“Excellent city location” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #5 of 63 Hotels in Aberdeen
Macduff, United Kingdom
“Excellent city location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 13, 2013

Perfect location with friendly attentive staff. Highly recommend visiting Thurston and his colleagues in the bar as very knowledgeable in cocktail making! On site parking which is handy when in the centre of any city. Would recommend.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (163)
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 10, 2013

My wife and I shared a lovely night at the hotel. The accommodation was first class, well appointed and spotlessly clean. The restaurant food was excellent as was all of the staff we dealt with. The location is minutes away from the city centre so this is an ideal hotel for taking advantage of this.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

NitinRamtri, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Aberdeen City Centre, responded to this review, December 12, 2013
Dear Scott M,

Thank you for your feedback, I am absolutely delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and glad to know that my team looked after you well. Thanks again and I look forward to welcoming you back.

Perth, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 8, 2013

I was there for leisure and would say this hotel is better for business, but given the standard of hotels in Aberdeen I was happy with my choice. Rooms were clean, location was good. Interiors could have been better given it is a new hotel and would have expected more from the Hilton, but still good enough. Expansive breakfast - service at the front desk could be faster, seems like there may not be enough staff - stood 30 minutes waiting to check in. Overall would stay again - not for a romantic weekend, but if you are there for business or just for a bed whilst visiting friends and family like me, then it is perfect.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Ionise
Dear Ionise,

Thank you for your review. I am pleased to know that overall you enjoyed your stay. However, I am disappointed with some aspects highlighted by you which failed to meet your expectations. I have discussed your feedback regarding slow service at Front Desk with my Front Desk team and I can assure you that this has been addressed.
I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel on your next trip to Aberdeen.

aberdeen, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 8, 2013

The rooms on the 5th floor is so noisy and staff refused to change room. I had no choice as it was 1 in the morning so I couldn't change hotels. I was shattered for my work tomorrow. The night staff were absolutely terrible with a bad attitude

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

2 Thank Kevin Y
NitinRamtri, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Aberdeen City Centre, responded to this review, December 8, 2013
Dear Kevin Y,

From the outset, I would like to apologies for the inconvenience caused to you. I have investigated this matter thoroughly and unfortunately, the hotel was completely full apart from one room that was supposed to be a late arrival. I understand that this room was offered to you after our night audit was run.
I can assure you that I will also investigate the attitude of the night staff that has been highlighted by you. This is the first time that I have received such feedback about my night team and I will address it as a matter of priority.

I hope this does not influence your decision of staying with us again. We look forward to welcoming you back.

Kind Regards
Shropshire, England
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 3, 2013

We frequently visit Aberdeen, but have not been for a while, when we realised there is now a Hilton Garden Inn we decided to go for it as they are always fabulous and reliable in the USA.
This one did not disappoint, it was great in every way. We had a superior room at the back of the Hotel which overlooked the courtyard and was very quiet. The room although not as spacious as those we have stayed in in the USA, was a good size, especially by UK standards, it was very clean & comfortable with every amenity you could wish for including a small fridge. We stayed for 3 nights over the weekend and although I believe this can be a very expensive hotel on week nights (as are most in Aberdeen) we got an excellent weekend B &B deal by booking in advance on the Hilton website. The breakfast was amazing with every hot and cold choice imaginable, the staff were all most helpful and friendly and it is a 5 minute walk to Union Street. The hotel does have a small car park which is on a first come first served basis, it cost £8 per 24hours, there are also other car parks close by. We will definitely be returning.

Room Tip: The rooms at the back of the hotel are probably quieter.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear stokersam,

Thank you so much for such a wonderful review. I really appreciate the time and effort that you have taken to describe the facilities of our lovely hotel.

I'm really glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We always strive to put guests first and provide a warm and engaging service to all our guests.

Thank you for your kind comments regarding our staff and for the recommendation, we look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Pau, France
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2013

a very nice hotel for a business trip but too expensive for a personal trip. located in the center of aberdeen. newly constructed building. as it is only worth for a business trip i do not thing a bath tube is necessary in the bathroom. the room amenities are sufficient and i am sure we can ask some more if it is really necessary, suchas shaving kits etc. the hotel is well situated, close to the busy union street. the reception staffs are effective and friendly on treating the customers.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business

Dear Laufer S,

Thanks a lot for sharing your experience with fellow travellers. I am delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay with us and found the staff to be very friendly and helpful.
We all look forward to having you back with us.
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 27, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for a week and were so impressed. The rooms are spotless and cleaned daily. The rooms are warm, have great wifi, large tv, fridge and safe. Have a bath and separate shower. Meals are amazing lunch and dinner. Breakfast was great large selection of hot and cold. Business centre was great free printing and copying and gym is a fantastic size for a hotel like this.

Staff were just so lovely and would do anything for you.

So impressed loved our stay.

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Lynz A
Dear Lynz A,

We appreciate you taking time to write this review and are proud as punch to hear such positive feedback. I am delighted to know that you enjoyed your meal at our restaurant. Our restaurant and bar team is very passionate about delivering great food and service. Your review put a big smile on their faces. Thanks once again for recognising and appreciating their hard work.

I look forward to welcoming you back.