“Aberdeen Business”

DoubleTree by Hilton Aberdeen City Centre
Ranked #19 of 65 Hotels in Aberdeen
Reviewed October 16, 2013

Travelling on business all my expenses are paid but if you're on holiday this is not the hotel for you. Room I had had blown bulbs, cracked sink and a shower that leaked over the bathroom floor. Minibars are no longer in any Hilton hotel rooms which I think is a big step back for Hilton. At almost £300 a night a very poor quality hotel in general.

1  Thank William S
Gavin C, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Aberdeen City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded November 19, 2013

Dear William S. Thanks for your review, and I'm very sorry for the maintenance issues which you experienced. We have addressed the points you mentioned, and are systematically replacing basins in the bathrooms which require it. Although not a full minibar, our Platinum Club rooms do have mini-fridges with complimentary soft drinks and chocolates. We are all working hard at the hotel to improve the service and facilities, and I hope you will notice these improvements on your next stay. Best regards. Gavin.

Reviewed October 15, 2013

Staying here on a business trip and looking forward to Friday to leave. This is the most three star hotel and does not deserve any more. Rooms are dated, not so clean and smelly. This is disgrace for a both Double tree and Hilton. Staff is decent, same as breakfast but hope I do not stay here ever again.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business

Dear HAeBA. I'm sorry to hear via TripAdvisor that your room was not to standard when you stayed. We clean and check our rooms on a daily basis, so I apologise if anything was missed, and had we known at the time, we most certainly would have put things right for you. I hope you will consider staying again, and that you will have a much better experience next time. Best regards. Gavin.

Reviewed October 13, 2013

Staff was cheerful and helpful - treated everyone as if they were the ONLY guest. Their advise was accurate on non Hotel things, like how long it takes to get to certain areas, local sites of interest, when to take a taxi and when to walk... etc... Breakfast was outstanding, and staff were excellent. It made Breakfast a high point of the day! Bed was lumpy, and static noises frequently came from TV. But in fairness, I did not report these, as I should have.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Dear Joel Craig W. Thanks for choosing to stay at DoubleTree by Hilton for your business trip, and I'm delighted to hear that you had such a positive experience with our staff - they'll be very pleased to hear your comments. However, my apologies for the issues with the bed and TV which I've asked our maintenance team to investigate. We hope you'll visit again soon and that it will be problem-free. Best regards. Gavin.

Reviewed October 12, 2013

A good comfortable and generally quiet hotel with helpful staff; it is located on the outskirts of the town but there is a decent taxi service to and from. Good choice and quality of food for breakfast/dinner.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Dear John D. Thanks for taking the time to write a review. I'm glad that you found the hotel to be comfortable and that you enjoyed your meals at the hotel - we have recently introduced new bar and restaurant menus, as well as daily specials. I was especially pleased to hear that you found the staff helpful and I'll make sure that I pass on your feedback to the team. Many thanks again. Gavin.

Reviewed October 12, 2013

4th time back at this hotel and this experience is as good as the rest. Everything is first class and the staff are very helpful. Pool and SPA was excellent and well regulated. Look out for the flash sales that make these breaks cheaper than basic hotels,
Easy to find with free parking and 100 yards from the beach.

Room Tip: Upgrade to club is well worth the extra
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank TOMinRedcar
Gavin C, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Aberdeen City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2013

Dear TOMinRedcar, thanks for writing such a positive review; we're very happy to read it and will share it with the team. As you mentioned, we often have Getaway deals on our doubletree.com website, which offer excellent value for money, and we hope you'll book one again soon. Thanks again for your feedback. Gavin.

Reviewed October 10, 2013

This hotel I have stayed at throughout the summer, I can say the staff area credit to the company , the hotel is clean , the decor however is quite dated , great but small gym facilities , set in a lovely location, close to the beach and a short walk to the town centre.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business

Thanks for your review, Austin J, and it's great to hear your positive comments. I'll make sure to share your feedback with the staff, as they will be delighted to hear your comments. Regarding the décor, we have refurbished 90 Classic guest rooms, and I will keep you updated on any future plans for refurbishment of our other rooms. Hope to see you again soon. Gavin.

Reviewed October 9, 2013

Overall a very enjoyable experience until I had to settle the bill. If you book early enough its reasonable for a Double Tree by that I mean beyond four weeks prior to your stay. After that you could be looking at £294/night like it cost me.

Dear Barry L.
Many thanks for your review, and it's great to hear that you had an enjoyable experience at DoubleTree by Hilton. I do agree that the best rates can be found when booking well in advance, and our Advance Purchase rates and Special Offers are especially competitive. Thanks for your feedback, and we hope to see you again soon.