“Great hotel”

DoubleTree by Hilton Aberdeen City Centre
Ranked #19 of 65 Hotels in Aberdeen
Reviewed April 6, 2013 via mobile

I am hhonors diamond member. I generally stay between here and garden inn. The hotel is very good and always get an upgrade to the platinum section at the back which is like a separate hotel. The rooms are really nice and the staff are always very friendly. You get a cookie and a drinks voucher which goes above the minimum and is appreciated. Nice leisure centre. Beautiful views over the beach. Only real downside is the slight walk to town but it is only 10 to 15 minutes but equally at times it's nice to be surrounded by masses of grass and the sea. I still don't think the breakfast is that of a Hilton as scrambled eggs are solid but maybe I'm just being too picky! Highly recommend and if your not a diamond, I recommend you pay for the platinum or get the e upgrade as it is worth it!

• Stayed: February 2013
Hemant M, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Aberdeen City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded April 15, 2013

Dear guest,
Thank you for your feedback, I am delighted that you had an enjoyable stay with us at Doubletree by Hilton in Aberdeen and I am very grateful that you took time to comment in Trip advisor.
I look forward to welcoming you back in future

Reviewed April 6, 2013

Living off the DoubleTree brand...not up to the brand reputation, not as close to the city center as I expected, very disorganized. Next month I will be staying at the Jury Inn which has immediate access to taxis, a shopping center (including starbucks! and a number of food outlets), lower cost for internet. Speaking of which, the internet is expensive and the service is horribly slow - of course the hotels primary concern was their disclaimer not to service the customer

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business

Dear Joseph

Thank you for your recent feedback, please accept my apologies for the problems you encountered on this occasion, specifically around slow service and cleanliness. We are just about to complete refurbishment of the Restaurant and this will include complete revamp of our offerings including team members training to launch new product.

I hope you choose to visit us in the future and see for yourselves how things have progressed.

Reviewed April 3, 2013

Although the hotel and staff were very helpful, the hotel bills itself as city centre.

Its a good 10/15 minute walk out of the town centre past residential estates. Was a bit of a trek with heavy bags!

Decent hotel with a pool and pleasent bar area. The upgrade "elite" rooms are housed in a seperate building just adjacent to the main hotel, was nice but a little run down.

Would stay again if you wanted to be close to the beach, better to stay at the Hilton Garden Inn , in the actual town centre though which I gave a glowing review to!

Room Tip: Upgrade to the premier suits at rear if avaliable! Much nicer than the main hotel with bigger rooms!
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,
First of all I will pass on your positive feedback to the team as they are a great bunch of people who are working hard to improve the guest’s experience when staying with us.

On your comment regarding distance to city centre, I can confirm Doubletree by Hilton Aberdeen is 1 mile from the train / bus station, 0.6 miles to town centre (I leave to our guest to decide the walking distance) and of course 2 minutes walk to the beach, also to highlight we offer free car park to all our guest unlike most hotels of similar standard and location don’t or there is a charge of hefty amount.

Once again thank you very much for your feedback and I look forward to welcoming back

Reviewed April 2, 2013

Hotel 15 minute walk from Union street and 5 minutes from seafront great location clean hotel easy parking in grounds rooms could be a bit more modern,but all in all pretty good for a city break.Staff friendly and helpful breakfast was very nice and plentiful

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your feedback David, I am delighted that you had an enjoyable stay with us at Doubletree by Hilton in Aberdeen and I am very grateful that you took time to comment in Trip advisor.

I look forward to welcoming you back in future

Reviewed April 1, 2013

Overall stay was ok but could have been so much better.Keycard didn't work and had to phone down to get tv sorted and safe opened.They were quickly fixed but for a 4 star hotel shouldn't really happen in the first place.The pool was fine but one of the saunas and the steam room was out of use which was a disappointment,luckily the weather was good so we didn't spend much time in pool-we would have been a bit more upset if the weather had been bad.We only ate dinner in the hotel 1 night but despite it being 7.30 and only 7 people in restaurant they could only provide 1 portion of the starter we both wanted.Apart from that the meal was lovely,the room was nice and the staff were helpful.little niggles that could easily be fixed but downgraded my review

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple

Hi Angela
Thank you for your recent feedback, please accept my apologies for the problems you encountered on this occasion, specifically with our leisure club. We did have mechanical problems and can now confirm the issue has been rectified. I’m sure you can appreciate that these things do happen from time to time and are somewhat out with our control.

I am glad you enjoyed the service provided by my team and I would certainly will share your feedback with them.

I have raised the matter surrounding your dining experience with my head chef and apologise for the obvious inconvenience caused on this occasion, thank you for bringing it to my attention.

Reviewed March 29, 2013

I took a friend for dinner here as had thought with it being a 4star hotel it would be nice..... Big mistake. The restaurant service was appalling, the food bland, undercooked and swimming in grease (fried haddock). The party of 4 next to us were complaining as they had waited 25 minutes for a pint they had ordered and then when it came it was cloudy. Their meals were served at different times and coffees were delayed also.

The waiter asked me if we wanted our prosecco chilled? Is this not standard when ordering a bottle of fizz?? He also came across disinterested and bored when taking our order and serving us our meal. We will not be returning. It is a shame, as this perfectly positioned hotel, near to the seafront, shops, cinema and a stroll to union street could be a good hotel with perhaps better trained staff and a new chef.

Room Tip: I would not stay here, very disorganised and unprofessional Hilton hotel.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank EATOUTLOADS
Hemant M, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Aberdeen City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded March 30, 2013

Dear Guest
Thank you for sharing your feedback on trip advisor following your recent visit at Doubletree by Hilton Aberdeen, please accept my apologies for the problems you encountered on this occasion

I have raised your concerns with my Restaurant Manager and Head Chef and have asked them to look into the situation you have described and to provide further training to the team involved.

We are just about to complete refurbishment of the restaurant and this will include a complete overhaul of the buffet area, lounge / atrium area and have new Head Chef starting soon. I hope you are able to experience our new offering in the future and thank you again for your feedback

Reviewed March 29, 2013

This hotel was great and the staff were really helpful. The rooms were clean and I had a problem with the hairdryer but it was sorted promptly. The breakfast was great and we enjoyed our stay. I left the power cable for our laptop in the room and when I phoned the staff were brilliant they found it immediately and put it in the post for us. I would definitely use the hotel again.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for your feedback Jane, I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us on this occasion and hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to Doubletree by Hilton Aberdeen in future. I will certainly share your comment with my staff