“Spa Day!!”

DoubleTree by Hilton Aberdeen City Centre
Ranked #18 of 65 Hotels in Aberdeen
Reviewed September 10, 2013

This was the worse spa day I have been too! It was a half day spa deal costing £80 this included 2 mini treatments and meal (no starter or dessert) from a choice of 4 items on menu.
We where seated in what resembled a basic leisure/sport centre reception, the chairs where uncomfortable and there was nothing to do apart from sit there!!! and that was it! no comfy loungers to relax on for the afternoon. So basically it was like sitting in a waiting room in your dressing gown waiting to have your 2 mini treatments. You could use the pool which is visible from sitting area or go into the gym, we did not use either as it was meant to be a chill out day.
The showers in the changing rooms where filthy with mould all around the frames.
The girls who did the mini treatments where nice, although both done in about 20mins.
Not worth £80 for half day spa, especially as the facilities where so basic and not at all what you would expect for a Hilton Hotel, my local leisure centre offers more for £20.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Lori G
Gavin C, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Aberdeen City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded November 28, 2013

Dear Lori G. Thanks for your feedback regarding your spa day. It's very disappointing to hear your comments, and I'm very sorry that we did not meet your expectations. Our spa days are usually very well received, which makes it all the more disappointing. I will be sharing your feedback with our Spa Manager to see how we can address the issues you mentioned, and I hope you will give us another chance and visit the spa on a future occasion. Many thanks once again. Gavin.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,471)

994 - 1,000 of 1,471 reviews

Reviewed September 9, 2013

My wife and I have just returned from a 2 night stay in a duplex suite at the Doubletree aberdeen
The accommodation was excellent as usual but a couple of things were not up to standard. 1) the room was not available at the booking in time a disappointment as the duplex suites are the top rooms in the hotel
2) the bar had no cointreau available and the wine selection was overpriced The breakfast service was excellent as usual. Other than these two points a relaxing weekend

X

Room Tip: Go for the platinum rooms at the rear of the hotel overlooking the beach The difference in price is...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank inglenook10
Gavin C, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Aberdeen City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded November 29, 2013

Dear inglenook10. Thanks for staying with us, and I'm glad you had a relaxing weekend in one of our duplex suites. They are extremely popular with our guests, and I'm sorry if there was a delay before checking in. Apologies too for the lack of Cointreau when you visited; I'm pleased to let you know that we now have a plentiful stock of Cointreau, and a new wine list was introduced just 3 weeks ago. Thanks again for your feedback, and I hope you will return again soon. Best regards. Gavin.

Reviewed September 5, 2013

I get really grumpy if my sleep is disturbed, my sleep was disturbed by some young woman giggling and laughing really loudly first in the corridor then from the atrium where reception is! It was a shame because the hotel is in a great position close to the beach, Asda, town centre, football ground. There was ample car parking and allowed me to park in car park after check out time. The evening meals were really nice and well presented 10 out of ten. The staff were friendly and helpful. I would choose this hotel again but maybe a quieter room...although it was not the room but a noisy person. Grrrrrr

Room Tip: Dont have a room that overlooks the atrium.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank David L

Dear David L. Many thanks for your review, and I'm very pleased to hear that you were happy with the hotel, its location and the staff. However, please accept my apologies for the disturbed sleep. If you have the chance to stay again, please let me know, and I will do my best to allocate you a quieter room. Best regards. Gavin.

Reviewed September 5, 2013

Since this was a Doubletree Hotel by Hilton, I was really expecting the establishment to be first rate. However, I found things to be quite average; my stay was ok, but not special. The best things about the hotel is that it is very close to the beach (3 minutes walk) and fairly close to the city center/main shopping district (15 minutes walk). I did find it odd that the hotel doesn't offer its guests free wifi--it's only free in the lobby.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Kaitlyn M
Gavin C, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Aberdeen City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded December 13, 2013

Dear Kaitlyn M. Thanks for taking the time to post a review. I'm disappointed to hear that you found things to be only average, as our aim is always to ensure our guests have a great stay. We take all of our guests' feedback on board so that we can improve the service and facilities we offer. Our Platinum Club especially receives many positive comments, and also has free wifi throughout, and hopefully you will have the chance to stay there some time in the future. Best regards. Gavin.

Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

The hotel is relatively close but not in the center. The staff is unfortunately not very efficient. Often mistakes with the taxi orders in the morning are done. Also the rooms towards the sea can be very cold when there are windy conditions. The beds though are the usual good Hilton beds and pillows, so one can get a good sleep.

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank SamGeo
Reviewed September 2, 2013

Decent hotel.. not *fantastic*, but nothing to complain about. Staff were very helpful and let us check in to a room early (11am) cos we had a wedding to go to during the day. Were giving cookies on arrival too, which was nice. They also let us check out a little late so we could sleep in in the morning. Got a decent discount too - £57 for a double for the night from hotels.com
This didnt include breakfast so i can't comment on food.
£15 per day seems very steep for wifi access in the room.
My view was terrible (not that i was bothered) - i faced a concrete block wall.. but my fiancee's room was the same type and you could just about see the sea from it. It's probably a bit of a lottery!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 2, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here on the last Friday and Saturday in August. Stayed here in February and this stay was so much better. On speaking to reception I understand there is a new GM, chef and leisure club manager and it shows. Great check in really nice large clean room (premier) and well cooked and tasty food (confit duck). Breakfast was good apart from the fried eggs on the buffet at 1030 were a bit rubbery althiugh fresh ones were brought out when requested. Lovely pool nice and warm and qute quiet.

• Stayed: August 2013