“Very good city base”

Hilton Garden Inn Aberdeen City Centre
Ranked #4 of 65 Hotels in Aberdeen
Reviewed August 17, 2014

I stayed at the Garden Inn Aberdeen for 3 nights. The hotel was very helpful as there was a mix up with my booking which I made through a booking agent. The staff were so nice and friendly and the room was very spacious with a large bathroom very modern. The location is ideal as the city centre was literally round the next corner. The buffet breakfast was excellent I would recommend this hotel for a city break. There is also underground parking for hotel residents although there is an £8 a night charge but you can rest assured your car is safe within the security gates. I would use this hotel again.

Room Tip: A high floor gives a lovely view
  • Stayed: August 2014, traveled solo
Jasdeep S, Deputy Hotel Manger at Hilton Garden Inn Aberdeen City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded August 26, 2014

Dear Helen H,

Thank you for your kind review of the hotel. I have passed your comments on to all the teams who will be pleased to know that they helped you enjoy your weekend.

I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

The Hilton Garden Inn Aberdeen City Centre.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,410)

Reviewed August 12, 2014

Hotel is new, and the rooms are large and decorated really nicely, check in was quick and friendly. The location is great for the walk in to the city centre but it still is the slightly dodgy part of the city, but don't let that put you off! Would stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Expat_Brit_9

Thank you for your review of the Hotel, I am happy to read that you found the hotel to your liking and enjoyed your stay.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed August 12, 2014

Ideal location close to city centre, good, quiet hotel. Far superior to Tree Tops, a sister hotel a few miles away. Would not hesitate to stay again. Weather could have been better, but hotel was great.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
1  Thank Peter J H

Dear Peter J,

Thank you for your kind review of the Hotel, I am glad you enjoyed the time you spent with us here in Aberdeen.

I wish I could do something about the weather and guarantee it would be lovely for your next visit!

I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

The Hilton Garden Inn team

Reviewed August 11, 2014 via mobile

The best hotel in Aberdeen ! Excellent service and friendly staf. Highly recommended ! Will certainly come back ! The rooms are spacious and the bathroom is outstanding. Buffet breakfast with plenty of choices.

• Stayed: August 2014
Jasdeep S, Deputy Hotel Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Aberdeen City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded August 26, 2014

Dear Joan25,

Thank you for your lovely review. I am delighted to hear that we are your favourite Hotel In Aberdeen. I have passed on all your comments to the staff who are indeed the friendliest in town!

I very much look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed August 11, 2014

on arriving until we left all staff were lovely, room was excellent even air con, and really clean, breakfast was the best I have had at hotels, the only thing I disagree with is for paying for their car park at 8pds per night.

Dear Marlene W,

Thank you very much for your lovely review of the Hilton Garden Inn Aberdeen City Centre. The staff will be delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay.

With being a City Centre location, unfortunately parking is very limited in the area.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed August 10, 2014

We arrived around 10 AM thinking we would have to leave our baggage and come back later, but to our suprise there were rooms available and we were able to check in immedialtely.

Both the room and the bathroom was large compared to standard European hotels. The bathroom included both a shower and a separate bathtub. The room had a fridge, safe, iron and ironingbord etc. It was modern and spotlessly clean. Wi-Fi was free, but connection somewhat slow.

The location was great and probably the best thing about the hotel! Bon Accord (shopping centre) is right around the corner and Union Street is just a couple of blocks away. The central location of the hotel makes it easy to get in and out of the city either you´re flying, catching a bus or a train. Seeing as we paid around £60 per night, our stay here was a great bargain!

The staff was nice and polite. If I should point out one thing it would be that there should have been more than one receptionist at work around check-out time on the Sunday we left. We had already checked out, but had left our bags while we went and grabbed breakfast. When we got back we had to wait 15-20 minutes to get them out.

I have already recommended this hotel to friends and family and will definitely consider staying here again the next time I´m back in Aberdeen.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 10, 2014

We have not been back to the hotel for about a year. It is still very good. Friendly staff, really clean rooms which are spacious and with bath and shower. Nick Nairn's restaurant not as good as expected but would probably visit again.
Probably the best value hotel in Aberdeen.

Room Tip: Rooms at the back do not have traffic noise. Rooms on the top floor have noise from a/c plant.

Dear AviatorHouston,

Thank you for you review of the Hotel, I am glad to hear we have kept up the same excellent standard over the years.

I have passed your comments about the restaurant onto the Restaurant Manager to investigate.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in near future.