“Hilton Garden Inn, Aberdeen”

Hilton Garden Inn Aberdeen City Centre
Ranked #4 of 65 Hotels in Aberdeen
Reviewed November 18, 2013

Located close to major shopping centres. Laundry facilities at very cheap prices. Free gym facility on site. Free WiFi in every room. Secure parking, but very limited parking bays. Native restaurant is a little pricey though. The menu is the best you will get around the area though. Very clean and cosy.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
NitinRamtri, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Aberdeen City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded December 12, 2013

Dear Mbuso X

Thank you for leaving your feedback following on from your recent stay with us which I will share with the team. We are pleased that you enjoyed your experience as we continuously strive to exceed our guest expectations at every opportunity.

We look forward to welcoming you back.

Nitin

Write a ReviewReviews (1,395)

Reviewed November 17, 2013

Sampled some fabulous cocktails & bar food in the Native Bar this evening.
The bar was a bit dimly lit & the piped jazz music was not really to my taste, but the delicious drinks & tasty food won me over.
The steak sandwich was tender & juicy & the fish in batter was moist & flaky, both served with generous portions of chips.
The Paddington cocktail with marmalade vodka was my favourite, but the coconut & pineapple mojito came a close second - great cocktails!
Staff were friendly & efficient and I would definitely return.

Dear MLW28,

Thank you for your feedback, I am absolutely delighted that you enjoyed your experience at Native Bar and glad to know that my team looked after you well. As mentioned by you, our cocktails are absolutely fantastic !! These cocktails have been created by our Native manager who is also a highly skilled mixologist.

We look forward to welcoming you back for some more great food and amazing cocktails.

Kind regards

Reviewed November 16, 2013

Spent the night here for a shopping trip. Only thing I can have a wee moan about was the breakfast, scrambled eggs and sausages were tasteless, but the selection on offer exceeded my expectations. Would I stay again ....yes

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Karen P,

Thank you very much your sharing your positive feedback on your recent stay at our hotel. It’s great to see our guests so happy that they enjoy sharing their experiences with others. However, I am disappointed to learn that your breakfast experience was slightly tarnished. I have discussed this with my kitchen team and I assure you that necesarry changes will be made.

Kind Regards

Reviewed November 15, 2013

This was our fourth stay at the Garden Inn and it still beats the competition -Jurys Inn, Park Inn etc hands down. Staff are excellent and it was good to see a Duty Manager in the bar and reception area ensuring that all ran smoothly. We did not eat there but the restaurant has had a makeover and is now a Nick Nairn venture. Location is ideal for John Lewis.Overall excellent value for money.

Dear 19Graham68,

Thank you so much for such a wonderful review. The review is always extra special when it comes from a returning guest. I have shared your review with my entire team and we are all very pleased that you enjoyed your stay once again with us.

Reviewed November 15, 2013

Stayed there for the second time on Saturday 9th November 2013. Unfortunately the on-site parking was not available however we were directed to a nearby multi storey car park which cost the same as the hotels with them validating your ticket between 4pm-11am. On arrival we were upgraded and found our king room to be very clean and comfortable with the bathroom looking as if it had been installed minutes before we arrived. The beds with adjustable firmness are incredibly comfortable and provide a very good night sleep.

We had an evening meal at the new Nick Nairn restaurant in the hotel where my partner and I enjoyed the finest meal we had ever sampled, The staff at the restaurant and hotel in general were extremely courteous which only added in our enjoyment during the stay. Overall it is great value for money especially when you consider what is offered at so called higher rated and exclusive hotels.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
NitinRamtri, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Aberdeen City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded November 26, 2013

Dear Brian L ,

Thank you so much for such a wonderful review. I really appreciate the time and effort that you have taken to describe the facilities of our lovely hotel.
Nick Nairn and his team have absolutely nailed it with this fantastic new restaurant and bar. The menu tastes so good as it is true to Nick's philosophy of Produce, Technique and Harmony. Only the finest locally sourced produce is used to create simple but stunning dishes, cooked perfectly and with passion.
We look forward to welcoming you back.
Yours sincerely,

Reviewed November 15, 2013

An incongruous location - where I recall the bowling alley used to be, just round the corner from the "delights" of George Street. But convenient also for shopping in John Lewis.

A relative new-comer to the Aberdeen scene, and aimed a little up-market (rooms and price-wise) from most of the others. Accordingly, it scores highly on most counts, but down a little on value, should you be the one who is paying. The restaurant food is a bit pretentious, but good nonetheless.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business

Dear Aberphobic,

I cannot thank you enough for sharing your great comments with Trip Advisor.
It brings me such pleasure to see you thoroughly enjoyed your stay here at Hilton Garden Inn.
I would like to thank even more so for rating our hotel as your best experience to date in Aberdeen.

Reviewed November 15, 2013

Used this hotel for a quick weekend visit to Aberdeen, chose the hotel for its location. Would highly recommend it. Close to town centre, staff very welcoming, bar food and restaurant great. Overall very welcoming.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family

Dear Marysia H,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a great review.

We have a fantastic team here who are dedicated to providing the 'ultimate service'. We would love to welcome you again in the future. I am delighted you enjoyed your stay in our hotel and were pleased with the restaurant and bar.

I look forward to welcoming you back