“Tired and dirty ,won't return!”

DoubleTree by Hilton Aberdeen City Centre
Ranked #19 of 65 Hotels in Aberdeen
Reviewed July 23, 2013 via mobile

Service was ok, food was good. The rooms ...broken toilet seat, dirty bath, torn shower curtain, broken tap, dirty walls, no air con, stair carpet was taped with black tape!! Health hazard !! Very disappointed and surprised Hilton are associated with such poor standards. I won't be back.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank Wenders18
Hemant M, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Aberdeen City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded August 15, 2013

Dear guest, it goes without saying that I would like to offer my sincerely apologies for the problem you encountered and specifically regarding the bathroom facility on this occasion which we are currently working on extensive refurbishment plan for our bathrooms.
As you are aware we have resolved the matter directly and up to your satisfaction, I sincerely hope you would give us an opportunity in future and to see for yourselves how things has progressed.

Reviewed July 22, 2013

We have stayed in this hotel on many occasions as we like area and find the hotel to be very nice. This time we booked the duplex suit which has its bedroom on a different level. After check in we went to our room had a quick look around before heading out. We noticed the temperature was very hot and the upstairs had no window to open, with the hot temperature outside we went to reception & asked if they had any fans. They said they did & one would be put in our room. When we returned later on, no fan was there and we found some faults with the room we hadn't noticed earlier, the mini bar was half empty with open cans of juice in it and the sofa was very wet. I returned to reception who said they would sort it and get the fan they promised. I did say I would go buy one from the local shop if they had none but they insisted they would put one in my room. Long story short I asked for a fan another three times and every time I was told they had them and would send one to my room... I'm still waiting! If they had just said "sorry but we don't have any" I would have nipped over to Asda and picked one up for £15, as it happened I gave in asking at 10pm and tried to go get one only to find the shops had shut. I mentioned this to reception when I came back to the hotel only to get promised one again. Regards the mini bar I left the half open cans at reception and nothing was filled up and I'm sure the sofa dried with the extreme heat in the room. I really did love the hotel but I think we might try somewhere else in Aberdeen the next time we visit. I just got the impression that reception said yes we will help writing your request on a piece of paper then throwing it in the bin when your back is turned.
No sleep that night due to heat, my wife tried to sleep on a chair downstairs which we really should not have to do.
The only good thing was the breakfast, the chef was very nice and friendly if it wasn't for him it would only be one star.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Aissum
Hemant M, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Aberdeen City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2013

Dear Aissum, thank you for your comments, clearly we have failed to deliver the experience our guests expect and I am very sorry that has been allowed to happen, I will be certain to speak to the team and address this matter promptly and we will use your comments to ensure that ongoing staff training is appropriate in particular communication between departments to minimising any issues in the future. Please accept my sincere apologies.

Kind regards

Reviewed July 22, 2013

I resently stayed 1 night at tne Hilton Doubletree Hotel for business and found the hotel to be very clean and the staff to be very friendly and helpful. I would recomend this hotel to anyone wishing to stay in Aberdeen.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for your recent feedback Steven, I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back at Doubletree by Hilton Aberdeen in near future.

Reviewed July 21, 2013

Looks like people have had a mixed experience here. I have to say mine was very pleasant. Hotels in Aberdeen are massively over priced so I am not going to moan about that - its all been said before. good location on the seafront. on the first night the view from my ground floor room was blocked by a huge traveller encampment! However they disappeared early the next morning. Hardly the hotel's fault and they were quite embarrassed by the whole thing. Ah well, travellers have to park somewhere. The room itself was comfortable and quite spacious with complimentary wi fi. There is a pool and a gym with a lounge where you can eat an evening meal if you wish. We ate in the main hotel and the food was good. All of the staff were very helpful and courteous. As a frequent traveller to Aberdeen I would definitely stay here again. As I said earlier it looks as though other people had a different experience to me but I am glad I ended up there for a couple of nights.

