1,488 results
All reviewsjohn lewiswaffle makerseparate bathcity centreking roomgreat hotelunion streetrain showercar parkair conditioningwalk in showercomfortable roomsbusiness tripweekend breaksteakbreakfast was excellentlovely room
Reviewed July 16, 2011

We stayed here for a night and got a great deal last minute online. I'd read the reviews and wasn't disappointed. Thought the room was great, very clean and well stocked with everything you need. The room was a good size, just right for us for a night. Great bathroom and nice products to use. The city centre location is brilliant, you are just round the corner from all the shops. The breakfast was brilliant, you could have anything you wanted for breakfast, the selection was great. The only thing i could critisise would be that there is no parking, or we weren't aware of any if there was, we had to park round the corner which wasn't ideal. Would go here again if I was in Aberdeen.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
AndrewSmail, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Aberdeen City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2011

Thank you for taking the time to write such a fantastic review from your recent stay here at the Hilton Garden Inn Aberdeen City Centre. Its always a pleasure to receive such positive feedback from our guests regarding all aspects of the hotel.

I would also like to mention that we do indeed have parking facilites directly below the hotel. We have a secure underground car park which is exclusively for hotel residents. All you need to do is mention that you would like to use the car park to our reception team on check-in and they will arrange this for you.

We all look foward to welcoming you back soon.

Kind Regards,

The Hilton Garden Inn Team

Reviewed July 13, 2011

Just returned from a 6-night stay at the excellent Hilton Garden Inn, and once again I have nothing but praise for this fine hotel. Every (and I mean EVERY) member of staff takes the time to ask not only how one's day / stay has been, but they also take the time and trouble to listen to the reply (this is a skill that is lacking at far too many hotels).
For the Front Office Manager (recently promoted to King of Waffle) Andrew, and for every other member of staff with whom I interacted, I have nothing but praise. On 1 morning, when we were waiting to be checked-in for breakfast, the head of maintenance saw us waiting at the desk, and came over and checked our names on the list and invited us to begin dining, rather than waiting for the over-worked breakfast staff to come and help us --- this type of "can do " attitude is to be applauded, and it is one of the many reasons that I shall continue to direct my custom to this hotel.
Apart from the above, I also wish to discover what particular narcotic or elixir Merily (from the bar/restaurant) takes before coming to work --- I have been staying in hotels for too many years to count, and have never come into contact with anybody so perpetually effervescent as this young lady; she really does take "happy" to a whole new level !
I had 4 rooms booked for this week, and every member of my staff that stayed made broadly similar observations to all of those intimated above.
Well done one and all, and a big thumbs up from me.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank RickersScotland
Reviewed July 10, 2011

This is one of the best hotels in Scotland--newly built (Aug 2010), with highest-quality furnishings, fittings, and style. Excellent and quiet location, walking distance from the train station (if it's not raining), and to Old Aberdeen (King's College), and v. close to the excellent Moonfish bistro and Belmont cinema. Too many Hiltons in the UK fall well below their US standards--but not this particular hotel: if this exact hotel were situated in London or New York, the rooms would go for £300, definitely. My room was quiet, comfortable, and had free wifi. Breakfast buffet is generous and thoughtful (smoked fish, oatmeal, cooked eggs, and fresh pastries), in a stylish large room with large windows. Unfortunately espresso costs extra and the newspapers are rather downmarket tabloids.

Unfortunately the front-desk staff are irritable, easily confused, and unprofessional. When they made an error with my booking (their computer conflicted with my reservation receipt from Hilton.com) the young man at the desk got irritated (with me!) and obviously didn't know how to handle the situation with the elegance and calm one would expect of a Hilton front-desk employee. All was sorted out (he was wrong), but even the person who sorted it was confused. An annoying dimension to an otherwise excellent stay.

Be sure to book online: I paid just £44 in advance at Hilton.com but my colleagues, who booked later, paid £149. Ensure you get breakfast included--it's particularly good.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed July 9, 2011

Went To Aberdeen for a long week-end. The Hotel Is Centrally situated for shopping Eating out etc., although we ate in the Restaurant in the Hotel. Dinner was very good with plenty to choose from the menu. We stayed in a suite which was very spacious & modern with a 32" Flatscreen Tv in Lounge & Bedroom. Staff were very pleasant & very attentive to you requirements. Will DEFINATELY BE BACK !

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 9, 2011

We came to see our son graduate. Two nights at the hotel and two breakfasts. The rooms was superb. Very clean and comfortable. Breakfast was great. We had a meal on the evening of his graduation to celebrate and it was excellent. The staff were so friendly and helpful. Have been in one or two hotels and have felt uncomfortable sometimes as though we were below the expected clientelle level. A very warm welcome from all staff and everything explained to us, this doesn't always happen in all hotels. Would most definitely use this hotel again. I hope the staff are rewarded by management for the extremely pleasant experience that they give to their guests.
Gloria & David Meen