I stayed at this hotel this week.
The room was awful! The tap over the sink was plumbed in incorrectly, with the hot and cold feed fitted the opposite way round to the taps hot/cold indicators, so when I went to wash my mouth out, having cleaned my teeth, I ended up filling my mouth with boiling hot water!
Also the air conditioning didn't have a dial to adjust the temperature (it looked like it had broken off) and there wasn't actually an off button, the only way to shut it up (I'd liken the sound/volume to a 747 starting up) was to tell it to both heat and cool at the same time, although after about 2 hours it'd restart itself, and due to the noise, wake me up.
Then there were the paper thin walls/door, which meant that I could hear every single person walking past my room, and opening the door in the hallway just outside my room. And of course I could hear everything going on in the rooms above me, and either side of me. Great...
Also the solid bed left me with back ache the following morning, and breakfast looked like it'd been sat there for several days, a prime example being the pancakes which were absolutely solid! Maybe they could use those to improve the sound proofing in the rooms!
Then there was the internet, which we had to pay £15 for, which wasn't working, at least they had the sense to remove this from the bill.
The hotel is in dire need of a refurb, with wall paper coming away form the walls and the bathroom having mould around the bath, but I doubt that will happen any time soon!
Having paid £275 for the room for 1 night, I'm less than impressed. I stay in at least 8 different hotels each month all around Europe, and this is one of the worst. We usually stay in the Hilton Garden Inn, which is an excellent hotel, but the only hotel left with rooms available for our stay was the Doubletree. Now it all becomes clear why it was the only hotel with rooms available.....
Also as a side note, I'm not sure how they get away with saying that its in the city centre, when it clearly isn't!
So to sum up, it has to be one of the worst hotels in Aberdeen, especially for the price. Aberdeen hotel rooms are always pricey, but this one is the worst in terms of quality/price ratio! avoid at all costs!
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Orbitz, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your DoubleTree by Hilton Aberdeen City Centre reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Doubletree By Hilton Aberdeen City Centre Hotel Aberdeen
- Doubletree Aberdeen City Centre
- Hilton International Aberdeen
- Patio Hotel Aberdeen
- Aberdeen Hotel Patio
- DoubleTree By Hilton Aberdeen City Centre Scotland