1,493 results
All reviewsjohn lewiswaffle makerseparate bathcity centreking roomgreat hotelunion streetrain showercar parkair conditioningwalk in showercomfortable roomsgood sizebusiness tripweekend breaksteakbreakfast was excellent
Reviewed December 28, 2010

I travelled up to a gig in Aberdeen from Edinburgh, and stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn. It is a lovely hotel, recently opened however everything ran like a well oiled machine - the staff are obviously well trained. Every staff member we met even in the corridors said hi and the reception staff were fantastic and obviously communicated with each other as on check out the gentleman who had not dealt with us before asked us how the gig was. It is situated ideally for restaurants and shopping, yet still quiet enough that there is no street noise and you can get a good nights sleep. Would definitely return!!

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 19, 2010

There is nothing bad about this hotel. It is superb for buisness travels and holiday breaks.I especially liked the adjustable bed settings for a great sleep. The room was spotless and modern with a convenient fridge. The location is great for restaurants and the Bon Accord shopping center is a two minute walk away. This hotel is truly fantastic so make sure you stay there because you won't be disapointed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled on business
marekweir, F&B Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Aberdeen City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded December 31, 2010

Dear Isla,

I am glad you enjoyed your recent stay at our hotel.
We strive to be the number one hotel in Aberdeen for both business travellers and leisure guests alike.
We offer complementary WiFi, a 24 hour, fully equiped, complementary business centre and an in-room workspace to rival any office.
For our leisure guests, there is no better hotel in Aberdeen for access to the many wonderful shops, galleries and nightlife that the city has to offer.
As you mentioned, our Garden Sleep System bed is one of a kind in Scotland, with an adjustable mattress that wil guarantee you a nights sleep second to none.

We look forward to welcoming you back again.

Kind Regards

The Hilton Garden Inn Team

Reviewed December 16, 2010

It's hard to add very much to the reviews already written, but this new hotel has pitched itself at just the right market. The hotel has a 4-star feel to it, but is priced firmly in Premier Inn territory (but so, so much better than a Premier Inn !).

Every single member of staff with whom we interacted was pleasant, friendly, proactive, helpful -- the list of positives goes on and on. The food in the restaurant in the evening was very good indeed on both nights that we stayed, and although the breakfast is a little more limited in choice than the Hiltons in which I usually stay, there was still plenty to choose from, and it was regularly refreshed during the morning.

The gym was small, but had enough equipment to perform a reasonable workout ( but it would be a little cramped if there were 5 people using at the same time) --- on the plus side, everything was very new indeed, and functioned perfectly.

Didn't use the in-house self-service laundry facilities (although I can see definite benefits to having this available), but found the business centre to be a handy addition.

I think the only feature that I would like to see added is an Executive Lounge, but I'm not certain if HGIs ever have Executive Lounges, so this may not be a feasible request.

I had a rate of £79 B&B per night, which in Aberdeen is fantastic (Express By Holiday Inn Aberdeen, with a good location but zero facilities, typically prices up at around £109 per night for comparison), and found the hotel to be so good that I have moved my business there from the nearby Doubletree. Don't get me wrong,I like the Doubletree, but my company likes the fact that the HGI Aberdeen is cheaper to the tune of about £40 -£50 PER NIGHT, and this is going to save me a 4-figure sum in 2011 !!!

Highly recommended.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled on business
NitinRamtri, Deputy General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Aberdeen City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded December 21, 2010

Dear Rick,

Thanks a lot for writing such a detailed review for our hotel. I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay and were pleased with the facilities that our hotel has to offer.
Undoubtedly, we are the best value for money hotel in the city and we are also proud to say that as a team we never fail to provide top class service. We want our guets to experience the comfort and warmth of being at home as we truly believe that our hotel is a home away from home.
I have shared your comments with the entire team and we all look forward to welcoming you back again.

Kind regrads & Compliments of the season
Hilton Garden Inn team

Reviewed December 12, 2010

My husband and I spent a night in the Hilton Garden Inn last night and will definitely return. The staff are so welcoming and helpful, going out of their way to ensure your stay is perfect. The rooms are beautifully decorated and spotlessly clean. We both had a great nights sleep in the huge king sized bed and we were very impressed with the facility to choose the firmness of the mattress. We chose to eat in the restaurant and were not disappointed- the menu was excellent and food delicious. We had a 3 course meal which cost £15 each and the wine was also very reasonably priced. Again the staff were very attentive and nothing was too much trouble for them. Breakfast was a pleasant experience with a wide choice of cereal, bread, pastries, fish, cheese etc as well as a full scottish cooked breakfast.. All things considered I would recommend this hotel to everyone and I'm sure you will not be disappointed. Thanks to all staff for making our stay so special.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
NitinRamtri, Deputy General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Aberdeen City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded January 8, 2011

Dear Mac and Angela,
Thank you very much for sharing your experience with other travellers. I haved shared your review with the entire team and all of us are over the moon. We are very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and we were able to make your stay special. Our restaurant " Granite City Grill" has been rated as one of the top 10 restaurants in 2010 by Press and Journal and you just confirmed the reason behind it. The food and service at Granite City Grill is undoubtedly the best in town.
Once again, thanks a lot for recommending us to your friends. We look forward to welcoming you back again.

Kind regards
Hilton Garden Inn team

Reviewed December 7, 2010

Paid £88 per night for a weekend special booked through the Hiltons own web page this was for a weekend stay.
Easy check in with instructions on how to "work" the bed to make it softer or harder.
Lovely new room with a very comfortable bed and quiet room that blocks out all the street noise.
The only part caused me concern was the breakfast area. Each morning there were only a couple of newspapers laid out for everybody to read. So you got a dog eared copy with the usual beans stains on them.
The breakfast was the usual Scottish fair with an omelette corner for the freshly cooked eggs.
Plus next door to the gym in the basement there is a laundry room where you can do your own washing and drying, a very useful piece of equipment.
All in all a very pleasant stay.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
AndrewSmail, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Aberdeen City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded December 8, 2010

Thank you very much your sharing your positive feedback on your recent stay at our hotel. Its great to see our guests so happy that they enjoy sharing their experiences with others.
I see you enjoyed the Garden Sleep System beds we have in all our guest rooms, these really are a true luxury!
For your next visit I may suggest enrolling into our loyalty program Hilton Honors. This enables you to earn both Hilton Honors points and Air Miles when you stay with Hilton, as well as that you will also recieve your own complimentary newspaper each morning at our hotel.

Thank you again for sharing your lovely comments on TripAdvisor and I look forward to welcoming you back through our doors in the very near future.

Kind Regards,