1,488 results
All reviewsjohn lewiswaffle makerseparate bathcity centreking roomgreat hotelunion streetrain showercar parkair conditioningwalk in showercomfortable roomsbusiness tripweekend breaksteakbreakfast was excellentlovely room
Reviewed August 31, 2012

Had a great two night stay at The Hilton Garden Inn in Aberdeen. Good location, being only a few minutes walk to the main shopping areas. Staff very friendly and helpful, rooms newly furbished and very clean. Breakfast buffet plentiful and tasty. Couldn't hear other guests while in my room. What more could you want.... Will be back next time in Aberdeen!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed August 30, 2012

We had a great stay at this hotel. Very nice rooms, clean and comfortable. The adjustable beds were superb! Certainly among the best hotel beds I have found.

The hotel is just 6 minutes walk to the airport bus station, with rolling suitcases in hand (Jet 727 on Broad st.). Five big shopping centers within 10 minutes walk, with Bon Accord & St. Nicholas just over the corner. Union St., the port, the maritime museum, HM theatre, Union Terrace, train station, The Robert Gordon U., and lots of good Pubs serving excellent ales, all within easy walking distance.

Very helpful and friendly staff. A typical "Scottish Breakfast", with some fruits, cereals and yogurts for those that are not accustomed to deep frying cooking with their morning coffee.

The only thing I would correct in this hotel is the room's windowsill on the 3rd floor (St. Andrew front) which is made of tin. For those who do not find the sound of rain drops hitting tin relaxing, that may be annoying. Covering the windowsill with copper will solve the problem. It was no problem for us.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 29, 2012

A nice front desk with speedy service.
The room was perfect and clean, very nice standard with a large bathroom wich had both a big shower and a bathtub.
Nice TV and the bed was adjustable for a soft or more stiff feeling a very modern and nice design.
Don't think you will find a room in this hotel with a view.

Breakfast was a typical hotel breakfast nothing to add to that.. ( if you are gluten intolerant there are no bread or sign about this, I choose from the other things without asking about it )

The bar area is nice and the staff is very polite and quick, fixing cabs and keeping you informed on that.. ( taxis are not punctual so have some extra time)

It's placed close to everything, a walk to the pubs and shopping mall.

I would absolutely book a room again to come here.
Most annoying was the AC system, not necessary to have on now so I switched it of..

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Engineer_on_the_road
Reviewed August 29, 2012

We were only in Aberdeen for a weekend visit and stayed at the Garden Inn for one night. The hotel was a great find, clean with many modern facilities. The reception staff were so helpful, nothing was too much trouble. They even rang me to make sure we still wanted the reservation to be held, I didn't know I had to confirm so that was a very welcome call. The bedroom was well equipped with coffee/tea, iron and board, a wonderfully comfortable bed and wi-fi as well. We had access to a computer and printer to print off our return flight tickets as well, in a business suite. We ate an evening meal, 3 course which was very acceptable, 3 types of fish in tempura batter, perfectly cooked steaks and lovely deserts. All well presented and served piping hot by very personable staff, who definately went that extra step to serve you with a smile. We paid for breakfast which, if you had room after an evening meal, could have been a feast. Such a huge selection of food. From cereal, yoghurt, fruits, porridge right through to a full English (Scottish! - haggis was on offer) with a freshly cooked egg. Then various breads and pastries and make your own waffles - a feast! Like the previous day we were allowed to leave our bags at reception rather than haul them around while we toured the city on foot. All in all a great little hotel which seems happy to go that extra step for it's customers. Super.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 29, 2012

Thought I was going to arrive at an overrated hotel but was pleasantly surprised. The receptionists and other staff were polite and cheerful and rooms pleasant, clean and comfortable. My room faced the front and I thought it would prove to be noisy with late night revellers etc., but that fear was unfounded. The hotel is tucked away but within easy reach of the city centre. My only issue would be the watery porridge but that is probably personal choice and the rest of the breakfast was good: freshly made, tasty and with a good choice. The next time I'm in Aberdeen on business this will be my hotel of choice.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business