We spent 2 nights here in June 2011 towards the end of a 12 day self drive trip around Scotland. After spending most of the trip in B & B's it was nice to stay in a hotel with more room to spread out. We had a King 1 bedroom Evolution Suite on a weekend rate which was fantastic value. The suite had 2 rooms, a bedroom/ensuite and a study/lounge separated by a foyer area. The bed had controls to individually soften or firm each side of the bed - incredibly comfortable. The ensuite was clean and well maintained with all the expected toiletries provided. The only concern we had was that the shower wet the floor so we had to use hand towels to mop it up. There were 2 TVs - one in the bedroom and one in the loungeroom so one person could watch TV while the other slept.
There was free wi-fi in the room but as we hadn't brought a laptop with us we used the free busines centre computers to access our emails. Tea/coffee facilities and a bar fridge were provided in the study room.
The facility I appreciated the most was the laundry which allowed me to catch up on our washing after 9 days on the road as we were heading off to Europe after we finished touring Scotland.
On our second night in the hotel the people in the room above us were very noisy with the sound of children running around yelling coming through the ceiling after midnight. I called reception to complain and within 5 minutes the noise stopped so they obviously attended to the issue immediately.
We ate dinner on our first night and breakfast on both mornings in the hotel restaurant and found the food and service excellent each time. The breakfast buffet provided a wide range of hot and cold options including eggs cooked to order. We ventured out to a local restaurant on the second night and wished we had stayed in the hotel instead as the food was not as good as we'd had at the Hilton.
We had trouble finding the hotel and working out how to get into the carpark due to all the tiny one way streets which we're not used to in Australia but once we were there we found the location excellent. It was very central and within walking distance of Union St and all the shops and restaurants. Having an allocated carpark was a bonus as you didn't just have to take your chances and hope you'd get a park. Make sure you tell them you need a carpark when you book though as there is a limited number of places available.
We didn't use the fitness centre, spa or room service so can't comment on them.
Overall, we very very satisfied with our stay here and would stay again if we returned to Aberdeen or would try Hilton Garden Inns in other locations based on our experience here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Conviniently located modern hotel with great service. Hotel has won several award for its impeccable service and modern decor. Enjoy youer evening at Native restaurant, celebrating the best of land and sea with finest steaks, seafood and wines. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton EMEA, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Hilton Garden Inn Aberdeen City Centre reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Garden Inn Aberdeen City Centre Hotel Aberdeen
- Hilton Garden Inn Aberdeen City Centre Scotland