includes continental breakfast it is £10 extra to upgrade to any cooked dishes. We did not have the cooked as ir did not look tempting and I was informed that the hot was not over hot so did not bother. My feelings on location are mixed, for city centre restaurants and bars it is a long walk however for sightseeing it was OK, we walked to Footdee and Old Aberdeen on the Esplanade. In the evenings it took 20 minutes to get to the restaurants we had booked in the centre.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
Hemant M, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Aberdeen City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded June 26, 2014

Thank you aplpdf22, for reviewing your recent stay on TripAdvisor. I am disappointed to hear that your were unhappy with the selection for continental breakfast and I apologise if the selection was not up to your expectations. I will share your feedback with our Head Chef and Restaurant Manager. As for the location of the hotel, we are situated on the beach front, with plenty amenities around the hotel. However, if you do wish to go into the Town Centre, we are on a bus route (number 15) which will take you into the Town Centre. On a more positive note, I am pleased to hear that you found all staff excellent and welcoming, I will be sure to share your feedback with them.

Many thanks for your feedback.

Reviewed June 24, 2014

Loved our stay at double tree hilton in aberdeen friendly staff, great location. The leisure facilities were top class as were the food and bar. We were also offered the room upgrade for a mere ten pounds and the upgraded suite was on two floors , this was a great plus to an overall excellent stay. I would highly recomend the double tree hilton to anyone planning a stay in the granite city.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Dear John W, thank you for reviewing your stay with us. Its really great to hear that you had an excellent stay with us. I’m especially pleased to hear that you enjoyed your duplex suite. Thanks too for your comments about our leisure facilities and our food and bar, I will be sure to pass on your kind words to our Leisure Club Manager, Head Chef and Restaurant and Bar Manager.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed June 22, 2014

Friendly competent staff, warm cookie on arrival an added bonus. Standard room basic but very clean with good TV Chanel selection and nice selection of toiletries. The only downside of the room was that wifi is only available at an added cost ( can't remember how much, but do remember that I thought it was too expensive) in this day and age I would expect free internet from a hotel of this standard. Breakfast was good with a varied selection of cold and hot food. The big plus side is that there is parking provided at hotel and only a 15-20 walk into Aberdeen town where parking is a premium, if you can find a space!!

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
Hemant M, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Aberdeen City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded June 23, 2014

Dear Gaynorfeeney, thank you for reviewing your stay with us. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us, especially your warm cookie on arrival. I am sorry to hear of your disappointment with regards the wifi. We do charge for wifi in the bedrooms but it is free in all the public areas of the hotel and if you upgrade to our Platinum Club wifi is complementary.

Thanks again for your feedback and I look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed June 18, 2014

My partner & booked this hotel for one night we got through a deal & having been at various Hiltons down in London we was expecting very similar (always been very good stays). Was slightly disappointed at a few things. Our room was quite small, we felt it was very dated & needed vamped especially the bathroom. We found it very small, damp marks on the roof & hadn't been cleaned properly as there was a dead bug on the floor amongst dust underneath the sink. We had a queen bed & the mattress is very hard (incase you have back problems) but we didn't find this a problem as we still had a good nights sleep. Breakfast was disappointing, the food was just warm not hot! & that was at 8 a.m. However the staff were very friendly, always said hello etc, check in wasn't a problem, they were very helpful & got greeted with a warm cookie. It states that its based city centre which it isn't but we knew that before booking as we didn't want to stay in the centre which isn't a problem for us (but for others it could be misleading, its down at the beach). This wouldn't stop us from staying at another Hilton as i said before i have been to a few & always found them great.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
Hemant M, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Aberdeen City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded June 19, 2014

Dear Judy M, thank you for reviewing your recent stay with us. I am disappointed to hear of the issues you raise regarding your stay and I apologise if we have let you down on this occasion. Please accept my apologies as this is not the standard we aim to deliver to our guests. I have shared your feedback with our Head Housekeeper and our Head Chef. On a more positive note, I am pleased to hear that our staff were friendly and helpful and will share your feedback with them, they will be delighted to hear that.

Thanks again for your feedback and I hope you will notice the improvements we have made on any future visits you may have.

Reviewed June 18, 2014

Have stayed here a couple of years ago and the place is much the same. Very nice room but too far out of the city for me - OK If the weather is nice but this is Aberdeen ! Only complaint is that I opted for the quick check-out ie. key drop. After 2 weeks I still haven't received my invoice (supposed to be posted), so can't claim my expenses yet.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank JimM6_10

Dear JimM6_10, thank you for reviewing your recent stay. I am disappointed to hear that you find the location of the hotel too far out of the city for you. There are great amenities close by and we do offer our guests free parking which is not available at most other city centre hotels.

With regards your invoice - I would be grateful if you could contact our Hotel Administrator, Yvonne Gillespie, on Yvonne.gillespie@hilton.com, with the details of when you stayed and she will make arrangements for your invoice to be sent to you as soon as possible. Please accept my apologies that this has not yet been done.

Thanks again for your feedback.

Reviewed June 17, 2014

We stayed at this hotel for a one night weekend stay and it was excellent. We were staying in the Platinum Club and the staff were very attentive and very pleasant. The rooms were excellent. Would highly recommend this hotel.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Hemant M, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Aberdeen City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded June 18, 2014

Dear Susan O, thank you for sharing your experience on TripAdvisor. It is so pleasing to hear such positive words and we are delighted to hear that your stay was excellent. The whole team will be pleased to hear your comments when I tell them. Many thanks again and hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed June 15, 2014

The omelettes prepared by chef Kate in Platinum Club are excellent and so is her attitude towards guests. I did enjoy my few stays over there. I recommend this place to everybody especially those who travel a lot to Aberdeen.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank Anna W
Hemant M, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Aberdeen City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded June 17, 2014

Thank you Anna W, for reviewing your recent stay with us. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed the omelettes prepared by our chef in Platinum and I will be sure to share your kind words with her. I am also delighted to hear how much you enjoy your stays in our Platinum Club and look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Thanks again for your feedback.