“Superb stay”

Ranked #4 of 64 Hotels in Aberdeen
larbert
“Superb stay”
Reviewed June 29, 2013

We have just spent 2 nights at Hilton Garden Inn Aberdeen and we cant praise the hotel staff enough for making our stay superb. The birthday card in the room was a lovely touch, making us feel we were not "just another guest". Our room was excellent with the most fantastic walk in rainshower and the bonus of our prosecco break goodies which were enjoyed by us, only minor issue was that the rooms do not have shaver points, fortunately this was discovered on arrival giving me time to purchase an adaptor (did try reception but to no avail) before an early departure for a business meeting saving me a last minute panic. We ate in the hotel restaurant both nights and couldnt fault anything from the service to the standard of food, in fact the rib eye steak was the best I have ever been served and I dont make comments like that very often. In conclusion would we recommend this hotel.......most definately (indeed have already done so) and would we stay again.......most definately (hopefully in the not too distant future).

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
NitinRamtri, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Aberdeen City Centre, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
Dear tomses,

Thanks a lot for your wonderful review. I am delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay and your meal at our restaurant. Our Chefs, Susan and her team are very passionate about delivering great food and service. Your review put a big smile on their faces.

Thanks once again for recognising and appreciating their hard work.

Nitin

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (165)
Turriff, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 29, 2013

Lovely hotel - would definitely recommend it - very central and good value for money. Staff very friendly and the breakfast was first class. It is nice and near all the shopping centres. It has a good feel about it.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Dear Alison M,

We are delighted you enjoyed your stay in our new hotel and were pleased with your breakfast. Thank you very much for taking the time to write this review. We insist you try our mouth watering waffles on your next visit.

Munich
Reviewed June 28, 2013

This hotel was an excellent choice in the city center at a reasonable rate. Fast and friendly check-in - I was provided with the WLAN code (at no cost and without asking). The internet was fast and reliable. Quiet and clean room with working desk. Perfect location in the center. Very good breakfast. Parking my car was the only problem: I had to walk to a public garage, and for some reason pay the regular (high) price.
Not a 5* hotel, but I missed nothing at all. My first choice for my next visit to Aberdeen.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Dear freqtravmuc,

Thank you very much for the wonderful review. I am delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay with us . It gives me great pleasure in reading that we will be your preferred hotel in Aberdeen for your future stays. There is nothing more satisfying and accomplishing than welcoming guests back to our hotel.

Methil, null, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 24, 2013

Stayed in this hotel before was good but this time was a complete nightmare.locked out of room on both days of this trip all because there was another person staying in the hotel with the same surname as mine although his first name was GEORGE and mine was JOHN must have been really confusing for the reception staff?????.then on the second day of this trip i was informed i had apparently only booked in for one night instead of the two i had booked, but then found out the other person had only booked for one night so just more confusion again so had to go and get my conformation letter which was shown to staff when i initially booked in to show them this again????I had only booked this trip three days before going and done this directlly through the hotel and not any internet site which made all the confusing even worse but was offered a free drink at bar for all my troubles woohoo.Then on checking out off hotel went down checked out- went to car park only to find my car blocked in so could not even leave after all this fiascal eventually got back into hotel to find out staff had told other driver it was OK to park anywhere as there were no spaces available for him even though i was informed this would never happen when i tried to book parking {which i had to pay for} when booking this trip as it was on a first come basis only as there was another car park behind this hotel.Reception staff tried to explain this as a misunderstanding yeah right.but by this time was so fed up with the whole experience i just wanted to get out and head home.This trip was a birthday treat for my fiancee which turned into a real nightmare of a weekend...

Room Tip: book a room at the back off this hotel less noise or another hotel.
1 Thank John B
Dear John B,

I would like to take a moment to apologise for all of the inconvenience you experienced during your stay. I understand our reception team had mixed up your reservation with another guest’s booking and this then led onto further problems during your stay.
This error, on our behalf, is easily avoided and I would like to apologise that it inconvenienced your stay on this occasion. Please be assured I have already taken measures to assure this does not happen in the future.

As you mention in your feedback, you have stayed with us before and had a pleasant stay however it is clear that we did not live up to the exceptional levels of guest service which we strive to achieve on this occasion.

Should you wish to discuss this or any other matter further, please do not hesitate to contact me at any time.

I do hope you give us another opportunity to serve you and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Aberdeeen
Reviewed June 24, 2013

We decided to stay at the hotel last minute for a relaxing chilled night. Our decision was made very quickly when we got an incredible offer! The room as immaculate and perfect. The parking was full but we were told that if we park at Loch Street it will be the same price for the evening. The staff were very helpful and it was a fantastic evening. I would definitely stay again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear lisa -1574,

Thank you very much for your comments. I have shared your comments with the entire team and we all are so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Blairgowrie, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 23, 2013

Just a one night stay in Aberdeen for a get together with friends. This very new hotel is slightly off the beaten track within the centre of the city, tucked up behind the St Nicholas Centre near to John Lewis, but at least its in a quiet location with very little traffic/pedestrian noise compared to some of the other hotels which are nearer or on Union Street. Check-in was very efficient and friendly, and I was welcomed as a Silver HHonors member - and as it was my first ever stay at this property I was given a voucher for two complimentary drinks from the bar - a nice touch. The bog standard Silver HHonors perk (the free bottle of Strathmore...) was present and correct, along with the nice welcome letter from the hotel.

Room was spotlessly clean, all very contemporary and tasteful in the style of most recent Hilton hotels, a very soft and comfortable bed with a walk in wet bathroom with separate shower cubicle and bath (which you don't see that often at this price point). Curiously our room had a balcony which was locked from the bedroom, although the view out wasn't that pretty anyway....but as I said above noise is not an issue - the racket of the seagulls (a fact of life in Aberdeen) was suitably dampened.

I plumped for a bed and breakfast rate at £89, by keeping a close watch on the Hilton website two months in advance. I haven't had a bad breakfast at a Hilton hotel, and this one was no exception always a great selection of continental and traditional Scottish fayre - I love the fried haggis option, but again all the waiting staff in the restaurant were pleasant and efficient. The free in-room WiFi is a welcome addition given the extortionate rates that full-scale Hilton hotels charge for this service although it was maybe a bit slow, but OK enough for email/Twitter etc.

So all in all, an excellent little hotel and will definitely come again next time I am in Aberdeen - special mention for Sophie on the front desk who checked us both in and out - she was excellent and gave great service - this was a hotel that tried really hard to make a good first impression.

Dear Kevin S,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a great review.
We have a fantastic team here who are dedicated to providing the 'ultimate service'. We are all so proud of our hotel and are genuinely interested in getting to know our guests and delivering just what you need. We would love to welcome you again in the future.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 21, 2013

I stayed in Hiltom Garden Inn Aberdeen in May 2013. Personnel helped me a lot:
1. My tv was not working- they btought another one in 15mins.
2. I booked the room very late and due to that i adviced that i eould need to change rooms during my stay and i agreed- but the sirted it out for me snd i enjoyed my stay very much.
3. There was lady who's name Megan- she was very helpful and friendly during my stay. She was helping me everytime even when it was not her responsibility- thanks a lot for this!
4. Bathroom was very nice! Relaxing.
5. A tap in the bathroom was not designed well- you cant wash your hands as there is really not much place.

• Stayed May 2013
Dear Yousif M,

Thank you for your feedback, I am absolutely delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and glad to know that my team looked after you well. Thanks again and I look forward to welcoming you back.