“Didn't even get to try it...”
Review of Prego

Prego
Ranked #319 of 675 Restaurants in Aberdeen
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
“Didn't even get to try it...”
Reviewed November 2, 2012

Every Friday our company order in rolls as a treat and we usually get them from another reliable source. We fancied a change and decided to order from Prego for the 2nd time (the first time we called we couldn't get through and when we finally did, we were rudely told that it was too late - 10.30am). The selection of rolls on offer is a bit more varied and includes black pudding as one of the options. I called this time and asked to order some rolls for delivery. The girl on the phone didn't even know if they did deliveries and I felt a bit silly for asking. It states clearly on the menu that they deliver for a minimum order of £10. I heard some shouting back and forth and was passed onto another lady (not with the best phone manner may I add) and was told that they didn't think they delivered that far and that the driver was already out for deliveries (9.30am). They took my order anyway and said that they would call back to confirm. It was all a bit strange. They called back about 15 minutes later and was told that they don't deliver that far. May I note that when one of my colleges went in to pick up a menu he was told that it would be no problem to deliver to our workplace. The customer service of this pace on the phone is shocking. We will NOT be calling again. It doesn't take much to say a little 'thanks' or 'sorry'. But then that's Aberdeen for you.

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank louthemadcatlady

Aberdeen
“A Must-try lunchtime takeaway”
Reviewed October 26, 2012

I stop here fairly regularly for a sandwich at lunchtime. So many options and so far have only worked my way through a handful of them. The bread is always so fresh and tasty, and the fillings are good quality, particularly the meat - it is never rubbery or tasteless, always seems nice and fresh.

Have still to try the evening bistro, but have heard brilliant things about it and that fact it is fully booked most weekends speaks volumes.

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank AmyAlexandra
“Love this place!”
Reviewed October 14, 2012

Service is always friendly whether sitting in or ordering takeaway. Food is tasty, I especially love the chicken tikka salad!
Book well ahead for evening tables. Lunchtime tables are easier to come by.

Visited October 2012
1 Thank 5_Bucks_5
“Undecided?”
Reviewed September 19, 2012

I'd heard really great things about this little place and wanted to try it out. So one lunch a friend and I tried it out. I just had a take out panini as I was in a bit of a rush - the place was busy but unfortunately it was almost cold and the cheese hadn't even melted, apart from that it was fine - but nothing special. It was good value however - I would try this place again but only because I seem to be the only person with a bad word to say. The sit in place looked quite nice.

Visited May 2012
1 Thank LJFood14
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
“One of the best dinners I have had in Aberdeen”
Reviewed September 17, 2012

Visited Saturday. Its a small dining room with room only for 20 or so diners, however its size helps create an excellent atmosphere. The lady in charge was charming and fully aware for how a resturant should be run. That all said the high point was the food. We had all the 3 dishes from the Daily Specials - Soup, Baked Haddock and Pork & Black pudding with a pepper sauce, plus a lemony delicious prawn on toast starter. All fresh, well cooked, well presented, tasty and decent sized portions. The sweets too looked delicious but ..... Oh and thank you Prego for being BYO. So much nicer than being ripped off in most other places!

• Visited September 2012