Room Tip: You might prefer an upstairs room if the travellers come back!!
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for your feedback, I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us at Doubletree by Hilton Aberdeen and I will be certain to share your positive comments with the team. I am extremely grateful you took time out of your busy schedule to share your experience and I look forward to welcoming you back soon

Reviewed July 18, 2013

Hotel rooms are tiny for the rates charged. Breakfast food is very poor, not replenished regularly, constantly having to chase staff for tea and coffees, to refill juice jugs etc. Staff to check there information

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Dear Catherine, thank you for your comment, I was disappointed to read that you did not enjoy the breakfast at the hotel as our Hilton breakfast buffet offers variety of items and we generally receive positive feedback on the presentation and choices available, and can reassure this is one off. I will be certain to share your feedback with the team. Thank you once again.

Reviewed July 18, 2013

We stayed at this hotel, and was a special weekend away we opted to pay extra and stayed in 'the platinum suite' I wish I hadnt. The sink was blocked due to a broken plughole plunger, an easy fix by hotel staff. Ended up using the bath with a dripping shower on our heads to brush teeth, wash hands etc. Wasnt fixed next day and we had to pack up and move rooms. Any capable diy person could have fixed this in 20 mins. After moving rooms this was an extra ordinarily hot room. No aircon in the new platinum suite, room was very hot and stuffy. Made for an unpleasant sleep and sore stuffy headaches, not what i would expect of a hotel of this standard. Rooms were roomy and very clean no pronble there, but lack of aircon made for uncomfortable stay. Did mention at reception, was told there was no air con in building so not a lot can be done. Would not stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Alastair F
Hemant M, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Aberdeen City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded July 20, 2013

Dear Alastair, as you are aware we have sent you detailed response, as said earlier it goes without saying that I would like to offer my sincere apologies for the problems you encountered on this occasion. It was very disappointing to hear your comments, and I am sorry that you had such poor experience during your recent stay. Needless to say, we will be addressing the issues you brought up. However I believe this to be one-off incident hence I would urge you to email me directly on your next visit to welcome you personally and be able to reinstate your faith in Doubletree by Hilton Aberdeen.

Reviewed July 15, 2013

My husband and I were traveling around the UK for two-weeks. We had stayed at the Doubletree by Hilton Aberdeen City Centre during a previous trip in July 2010. The hotel is one block walk from the beach/North Sea. It's a sand beach and very lovely. As it is usually quite chilly and gray in Aberdeen it is not your usual 'beach area.' No one was swimming (too cold) and no one was sunbathing (no sun, or intermittent sun). Most people just walk the street that runs along the beach.

We stayed in the Platinum Club (there are two different buildings separated by a small parking lot). As I am a Hilton Honors Diamond member, I was upgraded to this building which has the water views. Room was large, well-appointed and comfortable. Drinks and snacks in the small refrigerator in the room were complimentary, a nice change from all those hotel refrigerators stocked with over-priced mini-bar offerings. There was the usual tea tray with yummy short-bread cookies. Breakfast was in a comfy and well-appointed lounge area with large windows looking out toward the water. A small bottle of red wine was send up because of my HH status, which is a lovely touch to have a glass of wine in the room as we unwind from traveling.

When we first arrived, we were put in a room that faced the parking lot. A shout-out to Karla at reception who was very kind to find us a water view room upon our request! It made all the difference in the comfort of our stay. Thank you Karla!

Breakfast is the usual English/Scottish buffet, but there was also a cook making eggs based on your request at the buffet. Coffee is terrible, so I drank tea during this visit.

Room Tip: We had room 507 in the Platinum Club.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ElizRes

Dear ElizRes, thank you for taking the time to provide such detailed feedback, I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us at Doubletree by Hilton Aberdeen, I will be certain to share your positive comment with my team in particular with Karla who is a an absolute fantastic team member and an asset to us.
Thank you again and I look forward to welcoming you back in future