“Great little independent coffeehouse”
Review of The Coffee House

The Coffee House
Ranked #6 of 38 Coffee & Tea in Aberdeen
Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: We are an independent lunchtime destination serving well priced freshly made soup and sandwiches from same day baked organic bread using local ingredients and quality ingredients where the filling is not local. Our soups are made on the premises same day as are all our cakes. Our coffee is roasted locally (one street away) and we don't use preservatives. We aim to provide quality and taste with a smile. Do come try us. We look forward to seeing you. The Coffee House Team.
Reviewed February 15, 2013

I love the Coffeehouse! It is my go to choice when in town for coffee. Whether its meeting friends or as a venue for a business meet up it never fails to impress. Great coffee, food, atmosphere and surroundings

Reviewed February 14, 2013

I added a revisit after being asked to meet friends here and things had improved. I've just been back again and boy have things gone downhill again. This will be my last review as I'm fairly sure I won't be going back. Prices have hiked! They were on the steep side to begin with but in the last 3 visits, their 'any drink, any cake' offer has risen every time - and that's only since December. We had to clear our own table as they seemed understaffed and the place was busy and cluttered. One very surly (and obviously ill judging by the nose wiping - not a smile or eye contact at all) girl was slowly serving a very long lunchtime queue while a really lovely Irish girl was trying to keep up with food orders and another young guy hung about looking a bit lost. What seems to be new from last time is that you now have to collect your own food once it's been put on a tray. There is no announcement as to when your food is ready so you have to spend your time straining and checking the bench to see what's there. I witnessed the surly young girl being swapped out from the till (looked like to boss came in to empty the till and didn't bother to try and help clear the backlog) to try and help with the food orders and the first thing she did was stomp up to a young female customer and bark at her that her sandwich was ready and that she 'had' to collect it. After she had walked past the sandwich on the bench!! There's very little choice for small children. A request for a plain bacon sandwich instead of a BLT for my young nephew resulted in cold, pre-cooked streaky bacon being placed between 2 slabs of bread and plonked on a plate. No reduction in cost for the lettuce, tomato and mayo being left off and we had to ask for it to be warmed up. Seems all sandwiches are served like this and the lack of attention to detail is disappointing - a bit of side salad and the sandwich being cut in half wouldn't go amiss. Neither would a bit of sugar in your scones. Why are the prices hiking up when no-one is serving anymore? Makes the tip jar at the till a little bit cheeky. Sad as there are few independent coffee shops in town.

Reviewed February 10, 2013 via mobile

As a fan of non chain coffee shops I really like to visit the coffee house.
However I find it is FAR to expensive! Today I ordered 2 coffees, soup and 2 sandwiches and it came to £17.20.
The sandwiches are not worth the over £4 price tag - they come uncut, slapped on a plate with no salad or sides- which to be honest for the price is ridiculous!!
A nice place with a gd atmosphere but the price really is off putting!!!!

Reviewed February 5, 2013

I just love this place! Fantastic home cooking & just a slip away from Union St. Service is much quicker now you collect orders once they are ready. They seem to have got that sorted out now. 10/10!

Reviewed February 3, 2013

Absolutely fantastic home bakes, lunches and coffee. A great spot to stop for a latte, soup and a sandwich and a cake.