“Excellent”

Hilton Garden Inn Aberdeen City Centre
Ranked #4 of 65 Hotels in Aberdeen
Reviewed August 24, 2011

Our night at the HGI Aberdeen was delightful. First the greeting at reception was warm and friendly. Good directions were given to the car park (we expected to pay for parking having read this on the web site). The car park is conveniently located and accessible from within the hotel. When we reached our room we were pleasantly surprised that it had everything we needed - fridge, safe, separate shower, air -conditioning, queen size bed, plenty of room for 2 suitcases and free wi-fi. The bed and pillows were extremely comfortable. Nice large towels as well.

My computer would not connect to the wifi and when I rang reception Sofia came up to help me. We were unable to connect so Sofia helped me connect via broadband. We also saw Sofia helping people with their parking. Actually we found the reception staff and waiting staff in the hotel delightful.

There is a guest laundry on the lower ground floor so we took advantage of this to catch up on our many days washing.

Hilton Garden Inn Aberdeen you deserve your # 1 rating with Trip Advisor.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends
3  Thank EileenWPerth
Write a ReviewReviews (1,395)

Reviewed August 21, 2011

The hotel is North American quality with both free in room internet and a good business centre. The bar and dining room are fine and the staff were pleasant. The rooms are spacious, modern and clean with plenty of closet space.Quiet and safe-recomended

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank EnergyVoyageur
Reviewed August 20, 2011

I've stayed here on four occasions over the past six months and generally the experience has been positive. First the good points; it's well located, close to city centre, the theatre and good restaurants; the beds are comfortable; the bathroom spacious with separate tub and shower; the free wifi usually works at decent speed and the staff are generally excellent. Now the less good points; the rooms in which I have stayed are rather small, especially when there are two people and luggage; temperature control is difficult and the room seems too warm when it's cool outside; breakfast service has been poor with a long wait for items such as coffee to be replenished and the egg station has been left unattended for too long. In-house dining is expensive and disappointing in light of the good reviews elsewhere. As other reviews point out, parking is also expensive. I return because of the positives mentioned above, but there are still areas for improvement, especially breakfast service.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank FoodieScotland
Reviewed August 19, 2011

My wife and I stayed here for five days while attending a conference in Aberdeen in July. We had a huge, clean, well-appointed room. The facilities are very modern and the staff is helpful. I do have a few criticisms, however: the breakfast is institutional and not worth the money; the parking is outrageously priced and not properly shown on the website; the computer facilities had problems (the wifi went down when we were there, and since guests were not notified, I spent an hour thinking the problem was with my laptop rather than the system; then guests were told to use the business centre, which is very good, but when the printer ran out of paper the staff was completely unprepared and could not deal with it until the next shipment of supplies). With improvements in these areas, this hotel would earn five stars from me.

Room Tip: Book early: incredible deals are available with purchases far in advance.
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank NJChisoxFan
Reviewed August 15, 2011

This is my third trip to HGI Aberdeen. The first time, with my Wife and the second time on a bike trip with a friend. This time we decided to take the whole family, my Wife and I and our three children. As usual the beds were very comfy and our rooms were immaculate. Our meal on Friday was excellent and breakfast on both mornings was Fab. The waffle maker went down a treat with our kids.
As you see the reviews on this hotel are always really good and they are all accurate .
I cannot remember ever being in a hotel anywhere in the world where the staff are so helpful and genuine. To put it simply the staff are the hotel and it is very rare to find this. Thank you very much for a great weekend.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Ranaldwatt
Reviewed August 11, 2011

Another great stay completed at the HGI in aberdeen. Been staying at the HGI for 8 months now for a work contract and wouldn't think of staying anywhere else.

Although the rooms are moden and breakfast every morning is a treat, it's the staff which make this hotel. Every member of staff is without doubt completely outstanding and I have yet to meet one of them on a bad day.

I think it has been said before how good this hotel is and at the time of writing this, HGI Aberdeen is the top Aberdeen hotel and this is for a very good reason.

However a special award must be given to Jozef. His bartending skills are something to behold!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank Pete J
Reviewed August 2, 2011

We spent a weekend in this lovely hotel in July 2011. Everything was great since check-in to check-out and I'm not surprised about rating the hotel as a number 1. Our room was very comfortable, clean and warm. Food at the restaurant was excellent and also breakfast was lovely. They have a waffle maker, so you can make your own waffle for breakfast - delicious! I really would like to say THANK YOU to all employees of the hotel because they were AMAZING! I haven't seen so friendly and helpful staff - they really did care about us. We'll be back soon.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family