“Doubletree excellent location”

Ranked #19 of 65 Hotels in Aberdeen
Falkirk, United Kingdom
“Doubletree excellent location”
Reviewed April 2, 2013

Hotel 15 minute walk from Union street and 5 minutes from seafront great location clean hotel easy parking in grounds rooms could be a bit more modern,but all in all pretty good for a city break.Staff friendly and helpful breakfast was very nice and plentiful

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Hemant M, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Aberdeen City Centre, responded to this review, April 15, 2013
Thank you for your feedback David, I am delighted that you had an enjoyable stay with us at Doubletree by Hilton in Aberdeen and I am very grateful that you took time to comment in Trip advisor.

I look forward to welcoming you back in future

Best regards
Hemant

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (265)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
scotland
Reviewed April 1, 2013

Overall stay was ok but could have been so much better.Keycard didn't work and had to phone down to get tv sorted and safe opened.They were quickly fixed but for a 4 star hotel shouldn't really happen in the first place.The pool was fine but one of the saunas and the steam room was out of use which was a disappointment,luckily the weather was good so we didn't spend much time in pool-we would have been a bit more upset if the weather had been bad.We only ate dinner in the hotel 1 night but despite it being 7.30 and only 7 people in restaurant they could only provide 1 portion of the starter we both wanted.Apart from that the meal was lovely,the room was nice and the staff were helpful.little niggles that could easily be fixed but downgraded my review

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Hi Angela
Thank you for your recent feedback, please accept my apologies for the problems you encountered on this occasion, specifically with our leisure club. We did have mechanical problems and can now confirm the issue has been rectified. I’m sure you can appreciate that these things do happen from time to time and are somewhat out with our control.

I am glad you enjoyed the service provided by my team and I would certainly will share your feedback with them.

I have raised the matter surrounding your dining experience with my head chef and apologise for the obvious inconvenience caused on this occasion, thank you for bringing it to my attention.

ABERDEEN
Reviewed March 29, 2013

I took a friend for dinner here as had thought with it being a 4star hotel it would be nice..... Big mistake. The restaurant service was appalling, the food bland, undercooked and swimming in grease (fried haddock). The party of 4 next to us were complaining as they had waited 25 minutes for a pint they had ordered and then when it came it was cloudy. Their meals were served at different times and coffees were delayed also.

The waiter asked me if we wanted our prosecco chilled? Is this not standard when ordering a bottle of fizz?? He also came across disinterested and bored when taking our order and serving us our meal. We will not be returning. It is a shame, as this perfectly positioned hotel, near to the seafront, shops, cinema and a stroll to union street could be a good hotel with perhaps better trained staff and a new chef.

Room Tip: I would not stay here, very disorganised and unprofessional Hilton hotel.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank EATOUTLOADS
Hemant M, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Aberdeen City Centre, responded to this review, March 30, 2013
Dear Guest
Thank you for sharing your feedback on trip advisor following your recent visit at Doubletree by Hilton Aberdeen, please accept my apologies for the problems you encountered on this occasion

I have raised your concerns with my Restaurant Manager and Head Chef and have asked them to look into the situation you have described and to provide further training to the team involved.

We are just about to complete refurbishment of the restaurant and this will include a complete overhaul of the buffet area, lounge / atrium area and have new Head Chef starting soon. I hope you are able to experience our new offering in the future and thank you again for your feedback

Hemant

Travelers are raving about these Aberdeen hotels

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 29, 2013

This hotel was great and the staff were really helpful. The rooms were clean and I had a problem with the hairdryer but it was sorted promptly. The breakfast was great and we enjoyed our stay. I left the power cable for our laptop in the room and when I phoned the staff were brilliant they found it immediately and put it in the post for us. I would definitely use the hotel again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your feedback Jane, I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us on this occasion and hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to Doubletree by Hilton Aberdeen in future. I will certainly share your comment with my staff

Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 20, 2013

Swipe card to room didn't work for starters and it was a sign of things to come. Average room with marks and stains thrown in at no extra cost. 15 mins wait to be served in a non busy restaurant in the evening and the food was hardly worth the wait and overpriced too. Breakfast inedible and waitress unhappy that I decided against a stewed to death tea and asked for a coffee. Proceeded to argue. Still at least she spoke to me, unlike 3 members of staff chatting to each other at the bar ignoring waiting customers. Wifi charges an absolute rip off to presumably fleece those attending a Conference in the city. Bit worrying that hotels like this carry the Hilton name.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank IJ6547
Hemant M, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Aberdeen City Centre, responded to this review, March 23, 2013
Dear guest, Thank you for your review following your recent stay at the Doubletree by Hilton Hotel.

I am disappointed that a number of aspects of your stay did not meet your expectations and I have raised your concerns with the relevant departments. This is not the standard of service that we strive to achieve at the Hilton Hotels.

Thank you once again for your review which I can assure you we have taken on board and we hope you will consider us for your future accommodation requirements.

Kind regards,
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 19, 2013

Stayed at the Doubletree for one night with my wife & young son while visiting Aberdeen Jazz Festival. Staff are pleasant, cookies on arrival a nice touch but Wi-fi charges a bit of a rip-off (free in Atrium area only). Room was clean but decor very dated (1990's thow back).
Booked hotel as 'Spa' facilities available. Decided to visit swimming pool / steam room etc & was shocked at the poor condition. Steam room grout between tiles filthy! Tile surface completely worn to underlying ceramic through years of use. Changing area worn & shabby.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Dear guest,
Thank you for sharing your feedback of your recent stay with us
At Doubletree by Hilton we take all feedback very seriously and constructively and constantly use this feedback to improve our standards and services.

I am glad you enjoyed Doubletree cookies and had friendly service from my team.
Although internet is chargeable in bedrooms like most of the hotels of similar standards / brand do, it’s free in the public areas for all our guests. However complimentary for gold and diamond Hilton honours members, should you wish to join please visit http://hhonors1.hilton.com/en_US/hh/join.do

I am pleased to advise we are currently undergoing refurbishment / upgrading the hotel bedrooms and corridor areas and expect these works to be completed shortly.

Thank you once again for your feedback and I hope you will consider the hotel in the future for your accommodation needs.

Kind regards,
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 18, 2013

Today my friend and I went to the hotel in the hope of having some lunch. I had heard about the revamp of their public areas and thought it would be nice to have a look. Well, we arrived and the lobby was almost empty apart from two ladies having drinks. One member of staff walked by us followed by a manager ( Indian man I think) we sat down and had a look through the menu (which the ladies at the table next to us handed to us) we sat for 5 minutes and were completely ignored as the staff disappeared. We finally decided to leave as this kind of service is unacceptable. As we got up and proceeded to walk out the manager reappeared and just looked at us, didn't say a word and just walked away again!! This is supposed to be a 4 star hotel?? Not impressed at all.

• Stayed March 2013
Dear guest,
Thank you for your recent visit at Doubletree by Hilton and sharing your feedback with us.

I have shared your comment with my team including managers and would like to thank you for taking the time to complete your review and making me aware of your experience

Best regards