“not to be missed”

Hilton Garden Inn Aberdeen City Centre
Ranked #4 of 65 Hotels in Aberdeen
Reviewed October 13, 2012

lovely grand hotel, with excellent facilities, rooms spacious and well equipped with accessories, very clean, comfortable beds, restuarant well laid out with fantastic menu supplying fresh local produce cooked and served piping hot.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
NitinRamtri, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Aberdeen City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded October 14, 2012

Dear titojim,
Thank you for taking the time to review our lovely hotel and sharing your great experience with fellow travellers. I am delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay with us and found our hotel to be clean, comfortable and grand. As mentioned by you, our Chefs work hard to source local produce so that we can provide a great dining experience to our guests.

I look forward to welcoming you back at our grand hotel.

Nitin

Write a ReviewReviews (1,410)

Reviewed October 2, 2012

We stayed overnight on a Saturday, and were pleased to be upgraded to a king size room ; The room was very comfortable, with a lovely bathroom ;

the bar area was pleasant, and we sat and had a drink, my hubby watching golf on TV ,while i used the free wifi to use our laptop;

Breakfast was a great choice, with everything you could think of - better than many other hotels we have stayed in

The hotel carpark was full, but we were directed to a carpark across the road and had our ticket validated for £8 rather than the £16 previously quoted;

The only problem we came across was around 130am, when the rain was pouring down, onto the metal covered window ledges , and it sounded like someone drumming outside!

otherwise a great stay!!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
NitinRamtri, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Aberdeen City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded October 5, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am extremely pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. It is good to know that you made use of our complimentary wifi service. We are one of the very few hotels to offer complimentary wifi across the hotel to all our guests.

As mentioned by you, our breakfast has a great choice and our " make your own waffle station" is a unique feature of our breakfast. I have noted your feedback regarding the drumming sound of the rain and will look to find a solution with my maintainance team.

We all look forward to welcoming you back to our beautiful hotel.

Reviewed September 30, 2012

I have stayed here twice now, lovely hotel with very friendly and helpful staff. Check-in was quick, such a lovely girl on front desk, the room was spotless with a very comfy bed.We had a meal on the saturday night while staying here, could not fault it at all, the service was excellent and the meal was delicious :-)

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Maureen,

I would like to thank you for sharing your experience with fellow travellers and giving us a glowing review. It is always satisfying and fulfilling to learn that our guests enjoyed every aspect of their stay with us.

We all look forward to welcoming you back at our lovely hotel.

Reviewed September 29, 2012

I have never stayed in a Hilton Garden Inn property before and I was very pleasantly surprised. I have a small confession - I did find the hotel hard to find at first ( Thank goodness for satellite navigation ) and when the reception staff directed me to the small car park underneath the hotel - I thought ... Mmmmmm ??? But this hotel deserves 10 out of 10 across the board ! The reception staff were extremely friendly, giving me helpful tips and advice on where to go and what to see in Aberdeen. My room - on the 5th floor was spotlessly clean and comfortable with great city views. The in-house guest laundry facilities and business centre were the best I have found at any Hilton property ... ( and I stay at Hilton's everywhere ) The 'Evolution' bed was amazing. The Pavilion Pantry is a great concept ( open 24 hours ) for snacks and guest essentials. Honestly - from the "Garden Inn" waffles at breakfast to the well priced in room dining menu options, this was an extremely enjoyable experience. I only stayed 2 nights - but wished that I could have extended my stay. The chances of me being back in Aberdeen anytime soon - are quite remote ... but if I ever had the opportunity to return.... hands down - I would be happy to stay here once more !

Room Tip: If possible - as for a room on the higher floors - for great city views.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank BlackWitchNZ69
NitinRamtri, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Aberdeen City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your review. It always gives me great pleasure to read reviews that not only highlight our fantastic product but also recognise the efforts of my wonderful team.

I have shared your review with my team and we all look forward to welcoming you back at Hilton Garden Inn Aberdeen.

Yours Sincerely

Reviewed September 24, 2012

I have stayed here twice now - once with my fiancee, and once on business. On both occasions I was thoroughly impressed with the service, and the rooms are pretty darned good too.

On reception Merili _ think her name was - couldn't be more helpful. Although we had booked through an intermediary, check-in was fautless, and there were no problems with leaving bags before and after our stay so that we could explore the city unencumbered.

The beds were exceptionally comfortable, and it is no wonder they can offer a "good sleep guarantee". I would love to have a bed this comfortable at home!

Breakfast choice and quality was superb. I notice that someone else has commented unfavourably on the service at breakfast time, but we couldn't find any particular faults there.

We used the bar a number of times during our stay, and here too the service was very good. The young Scottish chap on the bar was able to remember our room number on the second night - now that's good customer service!!

Would definitely consider staying here again.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jon_069

Dear Jon,

I am delighted to learn the you enjoyed both your stays with us. It gives me great pleasure in reading reviews that highlight the consistency of our fantastic service.

Merili and Rory send you a special thank you for recognising their friendly and impeccable service. We all look forward to welcoming you back to our wonderful hotel.

Reviewed September 16, 2012 via mobile

The Hilton in Aberdeen, Scotland, is well located and very New. The rooms are spacious and well equipped. The bed was very fine. But The Service, especially if you Pay GBP 170 per Night is no good. During breakfast The staff wasn't helpful at all but three of them just stops besitzes our table and were chatting for 15 min of private matters. Very unsual. The receptionist was awaiting us with their Fingers in her mouth while explaining That she is checking Emails. ?!

• Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank ThePunchBowl
Reviewed September 16, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for one night prior to travelling on to Orkney. The room was well equipped and furnished. The bed linen was top quality and the bed very comfortable and the bathroom was luxurious. The only drawback was the proximity of the room to the lift shaft. Though every effort had been made to soundproof the room I was woken throughout the night by the sound of the lift machinery. If I'd been staying for longer I'd probably have got used to it.
Staff were polite and helpful and kindly looked after my luggage for a couple of hours after I'd checked out.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the lift shaft
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo