“Better at premier inn” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of DoubleTree by Hilton Aberdeen City Centre

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
DoubleTree by Hilton Aberdeen City Centre
Ranked #20 of 64 Hotels in Aberdeen
aberdeen, United Kingdom
“Better at premier inn”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2013

We stayed at this hotel, and was a special weekend away we opted to pay extra and stayed in 'the platinum suite' I wish I hadnt. The sink was blocked due to a broken plughole plunger, an easy fix by hotel staff. Ended up using the bath with a dripping shower on our heads to brush teeth, wash hands etc. Wasnt fixed next day and we had to pack up and move rooms. Any capable diy person could have fixed this in 20 mins. After moving rooms this was an extra ordinarily hot room. No aircon in the new platinum suite, room was very hot and stuffy. Made for an unpleasant sleep and sore stuffy headaches, not what i would expect of a hotel of this standard. Rooms were roomy and very clean no pronble there, but lack of aircon made for uncomfortable stay. Did mention at reception, was told there was no air con in building so not a lot can be done. Would not stay here again.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

1 Thank Alastair F
Hemant M, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Aberdeen City Centre, responded to this review, July 20, 2013
Dear Alastair, as you are aware we have sent you detailed response, as said earlier it goes without saying that I would like to offer my sincere apologies for the problems you encountered on this occasion. It was very disappointing to hear your comments, and I am sorry that you had such poor experience during your recent stay. Needless to say, we will be addressing the issues you brought up. However I believe this to be one-off incident hence I would urge you to email me directly on your next visit to welcome you personally and be able to reinstate your faith in Doubletree by Hilton Aberdeen.
Hemant

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (254)
  • Polish first
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2013

My husband and I were traveling around the UK for two-weeks. We had stayed at the Doubletree by Hilton Aberdeen City Centre during a previous trip in July 2010. The hotel is one block walk from the beach/North Sea. It's a sand beach and very lovely. As it is usually quite chilly and gray in Aberdeen it is not your usual 'beach area.' No one was swimming (too cold) and no one was sunbathing (no sun, or intermittent sun). Most people just walk the street that runs along the beach.

We stayed in the Platinum Club (there are two different buildings separated by a small parking lot). As I am a Hilton Honors Diamond member, I was upgraded to this building which has the water views. Room was large, well-appointed and comfortable. Drinks and snacks in the small refrigerator in the room were complimentary, a nice change from all those hotel refrigerators stocked with over-priced mini-bar offerings. There was the usual tea tray with yummy short-bread cookies. Breakfast was in a comfy and well-appointed lounge area with large windows looking out toward the water. A small bottle of red wine was send up because of my HH status, which is a lovely touch to have a glass of wine in the room as we unwind from traveling.

When we first arrived, we were put in a room that faced the parking lot. A shout-out to Karla at reception who was very kind to find us a water view room upon our request! It made all the difference in the comfort of our stay. Thank you Karla!

Breakfast is the usual English/Scottish buffet, but there was also a cook making eggs based on your request at the buffet. Coffee is terrible, so I drank tea during this visit.

Room Tip: We had room 507 in the Platinum Club.
1 Thank ElizRes
Dear ElizRes, thank you for taking the time to provide such detailed feedback, I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us at Doubletree by Hilton Aberdeen, I will be certain to share your positive comment with my team in particular with Karla who is a an absolute fantastic team member and an asset to us.
Thank you again and I look forward to welcoming you back in future

Newton Abbot, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2013

Very friendly and helpful staff, even to the extent of giving driving instructions on how to find the hotel from the airport. The rooms were clean, the bed was comfortable and there was plenty of hot water available for showers and baths.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

1 Thank Kate J
Hemant M, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Aberdeen City Centre, responded to this review, July 12, 2013
Dear Kate, thank you for sharing your feedback with us and I am glad that my team looked after you well, I will be certain to share your feedback with them. I look forward to welcoming back to Doubletree by Hilton Aberdeen soon

Larkhall, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2013

Can't wait to get back to this hotel! We always book into the platinum bedrooms, there not that much more expensive and are worth every penny. The rooms are so spacious with sofa and chairs, table, desk tv and massive bed. The bathroom is of adequate size and has always been very clean. On arrival yourp receive a hot cookie and have a mini fridge in your room full with juice and sweets for you to enjoy. The views are splendid looking over the sea and brilliant on a clear day. The location is great there is lots of restaurants a five min walk down at the sea..with lots to do including cinema theme park and penny arcades. The hotel has great car parking and the swimming pool and gym are great, this is Definately a worthwhile hotel to stay in!

Room Tip: Platinum room!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Dear guest, I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for sharing your experience on Tripadvisor and I look forward to welcoming you back soon

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2013

Very enjoyable overnight stay in a very comfortable room in the Platinum club section of this hotel. I think we were upgraded. Spotlessly clean, spacious room and friendly, helpful staff. We also received a complimentary drink and canapes. The hotel is in a good location not far from the city centre with free parking.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Dear guest, I am absolutely delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for sharing your experience on Tripadvisor and I look forward to welcoming you back soon

Acworth, Georgia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 4, 2013

I stayed at the DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Aberdeen City Centre location on June 10, 2013 by redeeming Hilton Honors points.

The room conditions met my expectations, (spacious, clean) and the Night Manager,
Gavin Cheung was very attentive to the needs of my family and should be recognized for his pleasant nature, speedy service and “can-do” attitude.

However, the dining room experience was extremely poor. It took over 20 minutes for wait staff to come to our table after being seated, our Scotch and wine selections were not available and we waited for nearly 40 minutes for our food after order. Other guests who had been seated after us were waited on and received their food orders before we were served!
I was totally underwhelmed by the dining room service and would not eat there again.

My last comment about the Doubletree was the hotel policy of providing complimentary internet access (three hours) in the lobby area. This is an odd policy and it was a hassle to keep inquiring with the front desk clerk to obtain a new access code which would only allow one device per code. In total, my family had three smart phones, a laptop computer and a Kindle tablet. The process of gaining complimentary internet access was tedious and illogical.

Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank v s
Dear Guest, it goes without saying that I would like to offer my sincere apologies for the problems you encountered on this occasion specifically with dining experience, I have taken your comment on board and will be definitely sharing with my team in particular with my Head chef and Restaurant Manager. I can assure lessons will be learnt from mistakes and your feedback to improve our service and standards. I extremely pleased that my colleague Gavin looked after and I will be certain to share your positive comment with him.
Hemant

Travelers are raving about these Aberdeen hotels

Middlesbrough, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2013

Great hotel and within walking distance of Aberdeen beach. Bed so comfortable I miss it. Breakfast excellent and fitness facilities good. I will definitely return. Platinum club accomodation would benefit from covered walkway over to fitness centre and pool/steam room/sauna/jacuzzi.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Hemant M, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Aberdeen City Centre, responded to this review, July 5, 2013
Dear Dorothy, I am absolutely delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for sharing your experience on Tripadvisor and I look forward to welcoming you back soon