“Excellent start to a Saturday night out!”
Review of The Courtyard - CLOSED

The Courtyard
Cuisines: Scottish
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Delivery, Private Dining, Reservations
Description: The Courtyard is "Aberdeen's unique west end dining experience" with exactly the same food offerings which have made La Stella so successful. With the well researched Seasonal Creations menu & the extensive daily fish specials we offer something VERY special to the west end of town and having James Ferrier as Restaurant Manager making sure that everyone is looked after to the highest standards!!!The Courtyard Restaurant offers something a little bit different to the foodies of Aberdeen, our focus is and always will be on quality and this shines through in everything that we do. The quality of the produce our chefs use, which is all locally sourced and is reflected in the seasonality of all of our menus. Our senior Chefs have been trained in some of the best restaurants in Aberdeen & Scotland & our younger chefs have found their feet here in a very dynamic kitchen environment which praises new ideas and techniques.One thing is for absolute sure….. Something special has come to Aberdeen.We do hope you can visit usThe Beetroot Team
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
“Excellent start to a Saturday night out!”
Reviewed April 22, 2013 via mobile

Fine food, nice atmosphere, excellent service. Definitely would recommend, one of the nicer restaurants in Aberdeen!

1 Thank Allan M

Aberdeen
“Excellent food and service but glad someone else was paying!”
Reviewed April 19, 2013

The Courtyard was recommended to me by several friends when I needed somewhere in Aberdeen for my brother to take me out to dinner. I wasn't disappointed and for my brother it 'absolutely hit the spot'! The evening hadn't started well as my brother had had a 'mare' at work, his flight was an hour late & he left his coat on the plane and had to go back and get it! I didn't mind sitting alone in the restaurant enjoying a G&T and the waitress was great and said there was no problem ordering after 9.30pm. I had the scallops to start, which were delicious with a good chilli kick. Nick had the pigeon which wasn't so good but his Posh Scampi made up for it. I had the Sea Bass as main with a yummy risotto. I found the tapenade a bit strong but that's my taste & I just left most of it. Both puddings (panacotta and cheesecake) were to die for! The home-made pistachio macaroons with the bill were too good not to eat - even though I was full! It's not cheap but delicious and beautifully presented food, I'd go back!!

“Delicious Dinner”
Reviewed April 14, 2013

Scallops tender but firm; pigeon a little under cooked but it was obviously intended to be served this way so maybe it was just the two of us who thought it could have done longer in the pan?Halibut looked and tasted fantastic; the steaks were also delicious but maybe again a little under done? The green veggies were done beautifully but the potato wedges were in a little disk which makes them sweat and go soft prematurely. The panacotta was really good and there was an excellent selection of cheese. I thought the wines a little on the expensive side and the selection wouldn't be mine but the Hunters SB beat the Albarino which was a new one for me.Good coffee and well looked after by the staff. We'll be back!

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Pretty average!”
Reviewed April 13, 2013

For what I had heard about The Courtyard, I was disappointed by the food and service delivered on our visit there. I have only been once and wouldn't go back based on the price you pay for average food and average service.

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank Roof83
Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
“Good and Bad”
Reviewed April 13, 2013

I went here with a friend of mine and the meal was great: mussels and scallops respectively to start with both of us having pork belly as a main and panacotta and the mousse as desserts. The starters in particular were both very good. Not an extensive menu but I think in this case it was a positive. The service was excellent from booking and throughout the meal. However around three hours after the meal I suffered from a bout of vomitting which was difficult to put down to anything other than the meal. My friend did not have the same problem which looking at out choices puts the mussels in the frame as the culprit. It is impossible to be 100% certain this was the cause but worth noting.