1,489 results
All reviewsjohn lewiswaffle makerseparate bathcity centreking roomgreat hotelunion streetrain showercar parkair conditioningwalk in showercomfortable roomsbusiness tripweekend breaksteakbreakfast was excellentlovely room
Reviewed July 29, 2011

Reasonable quick check in. I was given directions to the car park; the cost (£16 per day) of parking seems a little high though. The room on the top floor was pleasant with a spacious bathroom and free wifi which worked well. It was also quiet and rather warm. This was not helped by the air conditioning which blew only hot or ambient air. Two phone calls to reception solved this though - the system was set centrally to a heat mode. They overrode this for my room which quickly cooled down to a comfortable temperature. Breakfast was excellent - a wide selection of buffet items with eggs cooked to order by the chef. Overall a very good experience.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank Hampshire-resident
Reviewed July 28, 2011

Spent 2 nights here with my daughter. Room was lovely and bathroom was one of the nicest i have seen. Only negative is they charge you £9.50 for breakfast if you choose this option. We has breakfast one morning and compared to other hiltons it is not so good, but rooms and locations make up for this.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed July 18, 2011

The Hilton garden inn is quite a good choice is you want a reasonable priced hotel with easy access to the city centre. On the downsides, there are only a few parking spaces at the hotel, the immediate area around the hotel is quite seedy, and you would not want to eat in the hotel as it is pretty naff. However, there is easy access to the rest of the city and as there is plenty of parking and places to eat both issues are easily overcome. Upsides; the service was very good and staff friendly. The hotel room was clean, comfortable and kitted out okay for a garden inn. There was a nice shower that will take two (hurray!) and the room is bed was comfortable. The furniture did not quite meet the requirements of myself and my partner but overall we had a very nice stay.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Brucie2000
Reviewed July 18, 2011

I have been visiting Aberdeen for the past two months for business. In that time i stayed at a few different hotels and concluded that the Hilton Garden Inn is the best in town. The rooms are modern and very comfortable, and the service is impeccable. Staff referred to me by name and treated with me such courtesy. Meeting with Mirili in the breakfast room was particularly a good start to the day - she was very friendly and even remembered to tell the chef to prepare my favourite omelette.
This hotel represents excellent value for money. The rooms include free wifi, free morning newspaper, good bathroom amenities and a well equipped gym (including a gym set you can use in your room if you like). The dining menu was very good and the breakfast had a lot of variety.
Thank you to the HGI team for making my stay so enjoyable. It really was like a home away from home, which is especially important to a business traveller who unfortunately has to be away often.

Room Tip: Whilst all room are pretty much the same size, the ones on the top floor on the backside of the hotel are a little larger.
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
3  Thank Rhin0k
Reviewed July 16, 2011

We stayed here for a night and got a great deal last minute online. I'd read the reviews and wasn't disappointed. Thought the room was great, very clean and well stocked with everything you need. The room was a good size, just right for us for a night. Great bathroom and nice products to use. The city centre location is brilliant, you are just round the corner from all the shops. The breakfast was brilliant, you could have anything you wanted for breakfast, the selection was great. The only thing i could critisise would be that there is no parking, or we weren't aware of any if there was, we had to park round the corner which wasn't ideal. Would go here again if I was in Aberdeen.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
AndrewSmail, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Aberdeen City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2011

Thank you for taking the time to write such a fantastic review from your recent stay here at the Hilton Garden Inn Aberdeen City Centre. Its always a pleasure to receive such positive feedback from our guests regarding all aspects of the hotel.

I would also like to mention that we do indeed have parking facilites directly below the hotel. We have a secure underground car park which is exclusively for hotel residents. All you need to do is mention that you would like to use the car park to our reception team on check-in and they will arrange this for you.

We all look foward to welcoming you back soon.

Kind Regards,