TripAdvisor
Aberdeen
Post
Inbox
Search

“SHOCKING & HORRENDOUS CUSTOMER SERVICE!!”
Review of The Coffee House

The Coffee House
Ranked #11 of 84 Quick Bites in Aberdeen
Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: We are an independent lunchtime destination serving well priced freshly made soup and sandwiches from same day baked organic bread using local ingredients and quality ingredients where the filling is not local. Our soups are made on the premises same day as are all our cakes. Our coffee is roasted locally (one street away) and we don't use preservatives. We aim to provide quality and taste with a smile. Do come try us. We look forward to seeing you. The Coffee House Team.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

First off, half the menu was not available, it took 35 minutes to make two cheese toastie, the coffee was more like warm milk, and I had to ask for my soup to be reheated, as it was luke warm at best!!! The soup came straight away, but the toasted sandwiches were a good 30 minutes after. When I made a comment, stating that I would have preferred to have all of our food together, the server laughed in my face. there appeared to be more focus on decorating the dining area whilst people were eating rather than concentrating on making sure food was served together, hot and on time!!! Around 5 minutes later, we were approached by another server, offering me a £5 voucher for our next visit, and when I said I would not be returning, she walked off whilst I was still explaining that my coffee and soup were cold. I will never set foot in this place again, and I wouldn't recommend that anyone wastes their time and money in this shocking excuse for a cafe!!

2  Thank AJ M
Write a reviewReviews (392)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Asked what was inside the Greek pie, I was told cheese and veggies and that it is vegetarian, when I got it there was ham in it!!!! How shocking. I am not vegetarian but I still believe this is absolutely unacceptable.
Also you can see the girl in the kitchen with long hair down...
Gave my meal back, would definitely not recommend.

Reviewed October 10, 2019 via mobile

I waited for about 10 minutes in the queue, but you honestly couldn’t fault the guy working behind the counter. He was fast, kept his cool and prepared GREAT coffee.

Very reasonably priced, lovely seats and fantastic vibe to the place.

Reviewed October 5, 2019 via mobile

Service exceptionally slow
Half menu was not available
Waited over half an hour for soup, then were told the soup we had ordered had run out.

Reviewed October 3, 2019

Coffee was passable but the Romanian Chocolate Cake was drier than the desert. When I mentioned this to one of the assistants the reply was “really?” Couldn’t be less interested in customer care / satisfaction if he tried!
Used to be a great place but now off my list of goto places.